Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3774289;
    Excellent question and some Texas girls for a Texas Bachelor would make sense. Oh we just answered our own question - the Bachelor wouldn't do something that would make sense and certaintly give any post show relationship a better chance to work. Then again weren't they actually casting for Reid or Kip in the beginning? Or certainly the girls might have been hoping that was the case?
    So true - I must have forgotten I was talking about TB for a moment

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor;3774323;
    There's a few things I am not getting........

What's so wrong with Jake being nice. Why do so many think it's an act. He could very well be a genuinely, nice, easy going guy. I think it could be intimidating for some women...I could see someone saying to a friend...."I keep waiting for the real him to show". But maybe this is the real him. He just seems like a nice southern guy, I saw Brad Womack in some of the same light. Limiting the kissing, no sex on the FD, no one chewed that apart. Brad was also honest enough to pick no one when that was how he really felt. Jake's a nice, decent guy (for my sisters sakes I wish there were more of them) and he's emotional, doesn't make him bad.

So what if he's nolt really tall. I for one am 6'3" but I don't think Jake is less of a man cause he's under six feet tall. If people think his height is somehow against him, remember good things come in small packages, Ed was tall and he was an A--, and size isn't everything. Isn't it more important as to what kind fo person he is than where he reacheds on the height bar....but then that brings us back to the nice thing. Boy, men sure have a reputation for being douches if a guy who is genuinely nice isn't trusted.

My third thing is all the snarks about him being a pilot. Whether he flies a 737 or a crop duster, he's still a pilot. He still had to learn all the same things, still has to know how to land safely and everything else. He's been doing it since he was a kid too, shows he a go getter.

Maybe that'/s a bad things about recycling someone from a previous show, people grab onto pre-determined ideas about them. We only saw what they wanted us to see when he was one of skanky Jillian's pawns (c'mon, she knew she was choosing Ed but still had sex with Reid and Kip) and they played Jake up to be the smitten church boy. Hopefully they will let his character grow more in his season and be more than just that.

I just had to log in and get this off my chest. Maybe for once a nice guy will finish first and be someone's hero in all of this. Sorry if I upset anyone, this is all JMO, and I just feel like the guy needs to be given a break.
    I think some of us were turned off and questioned Jake's sincerity when he seemed to fall in love with Jill on their one and only date, (which was sweet but not earth shattering). She pretty much ignored him from that point on, and most guys would have taken the hint that she wasn't that into him, but he just didn't seem to get it. I myself am still not sure if it was all an act to get sympathy in a campaign to be the next Bachelor, or if he is really that clueless about women.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with being short, although our society seems to discriminate against short men the same way it does against overweight women. And I'm sure that douches come in all sizes.

Being a pilot is an admirable profession, whatever size his plane is.

I did not find what we saw of Jake's personality very interesting or appealing last season, and his interviews so far haven't changed my opinion. Just not my type. Hopefully he was somebody else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor;3774323;
    There's a few things I am not getting........

What's so wrong with Jake being nice. Why do so many think it's an act. He could very well be a genuinely, nice, easy going guy. I think it could be intimidating for some women...I could see someone saying to a friend...."I keep waiting for the real him to show". But maybe this is the real him. He just seems like a nice southern guy, I saw Brad Womack in some of the same light. Limiting the kissing, no sex on the FD, no one chewed that apart. Brad was also honest enough to pick no one when that was how he really felt. Jake's a nice, decent guy (for my sisters sakes I wish there were more of them) and he's emotional, doesn't make him bad.

I just had to log in and get this off my chest. Maybe for once a nice guy will finish first and be someone's hero in all of this. Sorry if I upset anyone, this is all JMO, and I just feel like the guy needs to be given a break.
    Trevor, I agree with your comments. I just took out some content to make the blog smaller. Sometimes people cannot handle someone actually being okay. Your words spoke truth...

I've been to the Beach Chalet and GG Park. I'll have to go check my pics to see if anything looks familiar. Nice view from that restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3774360;
    I've got no beef with Jake. I've known a 100 Jakes. They were all ok.
    Where I go off the rails is when TPTB start trying to turn Jake, or any Bachelor/B'ette, into someone who they are not.
    They are not perfect.
    They are not all that successful.
    America did not "fall in love with them."
    Not every girl wants to instantly marry them.
    So stop saying it, and I'll quit complaining about it.
    You know, the best reality show I've ever seen was More to Love. Take out the self pity and crying scenes, and that show was pretty real. A couple of very nice imperfect people who clicked in a fairly natural setting. They didn't last forever but nobody was phony about it.
    It seems like TB used to be more like that, but now everything seems fake. Or maybe I just lost my innocence.
    I know where you're coming from and I like how you dig in and uncover all of their dirty tricks!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3774289;
    Excellent question and some Texas girls for a Texas Bachelor would make sense. Oh we just answered our own question - the Bachelor wouldn't do something that would make sense and certaintly give any post show relationship a better chance to work. Then again weren't they actually casting for Reid or Kip in the beginning? Or certainly the girls might have been hoping that was the case?
    When you read the comments made about some of the Bachelorettes on some of the sites, the point is clearly made by people who know them that they are solid, practicing Christians. Since that has not particularly been a positive point for contenders in the past seasons , and since neither Kip nor Reid particularly associated themselves with Church, but Jake has been associated with Church, I am thinking that the girls were cast for him and not for Kip or Reid. Also, it would seem a bit ironic to purposefully cast solid practicing Christian women to contend for a Jewish Bachelor no matter how desirable Reid might be!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3774394;
    When you read the comments made about some of the Bachelorettes on some of the sites, the point is clearly made by people who know them that they are solid, practicing Christians. Since that has not particularly been a positive point for contenders in the past seasons , and since neither Kip nor Reid particularly associated themselves with Church, but Jake has been associated with Church, I am thinking that the girls were cast for him and not for Kip or Reid. Also, it would seem a bit ironic to purposefully cast solid practicing Christian women to contend for a Jewish Bachelor no matter how desirable Reid might be!
    That is also a good point - I actually haven't read much about the specific Bachelorettes beyond their bios. Just now getting into the seasons sleuthing. And I'm having a great time following along on all the work that is being done.

I really didn't that about that before, Bloomers.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904;3774383;
    I've been to the Beach Chalet and GG Park. I'll have to go check my pics to see if anything looks familiar. Nice view from that restaurant.
    rizzo, hurry hurry!! If you remember anything about those trees or surroundings too, that will maybe get us to the bottom of this log dilemma!!
    What time of year did you go?

ITA that and the fact that there are a few Pageant contestants/winners this season. Jake made a statement in one of the media reports, that he dated a Pageant contestant years ago.