Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Does anyone know where the season preview is showing Jake getting ready for the M &G? I can't find it.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3774475;
    At least as far as the production company was concerned, he was definitively cast by Labor Day, or whenever I posted -- Sept 2 or 3 I think. As girls are interviewed after they are eliminated, maybe their individual expectations about who was the bachelor will be revealed. People are usually added to the cast on a rolling basis, I think, right up to the end, so some girls might have been hand picked for him. Anyway, the decision to cast Jake was set in stone by Sept 2 or 3, so I respectfully agree to disagree with the highlighted statement.
    Jlccaz, do you know what the deciding factor was in choosing Jake? Was he selected by default?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3774624;
    Does anyone know where the season preview is showing Jake getting ready for the M &G? I can't find it.
    Have you tried jokers?

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3774611;
    Thanks......I wonder if a new commercial will air tonight during, I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown.
    I am going to watch it tonight just to see if there is a commercial for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3774459;
    I have only one problem with this quote though sanlee.

Because I seem to recall, and I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, that the general public did not know that Jake was the confirmed Bachelor until just a few weeks before filming actually began and more importantly that the sleuthers had already determined that the finalists were already chosen BEFORE that announcement was made. Now there was scuttlebutt I believe from jlcaz that Jake was going to be the one as early as beginning of September. But we were all lamenting at that time how unfair that was to the girls and to Jake because how were they recruiting when it SEEMED that the Bachelor selection was so up in the air.

Even a few weeks before the big announcement that Jake was the man, there were online polls yet again asking who would you prefer, Jake, Reid or Kip. In retrospect, just a ruse to keep the speculation and buzz going.

So how would the women attending the general auditions know who the Bachelor was beforehand. Now those girls would have guessed if they had a brain who the three contenders were and they may have asked the girls who would you prefer and they wisely chose those girls who said Jake was the reason they came out. Or certain girls were directly recruited. Which is of course different than women flocking to the auditions solely based on Jake being the Bachelor.
    It seems to me that they have more than 25 girls audition for the bachelor season. So yes, I could reasonably see that the girls were asked about their preference to a previous bachelor - if any. Some probably preferred a new "surprise" one. Once the bachelor was confirmed - it was easy enough to go to the Jake preferred list and choose the ladies mainly from there - and those who had no preference. That way they could choose some drama makers.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3774636;
    Have you tried jokers?
    I have & can't seem to find it there, but I checked where the others were. I'll try a search..sometimes those are in different places.

Thanks
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3774655;
    I have & can't seem to find it there, but I checked where the others were. I'll try a search..sometimes those are in different places.

Thanks
    I don't recall which one you are talking about. What happens in it? Are you sure it wasn't an interview?

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3774658;
    I don't recall which one you are talking about. What happens in it? Are you sure it wasn't an interview?
    It is the 17 min teaser of the first show. On the Jokers site it indicated it was viewable until a certain date - which I seem to recall as Saturday. it was also posted on another site and now the screen shows zero time. It has been removed

Posted on the other site is this from an interview done with Trista S.

Trista Sutter is still happily married to the man she met and fell in love with during her time on ABC's The Bachelorette, Ryan Sutter. The two married on TV six years ago, have two children, and are happier than ever.

So why does Trista think The Bachelor/Bachelorette series doesn't work? Or, at least, doesn't work anymore?

"The show is a little tainted now," the 37-year-old mother of two told E! Online recently at JC Penney's Holiday Tasting and Tree Trimming at West Hollywood's Sunset Tower. "People know the right things to say and do, and how to act."

Sutter went on to speculate on the reason--a well-known reality TV cliche, known on screen as this simple term: "there for the right reasons."

"When we were on it, it was more innocent," she continued. "It came from a pure place...I'm sure many people go on now to be a part of the public eye."

Judging from the latest line-up of swimsuit, fitness, and spokesmodels who signed up to woo this season's Bachelor, Jake Pavelka, one can only speculate that the issue of "there for the right reasons" may come up during the series. The first promo for the season, which features one of Jake's ladies lamenting the fact that "every girl in this house is completely fake," would certainly support that prediction--as well as Trista's worries that the show is something other than "innocent" these days.

When the only success story from among the 18 seasons of the ABC series doesn't trust the process anymore, why should the show's 19th victim star, Jake Pavelka? See what he has to say about why he wanted to be The Bachelor, and what he got out of the show, in his recent media conference call, after he wrapped filming on the season sometime in November.

Jake kept quiet about whether his magical Bachelor "journey" resulted in a ring or not, but one thing is for sure, according to the pilot: it's going to be a rocky one, which we can all witness beginning January 4 at 8 PM on ABC.

Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3774655;

Thanks
    Are you referring to the preview that we usually see at the very beginning of the season with the baby pictures of Jake and when he is getting ready for the M&G?