Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

So, I've also been trying to find any information out about Kathryn. I noticed that her "bio" says she is a Corporate Flight Attdt, CA" but she was born in Lexington, KY. Am I reading this correctly? If she was born in Lexington, KY then did she grow up there and graduate HS there? This biggest HS in Lex town (as we call it) is Lafayette HS but there are about 6 other hs's. Hum...is she graduated when she was 17 or 18 then that was 7 or 8 years ago...2001 or 2002 possibly...I may look through year books if I can get some...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3778264;
    Well she seems pretty cool from just pictures alone. I wouldn't count her out because she isn't one of the prettiest ladies there. Sometimes those girls are the prettiest on the inside.

I cannot wait to see what their personalities will be like apart from their looks....
    And Jake openly says that it's not outer beauty that he is going for.
    "In the end we all get ugly"

You all see this yet?

NY POST/
    By MICHAEL SHAIN

One young woman who was looking for love with the new "Bachelor" on the famed dating series was also fooling around with a crew member from the show, according to reports.

The latest scandal to spring from "The Bachelor" became public late last week when ABC began airing a brief, on-air promo about the philandering contestant.

"She's been having an sexual affair with somebody else in the Bachelor House," one of the other women is heard to say on the clip.

That confirmed what at least one fan Web site has been saying for several weeks -- that a male member of the show's production crew and one of the contestants had been romantically involved while "The Bachelor" was shooting last fall.

The site claims it has inside information about the affair.

If true -- and officials from the show are refusing all comment -- it would be an embarrassing situation for the series that likes to hype upcoming episodes as "the most shocking ever."

Reality shows are usually very strict about cast and crew fraternizing off camera.

Last fall, Mark Burnett, the producer behind "Survivor" and other reality hits, claimed that his crew members are warned that merely talking to a contestant is grounds for immediate firing.

The most famous incident of an behind-the-scenes romance was during the first season of MTV's "The Real World," when the show's director Bill "Corky" Richmond became involved with cast member Becky Blasband.

The director was removed from the show after news of the affair got out and a strict ban imposed on social contact with the housemates.

"The Bachelor" this season stars a hunky commercial airline pilot from Dallas, Jake Pavelka.

Pavellka was a rejected suitor on the last edition of the series -- passed over by the bachelorette, Jillian, at least in part because, even though he was a nice guy, he appeared kind of dull and colorless.

Fans have been speculating for weeks that the show -- with its very familiar format of rose ceremonies and tearful limo confessions -- was getting stale after 14 seasons. (The new season starts next week.)

But the show has been lucky in recent years and kept its ratings up with some novel twists -- including one Bachelor who changed his mind a month after proposing to one girl on the air. In a follow-up show, he announced that he was really in love with the runner up and dumped the girl he'd first chosen on national TV.

No word on which bachelorette was caught fooling around this season -- or what, if anything happened, to the crew member.

The episode where the hanky-packy is revealed is set to air in late January, according to reports.
    'Bachelor' shock - NYPOST.com

Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;3778209;
    I think I remember reading that as well but, if you ask me that will just be humiliating for the lady! It will make her look like a sl*t in that she's already on a show to fast track a relationship and she can't even focus on the guy that she's there for?!? (Although, I realize that there must have been less competition for the crew worker! )
    Or the guys on the crew are hotter or more interesting,

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3778185;
    Would Jake take back the rose if the girl involved in crossing the line was the one who he had given the group date rose to?
    Maybe the picture of him throwing the rose in the fire is because he does just that, takes it back out of frustration ??? Maybe he sees the gal with one of the production guys and doesn't like it. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3778333;
    You all see this yet?

The difference imo between The Bachelor and other reality tv shows is that The Bachelor would dearly love and relish the chance to use this for the drama whereas the other shows took it as very serious, detrimental business.

Oh! and they might "fire" (or let the guy go) for this gig, but I wouldn't count on them not hiring him again in the future!

ETA: This is the show that produced the Jason/Melissa/Molly hoopla followed by the Jillian/Ed/ girlfriends back home hooplah. In order for the producers to make this cast/crew member outdo those would be to show them in a compromising position, and they can't do that on a PG14 show.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 12-28-2009 at 11:54 AM.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3778333;
    You all see this yet?

Late Jan? I thought it was discovered in the 2nd episode?

This article doesn't seem to inidicate that the writer knows anything more than we do.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3776431;
    This is one of the weirdest intro's ever - not you, Alexxxx, but what the show put out there.
    "Former Disney Princess" means she, and a million other adolescents, worked a summer at Disney World dressed as a mouse, an ugly beast, a dancing bear, a lion cub, a fat guy, a talking cat, or a princess? Is there more to it than that?
    I worked one summer scaring the crap out of kids riding through their campground as the Headless Horseman. I never thought to put that on my resume.
    "Never been with another man before or since." Ok, two ways to go here - either the dudes that hooked up with her before and after just grin and bear it - letting it go because they don't mind perpetuating a fraud and keeping a low profile....or, this is just not natural and Tenley has some issues that Jake does not need to waste time trying to sort out.
    This is not the Sound of freaking Music we are watching.
    I commend Tenley for not going out with men and having sex with just any man she dates a couple of times. I have a feeling she might be religious. Just because you enjoy dating a man for a few times doesn't mean you need to have sex with him. I am one of the old-fashioned women who believes sex belongs only in a serious relationship and hopefully in a marriage. I don't like the risk of catching an STD. I suspect Jake might believe the same way if he is deeply religious. If you have known and dated the person for many months, then maybe with protection.

Our young people have gone crazy with having sex with anyone they can find and they are paying for it in many ways--unwanted pregnancies, STD's, and once a person has had sex with many partners, they are often considered to be just trash.

Maybe Tenley is waiting for the right man to come along and she is hoping it might be Jake!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3778335;

Or the guys on the crew are hotter or more interesting,
    could be! It will be interesting to see how much of the "affair" we will actually see!

I also would not be terribly shocked if later we find out that the crew member is "re-hired" (meaning he was let go only for appearances) Or that his being let go was actually a paid leave!!
    Last edited by LibbyBell; 12-28-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;3778345;
    could be! It will be interesting to see how much of the "affair" we will actually see!
    I have a feeling that as much as we have heard about it,it will probably barely be mentioned let alone be seen.