Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3778898;

Because he cups his hands together in what appears to be an effort to make sure the door is shut ( good and shut), it is easy to think that he might be in some kind of negative mood. He may be, or he may just be drawing in a shaky breath as if to say, "That unpleasant job is done."

Sanlee, Jason walked Stephanie F5 out and talked to her for a couple of minutes. In what kind of vehicle did she leave the F5-F4 RC?
    Oh you're right! It looks like a limo? or a car?:

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3778754;
    I was catching up on posts I missed over the holiday season and I saw some references (Capegal, Ryvetted) to a conversation I reported with someone at ABC in early December. My post was so long ago I don't remember exactly how I said it but I do remember the conversation very well.
    This was before we had the previews and the information we have now, but I think it's interesting to try to piece these things together.
    I recall my friend telling me that Jake as TB was not so much like the guy who inspired the "Nice Guys Finish First" theme for this season. I posed the question of whether they would gloss over the imperfections or throw him to the wolves. Most everyone here shouted back at me, "Hey Idiot, this is TB, they will throw him to the wolves!"
    I think we're seeing a bit of that already.
    Some of you may remember the quote from the ABC guy that Jake could be difficult, short tempered, and demanding. I guess that's easy to say about anyone who doesn't always do what you want them to do...but we are seeing the temper and demands even in the previews.
    The specific quote I remember was, "Jake says he will do things I know he has no intention of doing." I'm still not sure what that one was about but it's interesting to look into further.
    More of you probably remember the quote about Jake being "the horniest Bachelor since Jesse Palmer." I only know Jesse Palmer as a college football analyst, one of the best in the country, but Bloomers filled me in on his liasons.
    There was another comment about Jake appearing very religious but going for the cheapest girls on the show. I guess time will tell but the previews don't look like anything the church elders will brag about.
    The criticism going into this season was that Jake was dull and uninteresting. I have a theory that the producers took every bad take and threw them into the mix to overcome that perception - probably to a degree that is not fair to Jake.
    I also have a theory that Jake is figuring it out already. Hence, the interviews we've seen in which he is so guarded....or the dinner with the friend in which he didn't want to talk about the show.
    I think they threw him to the wolves and he knows it now.
    ETA: All of these comments are made in the context of this TV show, which is hard on everyone. If my daughter brought a guy like Jake home, based on what I know and actually believe, I would be welcome him.......but I still think we have a long way to go in reaching any kind of reliable judgments on anyone. Except maybe Gia, who we've seen too much of already.
    So....did it sound like from your friend that he ends up with Gia?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3778900;

It looks like a limo to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3778902;
    It looks like a limo to me.
    So did he walk out Stephanie because she was the only one eliminated that episode? Or was there someone else with her who was eliminated and did he walk her out too?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3778900;

I don't remember thinking anything unusual was happening which would mean something other than a limo - I guess because he walked her right out to the curb.
    I would have noticed if it were a cab or simply a car.

ETA: Stephanie was the only one. If you remember, Jason refused to give the other rose at the previous RC.

It seems to me that all of them are kind of doing whatever they want if they can get away with it.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3778904;
    I don't remember thinking anything unusual was happening which would mean something other than a limo - I guess because he walked her right out to the curb.
    I would have noticed if it were a cab or simply a car.

ETA: Stephanie was the only one. If you remember, Jason refused to give the other rose at the previous RC.

It seems to me that all of them are kind of doing whatever they want if they can get away with it.
    Now I remember! I just saw some screencaps of the five of them arriving at the hotel and then the caps of Stephanie getting walked out to the limo.

