Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3778205;
    Molly had rose petals in the bathtub scene ... didn't we conclude that Reid's flowers were orchids, and not roses?
    Bevin and Tessa both had rose petals in their FD suites.
    In the earlier seasons usually it was reserved for the "chosen".
    Things change. Nice not to be too stale.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Going back to a previous post concerning the "sexual affair". If Jake takes back one of the roses & gives it to another woman, how will the "lucky" alternate feel? If this season is going to be all about the drama (which season isn't?) then maybe the alternate will be someone who ends up being in the F4....maybe even F1 or F2. Make for good convo on the FD or LCD...."I almost went home until Hoochie did the Tangled Sheets Tango with the grip & now here we are" *sigh* CUT!!!!

OK, now that that's out of my system, I think maybe we should pay attention to who gets to stay by default if a rose is taken away like in our scenario. It would make a little side story for Jake to keep the default for a while after almost booting her out. She would be insecure because he really didn't want her to stay. He would have to comfort her & make something up about how she just hadn't let down her wall & he didn't know if she would be able to open up to him. Lots of PIs from Jake about how happy he is that she stayed..yada, yada.

Have I just totally gone off on a tangent????
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3778278;
    Going back to a previous post concerning the "sexual affair". If Jake takes back one of the roses & gives it to another woman, how will the "lucky" alternate feel? If this season is going to be all about the drama (which season isn't?) then maybe the alternate will be someone who ends up being in the F4....maybe even F1 or F2. Make for good convo on the FD or LCD...."I almost went home until Hoochie did the Tangled Sheets Tango with the grip & now here we are" *sigh* CUT!!!!

OK, now that that's out of my system, I think maybe we should pay attention to who gets to stay by default if a rose is taken away like in our scenario. It would make a little side story for Jake to keep the default for a while after almost booting her out. She would be insecure because he really didn't want her to stay. He would have to comfort her & make something up about how she just hadn't let down her wall & he didn't know if she would be able to open up to him. Lots of PIs from Jake about how happy he is that she stayed..yada, yada.

Have I just totally gone off on a tangent????
    How would anyone, but possibly Jake or tptb know who the "default" girl is?
    The order the roses are given out at the RC's are not necessarily the order of desire, sometimes that order is suggested by TPTB and sometimes the order they are actually given out are edited to be shown otherwise and sometimes it's probably mish mash.
    The only time I can remember something that awkward being shown to the viewers with Jesse Palmer(the dufus) saying he made a "mistake" by announcing the wrong girls name and then asking to give out an extra rose.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3778282;
    How would anyone, but possibly Jake or tptb know who the "default" girl is?
    The order the roses are given out at the RC's are not necessarily the order of desire, sometimes that order is suggested by TPTB and sometimes the order they are actually given out are edited to be shown otherwise and sometimes it's probably mish mash.
    The only time I can remember something that awkward being shown to the viewers with Jesse Palmer(the dufus) saying he made a "mistake" by announcing the wrong girls name and then asking to give out an extra rose.
    If Jake knew of someone he definantely wanted to keep & TPTB wanted more drama, (as if there isn't already enough), then they could have told him that she would be the default girl after they reveal that another "stepped over the line". The press release is saying that one steps over the line also that a rose no longer guarantees that the woman is staying, but 12 women go back to the mansion. There has been speculation here that the comment about the rose could mean that a rose is taken away, yet the number of women at the RCs seem to go along with regular schedule. Does this mean that one who would have been sent home now stays because one given a rose previously had it taken away & was sent home, so another gets to stay? I dunno.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3778229;
    So it looks like Elizabeth NE may not even make it very far like we had previously thought. It's interesting that you think that Ashleigh may get to the F2 spot and she gets the FIR. The only time that I remember that the girl who got the FIR made it far was in Brad's season, Jenni and she was the F2. It will be interesting to see the previews for the whole season....I am waiting to spot someone that we have not really focused on yet.
    Of course we are speculating, and on top of that we are speculating based only on screencaps, media articles, and video clips. We have to take that into very serious consideration. With that said, I could be barking completely up the wrong tree....

Ashleigh - We hear from a media article that Ashleigh "falls into his arms". We see the two of them in a screencap gazing into each others' eyes. At the M& G we see them share a kiss. Ashley's gown is slit up to the hip, so when she makes very long strides, the picture becomes suggestively provocative.
    We know that Ashleigh stays around a long time. Although I haven't seen a picture with her hair "up", she has been identified as the blonde in the 4th episode group beach scene. In addition, she most definitely is the single crying blonde.

Jenni F2 in Brad's season and the definite physical attraction edit did get the FIR, but I am not sure that Ashleigh is going to get the FIR. The media article said the FIR girl was "surprised". Comparatively speaking, Ashleigh gets a lot of attention from Jake. Would she be "surprised" to get the FIR?

