Page 47 of 1269 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657971475471047 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Oh My!!! Everyone has been very busy beavers! Those pictures are gorgeous. It certainly looks like a 2 on 1 date rather than a group date as Mini suggested upthread.

Are we speculating as far as the locations, for eg Vetana Spa, and Rocky Point Restaurant? I googled Big Sur because I never heard of it. It looks like there are many beautiful places. I'm trying to envision the area, secluded and romantic? I don't have the time right now, but I will google earth it as well. Great work everyone!

OT there are casting calls for contestants for the Bachelorette 6!

For what its worth.

jakethebachelor Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and support. Things are great...
    about 4 hours ago from web

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3737673;
    Oh My!!! Everyone has been very busy beavers! Those pictures are gorgeous. It certainly looks like a 2 on 1 date rather than a group date as Mini suggested upthread.

Are we speculating as far as the locations, for eg Vetana Spa, and Rocky Point Restaurant? I googled Big Sur because I never heard of it. It looks like there are many beautiful places. I'm trying to envision the area, secluded and romantic? I don't have the time right now, but I will google earth it as well. Great work everyone!
    Big Sur kind of hangs on the edge of California, really in danger of falling off the earth in a big quake... It's a real commitment to go there, as it is miles south of Monterey and many miles north of anything else.

Here's a link to the road map of the area. Big Sur is about where the M in the green "Monterey" is, I think. Highway Information Area Maps Caltrans District Five

They could go to any of the state parks that are up there - let's not forget that the redwoods are awesome. Pfeiffer Beach is only one mile away from Ventana and has spectacular sunsets to order... or the McWay Falls at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park would be good for a picnic...

If they were to go on another date tomorrow, it could be at Hearst Castle (65 miles south of Big Sur, but it will take a couple of hours...), Welcome to Hearst Castle. They do allow special events, but the special event must include a tour. ??

But then, they're 250 miles from Los Angeles (230 from Agoura?) They would have to drive down to...Santa Barbara? to fly back? And, as LRSC knows, it's only 90 minutes to the mansion from Santa Barbara.... Unless the next RC takes place *at the Hearst Castle!* Just a thought. I'm overexcited and need to go home to DH>

I2D, do you think it's too far from Big Sur to the mansion for a day trip? It sounds like it would be unless they choppered in (when have we ever known TB to do that?). I'm so glad that y'all know about CA & CA traffic & travel times.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3737634;
    C'mon,Capegal! Don't encourage LRSC! You know how she gets! She's already a bit miffed at me for not high-tailin' it up to the Big Sur Lighthouse - dinner at Rocky Point Restaurant, of course: Rocky Point Restaurant

We will figure out a way to get out to the mansion tomorrow evening. DH is feeling mostly better. Good for him, bad for sleuthing.
    What ever do you mean about not encouraging LRSC - hummph - UUmm - ok........................... note to self - time to bribe LRSC with THE best of TLC to her engine and moving parts to keep LRSC purring
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

AAAAhhh Monterey area would be awesome for dates as well - that would be a wonderful and beautiful...............maybe we will get to see some of that area - I know LOL .......... wishful thinking
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3737676;
    For what its worth.

jakethebachelor Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and support. Things are great...
    about 4 hours ago from web
    Yeah, like he would say otherwise!

Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3737693;
    Big Sur kind of hangs on the edge of California, really in danger of falling off the earth in a big quake... It's a real commitment to go there, as it is miles south of Monterey and many miles north of anything else.

Here's a link to the road map of the area. Big Sur is about where the M in the green "Monterey" is, I think. Highway Information Area Maps Caltrans District Five

They could go to any of the state parks that are up there - let's not forget that the redwoods are awesome. Pfeiffer Beach is only one mile away from Ventana and has spectacular sunsets to order... or the McWay Falls at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park would be good for a picnic...

If they were to go on another date tomorrow, it could be at Hearst Castle (65 miles south of Big Sur, but it will take a couple of hours...), Welcome to Hearst Castle. They do allow special events, but the special event must include a tour. ??

But then, they're 250 miles from Los Angeles (230 from Agoura?) They would have to drive down to...Santa Barbara? to fly back? And, as LRSC knows, it's only 90 minutes to the mansion from Santa Barbara.... Unless the next RC takes place *at the Hearst Castle!* Just a thought. I'm overexcited and need to go home to DH>
    Thanks for posting all this info about Big Sur. Very lovely castle!

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3737725;
    I2D, do you think it's too far from Big Sur to the mansion for a day trip? It sounds like it would be unless they choppered in (when have we ever known TB to do that?). I'm so glad that y'all know about CA & CA traffic & travel times.
    I2D & Saffron, I think they could make this a day trip assuming they flew by plane/helicoptor from LA to Monterey which is 1 hour flight time. The drive from Monterey to Big Sur is about 45 minutes (31 miles). I am betting the Ventena Inn and Spa is on the agenda. Dining, spa treatment, scenic views for the day, then return back to the Mansion -- it is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3737765;
    I2D & Saffron, I think they could make this a day trip assuming they flew by plane/helicoptor from LA to Monterey which is 1 hour flight time. The drive from Monterey to Big Sur is about 45 minutes (31 miles). I am betting the Ventena Inn and Spa is on the agenda. Dining, spa treatment, scenic views for the day, then return back to the Mansion -- it is doable.
    I imagine we are talking private jet, not a helicopter, considering the wind.

Could this possibly be the Cinderella Date?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3737765;
    MiniDiva your sleuthing amazes me! This sounds to me like one of those last 1on1 dates for someone who has had little 1on1 time so far. It seems a little involved for a 2on1 which have been a bit simpler as memory serves me.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.