It does seem like the leads are doing what they want....we see Jake taking charge in that citytv clip in that PI! lol

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3778872;
    I just spoke with someone who is very well connected with the airline industry. His belief is that Jake is on a voluntary leave of absence until February 11, 2010.
    ASA furloughed 80 pilots in January of this year, and another 56 in September. There are no plans to call them back anytime soon.
    Jake is very senior with ASA and was NOT one of the pilots furloughed.
    However, ASA has an excess number of pilots since Delta cut 20 ASA planes from their rotation, and the industry is nearly in a crisis mode.
    The relevance of the February 11 date, I think, is that is when United is picking up 14 of ASA's grounded planes and starting to fly them again. This will create more flying hours for the non-furloughed pilots.
    Jake could potentially extend his leave since ASA does not need the pilots, but can only do it for so long without losing his place in line, so to speak, and meeting FAA requirements.
    So my information, and this is not fact but the educated opinion of someone who does this for a living, is that he'll be back on the job on February 11.
    My personal opinion is that he will extend it a bit because that's the time when the show will be ending and he will need to make personal appearances.
    Or maybe he'll be in Hollywood by then, which seems to have better job security.
    Anyway, thought I would pass this along for whatever it is worth. If any of this information is inaccurate, please correct me.
    It was a quick call, and I wrote it down as fast as I could.
    Not sure exactly where I aquired this, but didn't Jake clarify his role as instructional and not a rank and file pilot?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Write;3778648;
    That's it. Thanks Cash and Sanlee. If you scroll up, you can see the top of the iron gate and what I think is the alien from the SC.
    Good job Mr Write!

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3778754;
    I was catching up on posts I missed over the holiday season and I saw some references (Capegal, Ryvetted) to a conversation I reported with someone at ABC in early December. My post was so long ago I don't remember exactly how I said it but I do remember the conversation very well.
    This was before we had the previews and the information we have now, but I think it's interesting to try to piece these things together.
    I recall my friend telling me that Jake as TB was not so much like the guy who inspired the "Nice Guys Finish First" theme for this season. I posed the question of whether they would gloss over the imperfections or throw him to the wolves. Most everyone here shouted back at me, "Hey Idiot, this is TB, they will throw him to the wolves!"
    I think we're seeing a bit of that already.
    Some of you may remember the quote from the ABC guy that Jake could be difficult, short tempered, and demanding. I guess that's easy to say about anyone who doesn't always do what you want them to do...but we are seeing the temper and demands even in the previews.
    The specific quote I remember was, "Jake says he will do things I know he has no intention of doing." I'm still not sure what that one was about but it's interesting to look into further.
    More of you probably remember the quote about Jake being "the horniest Bachelor since Jesse Palmer." I only know Jesse Palmer as a college football analyst, one of the best in the country, but Bloomers filled me in on his liasons.
    There was another comment about Jake appearing very religious but going for the cheapest girls on the show. I guess time will tell but the previews don't look like anything the church elders will brag about.
    The criticism going into this season was that Jake was dull and uninteresting. I have a theory that the producers took every bad take and threw them into the mix to overcome that perception - probably to a degree that is not fair to Jake.
    I also have a theory that Jake is figuring it out already. Hence, the interviews we've seen in which he is so guarded....or the dinner with the friend in which he didn't want to talk about the show.
    I think they threw him to the wolves and he knows it now.
    ETA: All of these comments are made in the context of this TV show, which is hard on everyone. If my daughter brought a guy like Jake home, based on what I know and actually believe, I would be welcome him.......but I still think we have a long way to go in reaching any kind of reliable judgments on anyone. Except maybe Gia, who we've seen too much of already.
    Thanks sdl for your insight. Your theory that the producers may have thrown Jake to the wolves made me think about earlier speculations that Jake may not have chosen anyone or was rejected. I recall from Brad's season, when he didn't dance to the producers tunes and chose no one, oh yes they definitely threw him to the wolves big time, enough so that supposed fans became very hateful toward Brad. Could this be a repeat coming for Jake?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3778656;
    Ok so we've got a possible RC location or date location. Which could it be? If it's a RC, it's one girl that Jake is putting in the limo, so that would be 4/3, right? And the girl in the limo would be Ali?

Or (since I don't want to think Jake would slam the door like that on Adorable Ali), this could be a 1-1 date. Or special 1-1 time at the end of a groupdate and he sends the girl home? SO many possibilities.

ETA
    I'm not the only one who sees a face here, am I?
    I see what you see, too but I think it is only a reflection and an illusion.