Many of the OK "picks" go out at F9. Elizabeth's intentions are questioned. Is she one of them, or is she hidden and maybe is going to the F4? If so then, then Chris Harrison's "picks" contains 3 of the F4, (if Gia is F4) and that isn't typical. He usually includes 2 of the F4 in his "picks".
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3778226;
    I'm thinking we're in for a showdown too

All the previews are pushing a SEXY theme this year. No love story for us!! Just pure unadulterated, adulterated entertainment, folks.

I'm willing to bet Gia gets the final rose.

coming out of lurkdom to say that I feel this way too, that this year's theme is sex and that I won't be surprised to see Gia as the last one standing. Then she and Jake can ride off to Hollywood and live happily ever after for six months!

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3778230;
    I would agree with the bolded statement Ryvetted if it was all planned out like Matt and Shayne was.Sometimes my gut tells me that Gia is F1 and sometimes,like now it is saying thay Gia is F2.

Of course by tomorrow I'll probably be onto your way of thinking.
    I'm in the same boat. When the group shot was revealed, Gia was my F1 pick strictly on looks. Kathryn and Ashleigh are also in my list to watch. However I'm not convinced that's Gia in the bathtub and I'm flip flopping her from F1 to F2 to F3, but I also don't think that's her in the F3 hug shot. That changes on a daily basis. So, I thought if she IS in the bathtub then perhaps she's the F3 based on what they have done in the past for F3 edit. But like Kasha says upthread, that spot was reserved for the chosen one in years past, so I'm not sure anymore.

kcc112 Regarding your post about actors, Jessie Sulidas' role as Banana Girl in Shark City is coming out Feb 10 2010. She is listed on her bio, as a Cosmetic Sales Manager.

ETA Search you tube for, Paul Manchin's "Cherry" Featuring Jessie Sulidis, it mentions she was on The Bachelor. Look at her head of hair. I posted up thread, not to discount her, because her hair looks short in the s/caps that we have but its really longer and thicker. The video itself, is, um, I don't have a word to describe it.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 12-28-2009 at 10:28 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3778217;
    I'm going with Gia as F1 ... for now. The supposed F3 sc, the girl's hair is definately too light.

Jake and Gia ride off into the sunset towards Hollywood
    I am going to be looking at that 1-1 bungee date (to Nowhere) in Episode 3 with considerable interest. Is that a throw-away rose or go date where the person automatically goes, OR is this a pivotal date - an adrenaline adventure date like Ed F1 had in Jillian's season?

I am having difficulty imagining even the producers who can be incredibly insensitive being cruel enough to callously cut someone after she has successfully mastered the bungee jump just to produce a rose or go humiliating date. On the other hand, how do you get to the airport from nowhere?

As dramatic as that would be, I am inclined to think that this is going to be an F4 date and maybe an F1 (adventure liked Ed) date.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Just making a quick stop to take a look at a few points. I am involved in a few projects this year that will keep me from watching the show, but it is a stress reliever to come here to watch all the fantastic sleuthers busy at work before the show starts.

Someone had posted about a comment made on the ABC board about Vienna, but from what I had read from that poster they were making funny quips about each bachelorette. I believe that the poster's name is zebramusic, and does not appear to know anything from the show.

A few comments were noteworthy and may appear truthful on that board. One was that Gia, Corrie and Ashleigh were all good friends during the show. Another was that Rozlyn has a special needs child.

Oh, I saw where it was mentioned that the F1 does not get a bath tub date. This is going back a few shows but Tessa and Baldwin did on their fantasy date:

Have a terrific season sleuthers!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3778226;
    I'm thinking we're in for a showdown too

All the previews are pushing a SEXY theme this year. No love story for us!! Just pure unadulterated, adulterated entertainment, folks.

I'm willing to bet Gia gets the final rose.
    I am thinking a lot of this is dependent upon Jake's motivation for being the Bachelor. We know in retrospect that Jason petitioned hard and initially to be the Bachelor before he was on DeAnna's Bachelorette show which implies he simply wanted to be the Bachelor, and yet he has ended up in a love match.
    We also know that Jake pushed like the dickens to be the Bachelor. Why? Did he just want the experience of being the Bachelor? Was he ever really, really interested in the remote chance that he might find someone?
    If he was, then Gia is not a shoo-in because Gia's profile does not fit in with Jake's individual and family profile.

Now, if Jake simply wanted to be the Bachelor, and the producers knew it ( "What do you want out of the show, Jake? yada, yada), then they might have bargained with him for an F1 Gia for the entertainment value since it wouldn't matter to him anyway whether anything came of it.

Although he went in promoting the " I am going to find my fiancee," his interviews are much less promising at this point. He is sounding rather apathetic in his interviews concerning the outcome imo.