Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

I haven't been able to find the dead tree yet..obviously we're more interested in dead trees than anyone else. I did find a picture of a dead gopher at Stow Lake, so if we get that in a SC, I've got it convered.

It really does look like the same area.

I lightened the photo that we have, but it's a different angle. The tree actually does look very similar.

Last edited by SaffronSunrise; 12-21-2009 at 05:13 PM.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3774437;
    Interesting Bloomers, I am a little late to the party as usual, so it would appear then that they perhaps knew Jake was their man a lot earlier than either they were letting on or we suspected they knew, letting people believe that negotiations were perhaps still ongoing with Reid or Kip or they did what they did in Jillian's season and seek out more specific girls near the end of the process once the Bachelor was 100% confirmed.

Of course casting practicing Christians to contend for a Jewish Bachelor would make for interesting drama - after all, we got to see that issue dealt with in reverse on More to Love.
    More to Love was an interesting show and the issue above was part of it all. But really it just was one of those problems that the couple had to overcome. It was never really presented as that big a deal until the family met the Bachelor. There have been other Jewish men on TB and nothing was ever made of anyones religion. More to Love (a Fleiss inspired show) did it once and IMHO once was enough.

Keep in mind that on MTL the F1 and F3 never had a 1:1 date with the bachelor. It was pretty unrealistic in the end.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3774459;
    I have only one problem with this quote though sanlee.

Because I seem to recall, and I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, that the general public did not know that Jake was the confirmed Bachelor until just a few weeks before filming actually began and more importantly that the sleuthers had already determined that the finalists were already chosen BEFORE that announcement was made. Now there was scuttlebutt I believe from jlcaz that Jake was going to be the one as early as beginning of September. But we were all lamenting at that time how unfair that was to the girls and to Jake because how were they recruiting when it SEEMED that the Bachelor selection was so up in the air.

Even a few weeks before the big announcement that Jake was the man, there were online polls yet again asking who would you prefer, Jake, Reid or Kip. In retrospect, just a ruse to keep the speculation and buzz going.

So how would the women attending the general auditions know who the Bachelor was beforehand. Now those girls would have guessed if they had a brain who the three contenders were and they may have asked the girls who would you prefer and they wisely chose those girls who said Jake was the reason they came out. Or certain girls were directly recruited. Which is of course different than women flocking to the auditions solely based on Jake being the Bachelor.
    I know for a fact, not rumor or speculation, but a verified fact that they were still debating who to cast as TB until a couple of weeks before Jake was announced. They always knew they had Jake ready to go, but they didn't settle on him until the vast majority of these girls were cast.
    I'm not shocked by the statement though. When have these people ever told the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3774465;
    I haven't been able to find the dead tree yet..obviously we're more interested in dead trees than anyone else. I did find a picture of a dead gopher at Stow Lake, so if we get that in a SC, I've got it convered.

If that is Corrie (I think it is), then a 1:1 in SF makes more sense to me than a HTD in either AL or FL during that time period. The scenery in the pics from Stow Lake look like a close match to me.

LOL at the gopher!!!
    Last edited by MissMilano; 12-21-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: than not that

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3774468;
    I know for a fact, not rumor or speculation, but a verified fact that they were still debating who to cast as TB until a couple of weeks before Jake was announced. They always knew they had Jake ready to go, but they didn't settle on him until the vast majority of these girls were cast.
    I'm not shocked by the statement though. When have these people ever told the truth?
    Then there goes that theory. Ok, so they are lying. Well you're right, they never do tell the truth anyway. lol At least Jake believes that they casted the girls just for him.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3774468;
    At least as far as the production company was concerned, he was definitively cast by Labor Day, or whenever I posted -- Sept 2 or 3 I think. As girls are interviewed after they are eliminated, maybe their individual expectations about who was the bachelor will be revealed. People are usually added to the cast on a rolling basis, I think, right up to the end, so some girls might have been hand picked for him. Anyway, the decision to cast Jake was set in stone by Sept 2 or 3, so I respectfully agree to disagree with the highlighted statement.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3774404;
    rizzo, hurry hurry!! If you remember anything about those trees or surroundings too, that will maybe get us to the bottom of this log dilemma!!
    What time of year did you go?
    I just moved away from the SF Bay area and that picture could be in GG Park, or any of the many other parks in the area. Also, other than the heels (just wrong for a hike), what they are wearing would fit with the time of year in SF.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3774472;
    Then there goes that theory. Ok, so they are lying. Well you're right, they never do tell the truth anyway. lol At least Jake believes that they casted the girls just for him.
    Ya, you never know. I thought that guy in the video confirmed that the girls knew it was Jake too.....I believe a good part of the girls did know.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3774465;

I lightened the photo that we have, but it's a different angle. The tree actually does look very similar.

I can see some similarities as well - can you flip the pic and post it along with the one of Jake and ??Corrie??
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Ok, here it is flipped. I wish I could spin it around & get the angle from the lake, but alas.... If this photo was taken just 20 feet farther & looking at the tree.

“When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow