Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

  1. #4021
    FORT Fanatic lavender1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    799

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3774394;
    When you read the comments made about some of the Bachelorettes on some of the sites, the point is clearly made by people who know them that they are solid, practicing Christians. Since that has not particularly been a positive point for contenders in the past seasons , and since neither Kip nor Reid particularly associated themselves with Church, but Jake has been associated with Church, I am thinking that the girls were cast for him and not for Kip or Reid. Also, it would seem a bit ironic to purposefully cast solid practicing Christian women to contend for a Jewish Bachelor no matter how desirable Reid might be!
    Interesting Bloomers, I am a little late to the party as usual, so it would appear then that they perhaps knew Jake was their man a lot earlier than either they were letting on or we suspected they knew, letting people believe that negotiations were perhaps still ongoing with Reid or Kip or they did what they did in Jillian's season and seek out more specific girls near the end of the process once the Bachelor was 100% confirmed.

    Of course casting practicing Christians to contend for a Jewish Bachelor would make for interesting drama - after all, we got to see that issue dealt with in reverse on More to Love.

  2. #4022
    FORT Fogey SaffronSunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,401

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    It's really hard to tell from this photo, but maybe we can find more.
    Stow Lake

    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

  3. #4023
    FORT Regular tigger1617's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    53

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3774440;
    It's really hard to tell from this photo, but maybe we can find more.
    Stow Lake

    Thanks for bringing it over. And it is really hard to tell. We need someone to head over to Stow lake and check out the lakeside across from the Pagoda!

  4. #4024
    FORT Fanatic CharmOffensive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    452

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by tigger1617;3774447;
    Thanks for bringing it over. And it is really hard to tell. We need someone to head over to Stow lake and check out the lakeside across from the Pagoda!
    Can we get this on tape in HD please?

  5. #4025
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3774410;
    Trevor, I agree with most of your points. Hopefully, this will remind everyone, that people are different, in size shape personality and occupation. No one charachteristic is better than the next.

    People might have different opinions of what they prefer as their life long partner but that doesn't mean we all have to agree.
    And none of us should make assumptions on Jake's behalf. We should just wait to see what happens before we judge!
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

    Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

  6. #4026
    FORT Regular tigger1617's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    53

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3774450;
    Can we get this on tape in HD please?
    My in-laws are visiting the week after x-mas and we may do the San Francisco thing - I'll try and work in a trip by Stow Lake if we do ...

  7. #4027
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3774370;
    This is quoted from the article I posted in the Media Thread from Jake....here is what we should be looking for. lol
    *************
    Sanlee:
    That was a very interesting quote from Jake, regarding the qualities he is looking for in a woman. I don't know where the quotation came from, so I'm unable to carry it here.
    However, he said the qualities he was looking for could be summed up in 4 words:
    a) "compassionate"
    b) "romantic"
    c) "passionate"
    d) "protective"
    Interesting. How about "smart," adventuresome," independent," "resourceful," "outgoing," "spiritual," or "funny?" Nope, none of that.
    Am i the only person who read this quote and thought...."Hmm, did Jake just use 4 words that describe nothing about how is mate is as her own person, but all about how well she will take care of him?
    Allow me to rephrase his 4 adjectives:
    a) is nice to me
    b) totally loves me
    c) is as horny as me
    d) takes care of me
    I think Jake is looking for a new Mom, who he can have sex with.

  8. #4028
    FORT Fanatic lavender1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    799

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    I have only one problem with this quote though sanlee.

    According to executive producer Martin Hilton, this season has some of the best casting yet. Why? Because when several of the ladies learned that "The Bachelor" was Jake, they decided to audition for the series because they were attracted to him from what they had seen last season.
    Because I seem to recall, and I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, that the general public did not know that Jake was the confirmed Bachelor until just a few weeks before filming actually began and more importantly that the sleuthers had already determined that the finalists were already chosen BEFORE that announcement was made. Now there was scuttlebutt I believe from jlcaz that Jake was going to be the one as early as beginning of September. But we were all lamenting at that time how unfair that was to the girls and to Jake because how were they recruiting when it SEEMED that the Bachelor selection was so up in the air.

    Even a few weeks before the big announcement that Jake was the man, there were online polls yet again asking who would you prefer, Jake, Reid or Kip. In retrospect, just a ruse to keep the speculation and buzz going.

    So how would the women attending the general auditions know who the Bachelor was beforehand. Now those girls would have guessed if they had a brain who the three contenders were and they may have asked the girls who would you prefer and they wisely chose those girls who said Jake was the reason they came out. Or certain girls were directly recruited. Which is of course different than women flocking to the auditions solely based on Jake being the Bachelor.

  9. #4029
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3774457;
    *************
    Sanlee:
    That was a very interesting quote from Jake, regarding the qualities he is looking for in a woman. I don't know where the quotation came from, so I'm unable to carry it here.
    However, he said the qualities he was looking for could be summed up in 4 words:
    a) "compassionate"
    b) "romantic"
    c) "passionate"
    d) "protective"
    Interesting. How about "smart," adventuresome," independent," "resourceful," "outgoing," "spiritual," or "funny?" Nope, none of that.
    Am i the only person who read this quote and thought...."Hmm, did Jake just use 4 words that describe nothing about how is mate is as her own person, but all about how well she will take care of him?
    Allow me to rephrase his 4 adjectives:
    a) is nice to me
    b) totally loves me
    c) is as horny as me
    d) takes care of me
    I think Jake is looking for a new Mom, who he can have sex with.
    This was taken from an article that I posted today in the Media thread which is in the non-spoiler part of the board.


    I have only one problem with this quote though sanlee.


    Quote:
    According to executive producer Martin Hilton, this season has some of the best casting yet. Why? Because when several of the ladies learned that "The Bachelor" was Jake, they decided to audition for the series because they were attracted to him from what they had seen last season.

    Because I seem to recall, and I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, that the general public did not know that Jake was the confirmed Bachelor until just a few weeks before filming actually began and more importantly that the sleuthers had already determined that the finalists were already chosen BEFORE that announcement was made. Now there was scuttlebutt I believe from jlcaz that Jake was going to be the one as early as beginning of September. But we were all lamenting at that time how unfair that was to the girls and to Jake because how were they recruiting when it SEEMED that the Bachelor selection was so up in the air.

    Even a few weeks before the big announcement that Jake was the man, there were online polls yet again asking who would you prefer, Jake, Reid or Kip. In retrospect, just a ruse to keep the speculation and buzz going.

    So how would the women attending the general auditions know who the Bachelor was beforehand. Now those girls would have guessed if they had a brain who the three contenders were and they may have asked the girls who would you prefer and they wisely chose those girls who said Jake was the reason they came out. Or certain girls were directly recruited. Which is of course different than women flocking to the auditions solely based on Jake being the Bachelor.
    Who knows the real truth! They tell us only what they want us to hear...Maybe the women auditioning knew who the three contenders were: Jake, Reid and Kip.....then after they chose The Bachelor, the girls who wanted Jake to be The Bachelor were the ones chosen? Somehow I doubt that, but who really knows!

  10. #4030
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3774463;
    This was taken from an article that I posted today in the Media thread which is in the non-spoiler part of the board.




    Who knows the real truth! They tell us only what they want us to hear...Maybe the women auditioning knew who the three contenders were: Jake, Reid and Kip.....then after they chose The Bachelor, the girls who wanted Jake to be The Bachelor were the ones chosen? Somehow I doubt that, but who really knows!
    Now that actually sounds like far too logical a way to conduct the interviews, so it probably didn't happen! In fact, I remember feedback that the women auditioning weren't asked who they preferred as TB, but I agree, they should have been! Three very different men IMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.