Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

There's a few things I am not getting........

What's so wrong with Jake being nice. Why do so many think it's an act. He could very well be a genuinely, nice, easy going guy. I think it could be intimidating for some women...I could see someone saying to a friend...."I keep waiting for the real him to show". But maybe this is the real him. He just seems like a nice southern guy, I saw Brad Womack in some of the same light. Limiting the kissing, no sex on the FD, no one chewed that apart. Brad was also honest enough to pick no one when that was how he really felt. Jake's a nice, decent guy (for my sisters sakes I wish there were more of them) and he's emotional, doesn't make him bad.

So what if he's nolt really tall. I for one am 6'3" but I don't think Jake is less of a man cause he's under six feet tall. If people think his height is somehow against him, remember good things come in small packages, Ed was tall and he was an A--, and size isn't everything. Isn't it more important as to what kind fo person he is than where he reacheds on the height bar....but then that brings us back to the nice thing. Boy, men sure have a reputation for being douches if a guy who is genuinely nice isn't trusted.

My third thing is all the snarks about him being a pilot. Whether he flies a 737 or a crop duster, he's still a pilot. He still had to learn all the same things, still has to know how to land safely and everything else. He's been doing it since he was a kid too, shows he a go getter.

Maybe that'/s a bad things about recycling someone from a previous show, people grab onto pre-determined ideas about them. We only saw what they wanted us to see when he was one of skanky Jillian's pawns (c'mon, she knew she was choosing Ed but still had sex with Reid and Kip) and they played Jake up to be the smitten church boy. Hopefully they will let his character grow more in his season and be more than just that.

I just had to log in and get this off my chest. Maybe for once a nice guy will finish first and be someone's hero in all of this. Sorry if I upset anyone, this is all JMO, and I just feel like the guy needs to be given a break.

I've gone back & tried to find the link the the big Season Preview. I think the one I'm looking for is where they show Jake getting ready for the M & G. Can anyone help?? I just thought of something but need to see that preview again. I've checked ABC & can't find it there on their home page.

Thanks
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3774313;

Does anyone think this might be Corrie? and if not, why not? She seems to me, to always have her hair on the straight side and it seems she likes outfits with straps Part of a strap has been identified in another s/cap of the same pic above.

I don't believe so because Corrie is one of the shortest B'ette's, about 5'3" and the girl in this photo is close to Jake's height. He has his chin buried in her collar bone. The angle of his face doesn't indicate that he is slumping into her, either.
    It's a taller blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3774322;
    So, is it settled? That it's Corrie who is the log girl in Golden State Park for a 1 on 1?

When does that throwing the rose in the fire take place? During a 1 on 1 or group date? Chris mentioned the gals having to pitch their own tents or something.
    I'll bet the throwing the rose in a fire is from the camping trip that Chris mentioned.

There's no evidence that Corrie is F1, so this could absolutely also be her.
    My guess is that it is either Corrie or Tenley.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3774315;
    If they have a 1:1 date in SF and don't utilize Fort Point (overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge - the place that inspired Alfred Hitchcock to make his most personal and romantic movie, Vertigo) then they are morons.
    You can film dead trees and logs anywhere.
    Golden Gate Park is 1,000 acres (like Central Park), and there are many, many activities there, so who's to say what the focus of the date was. Staring at a pretty view yields a pretty screencap or site for a heart to heart1:1 conversation, but not the Action Date Footage (Shopping, Eating (restaurant or picnic), Something Sporty, etc.) we usually see. Depends what they plotted to happen on that date.

Could Jake and the girl be sitting during that hugging SC? Just a random thought.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl;3774328;
    Could Jake and the girl be sitting during that hugging SC? Just a random thought.
    They very well could be
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor;3774323;
    There's a few things I am not getting........

What's so wrong with Jake being nice. Why do so many think it's an act. He could very well be a genuinely, nice, easy going guy. I think it could be intimidating for some women...I could see someone saying to a friend...."I keep waiting for the real him to show". But maybe this is the real him. He just seems like a nice southern guy, I saw Brad Womack in some of the same light. Limiting the kissing, no sex on the FD, no one chewed that apart. Brad was also honest enough to pick no one when that was how he really felt. Jake's a nice, decent guy (for my sisters sakes I wish there were more of them) and he's emotional, doesn't make him bad.

So what if he's nolt really tall. I for one am 6'3" but I don't think Jake is less of a man cause he's under six feet tall. If people think his height is somehow against him, remember good things come in small packages, Ed was tall and he was an A--, and size isn't everything. Isn't it more important as to what kind fo person he is than where he reacheds on the height bar....but then that brings us back to the nice thing. Boy, men sure have a reputation for being douches if a guy who is genuinely nice isn't trusted.

My third thing is all the snarks about him being a pilot. Whether he flies a 737 or a crop duster, he's still a pilot. He still had to learn all the same things, still has to know how to land safely and everything else. He's been doing it since he was a kid too, shows he a go getter.

Maybe that'/s a bad things about recycling someone from a previous show, people grab onto pre-determined ideas about them. We only saw what they wanted us to see when he was one of skanky Jillian's pawns (c'mon, she knew she was choosing Ed but still had sex with Reid and Kip) and they played Jake up to be the smitten church boy. Hopefully they will let his character grow more in his season and be more than just that.

I just had to log in and get this off my chest. Maybe for once a nice guy will finish first and be someone's hero in all of this. Sorry if I upset anyone, this is all JMO, and I just feel like the guy needs to be given a break.
    I've been sticking up for him! I think he's got more pro's than cons. I could do without so many cheese smiles, but he has alot going for him IMO!

To answer your question Trevor,
    That's like asking why there's never a minority on the show, etc. There's never going to be an answer to satisfy your question...but, for me I have a memory and I didn't care for Jake's so-called storyline for Jillian's season. I felt it was staged and lame. Now then why would I be looking forward to watching a guy who won't even admit how fake that stuff all was?

However, Jake finds a woman that doesn't mind it, that's fine by me.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3774327;
    Golden Gate Park is 1,000 acres (like Central Park), and there are many, many activities there, so who's to say what the focus of the date was. Staring at a pretty view yields a pretty screencap or site for a heart to heart1:1 conversation, but not the Action Date Footage (Shopping, Eating (restaurant or picnic), Something Sporty, etc.) we usually see. Depends what they plotted to happen on that date.
    I don't disagree but it's 5-10 minutes from GG Park to Fort Point - just saying it's perhaps one of the most incredibly beautiful background scenes in the US, so I hope they at least use it for the make out scene. Oops, I may have just killed the romance with that last characterization.
    But it's true.