Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3774325;
    I don't believe so because Corrie is one of the shortest B'ette's, about 5'3" and the girl in this photo is close to Jake's height. He has his chin buried in her collar bone. The angle of his face doesn't indicate that he is slumping into her, either.
    It's a taller blonde.
    Ummmm this girl could totally be wearing heels...making her closer to Jake's height!! Everytime I've ever been around Corrie, she has always been in heels!! AND I'm not convinced this girl's hair is in a ponytail....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3774305;
    Man-o-man - I have been pushing that idea for a few days now about the Golden Gate Park LOL - and yuppers - I think I have to agree with you JLCCAZ (especially after YOUR little subtle hint a few days ago LOL)
    What "subtle hint" and how does it apply?
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by ALsweetie;3774337;
    Ummmm this girl could totally be wearing heels...making her closer to Jake's height!! Everytime I've ever been around Corrie, she has always been in heels!! AND I'm not convinced this girl's hair is in a ponytail....
    Does she like to do yard work? I'm asking, because Jake seems to want a lady who likes doing stuff like that.

Oh, and I agree that I don't think it's in a ponytail either.

Quote Originally Posted by ALsweetie;3774337;
    I'm not convinced that the girl's hair is up in a ponytail either..

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3774340;
    I'm not convinced that the girl's hair is up in a ponytail either..
    Well something is holding her hair up - as you can see some of the hair pulled up - and some hanging down - ao assumed I guess that it may be a high ponytail
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3774338;
    What "subtle hint" and how does it apply?
    It was just something that JL said a ways back that made me start to think and go searching - and find something - that's all
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3774231;
    It doesn't look 'overly emotional' to me in that SC - and I would expect him to show emotion when letting gals go - which he admits to anyways - especially around the F9 time and on - so I don't count on not seeing emotion from him when he starts the cuts from F9 to F6 and further as well
    Heck, we have 2 caps of him moping at either letting one go or being declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor;3774323;
    There's a few things I am not getting........

What's so wrong with Jake being nice. Why do so many think it's an act. He could very well be a genuinely, nice, easy going guy. I think it could be intimidating for some women...I could see someone saying to a friend...."I keep waiting for the real him to show". But maybe this is the real him. He just seems like a nice southern guy, I saw Brad Womack in some of the same light. Limiting the kissing, no sex on the FD, no one chewed that apart. Brad was also honest enough to pick no one when that was how he really felt. Jake's a nice, decent guy (for my sisters sakes I wish there were more of them) and he's emotional, doesn't make him bad.

So what if he's nolt really tall. I for one am 6'3" but I don't think Jake is less of a man cause he's under six feet tall. If people think his height is somehow against him, remember good things come in small packages, Ed was tall and he was an A--, and size isn't everything. Isn't it more important as to what kind fo person he is than where he reacheds on the height bar....but then that brings us back to the nice thing. Boy, men sure have a reputation for being douches if a guy who is genuinely nice isn't trusted.

My third thing is all the snarks about him being a pilot. Whether he flies a 737 or a crop duster, he's still a pilot. He still had to learn all the same things, still has to know how to land safely and everything else. He's been doing it since he was a kid too, shows he a go getter.

Maybe that'/s a bad things about recycling someone from a previous show, people grab onto pre-determined ideas about them. We only saw what they wanted us to see when he was one of skanky Jillian's pawns (c'mon, she knew she was choosing Ed but still had sex with Reid and Kip) and they played Jake up to be the smitten church boy. Hopefully they will let his character grow more in his season and be more than just that.

I just had to log in and get this off my chest. Maybe for once a nice guy will finish first and be someone's hero in all of this. Sorry if I upset anyone, this is all JMO, and I just feel like the guy needs to be given a break.
    Well put. Some horses have been beaten to death at this point, in the sense that we can all likely stipulate to his likely height and level of professional accomplishment!

"Smitten church boy" is the perfect description of his character as written last season. The casting decisions seem to play that up as well, but we can always hope that like Brad, the "real" Jake mans up and acts like himself.

To me, it comes down to what (if anything) he wants to do with the fame the show brings him. If he needs to suck up to producers and Hollywood contacts to achieve whatever that is, he was probably as open to direction and scripting as he was in Bach'ette appearances. But maybe he met a girl he really likes and manned up somewhere along the way... I kind of doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3774345;
    Heck, we have 2 caps of him moping at either letting one go or being declined.
    Of course he is going to react - somehow - when one leaves - no matter whose choice it is - no biggie - he admitted to that himself - and we have seen the same/similar in seasons past as well by other bach/ettes - so no big deal IMHO............. well if it happened at the M&G - then I would be worried LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Newbie

My only concern about Corrie is her age. Twenty-three is super young and she doesn't even turn 24 for another two months or so...