Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3773858;
    Not meaning to be rude or anything - but any info about a baby should not be taken as 'word' - that could have been posted at the 'mother board' by someone who was irate at something - JMHO - again I don't mean to be rude about that subject - so please don't take it that way
    not taken as rude..... and I used that as an example just cause that was what triggered in my brain that maybe this was not a farewell hug but a consoling hug.

sdl: I doubt it had anything to do with elevator shoes and height issues. I am kinda thinking that the people who have the issue with Jake's height are not the bachelorettes or Jake, but people on this board.. lol

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3773859;
    Maybe he is sad because the girl is obviously taller than him, and he forgot to pack his elevator shoes.
    End of height remarks. Sorry.
    The woman--whoever it is--surely is the same height as he is--isn't she?

Oops!

______________________________ ________

" I am kinda thinking that the people who have the issue with Jake's height are not the bachelorettes or Jake, but people on this board.. lol"

The issue we have is with TPTB and why they insist on trying to make Jake everything that he is NOT. From the size of the planes he flies to the size of their contestant they've lied about all sorts of things that are really meaningless--so the question is--why are they doing that?

And what else are they lying about?
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 12-21-2009 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3773846;
    This may be crummy of me to say, but there is no couple in the history of TB that I would less like to see than Ed and Jill. I would rather spend a week at Jason's Place than watch them.
    The reason is that Ed is the Tiger Woods of Bachelor history. And while I don't expect everyone to agree with me, I know that a lot of people feel the same way.
    But it is a consistent fault of TPTB that they don't "feel" what the people like or find repulsive. Because they don't care enough to ask.
    Does it surprise anyone that ABC/Next has no budget to do focus group studies on the show's characters, or market studies on what people thought of Jake vs. Reid vs. someone new, for example?
    It surprises me since every major company in America does these studies before launching a product. But there is too much arrogance here to listen to the viewers.
    And it will be their downfall.
    ITA.

And the common characteristics of all three are ARROGANCE and NARCISSISM!

Hopefully the joke that will be the Jake show will finally put the nail in the coffin for TB.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3773873;
    The issue we have is with TPTB and why they insist on trying to make Jake everything that he is NOT. From the size of the planes he flies to the size of their contestant they've lied about all sorts of things that are really meaningless--so the question is--why are they doing that?

And what else are they lying about?
    Point taken. I was just laughing at the amount of comments regarding his height. You are right though, why would they mislead on something that is so obvious. Question for you... were the elevator shoes in the photo shoot (which then has obvious reasons why the magazine may want Jake taller) or also noticed and the M&G?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dhwirch;3773879;
    Point taken. I was just laughing at the amount of comments regarding his height. You are right though, why would they mislead on something that is so obvious. Question for you... were the elevator shoes in the photo shoot (which then has obvious reasons why the magazine may want Jake taller) or also noticed and the M&G?
    I think the consensus on that is yes. I think SDL's posts have covered that pretty well since he has personal knowledge of what elevator shoes look like by his own admission--re his punking his boss.

Because our fave f6 pics have all had a lot of air time in sneak peeks/adverts is fair to say the hidden edit doesnt apply? Im still with Gia as my F1 but Im starting to think Ashleigh is a really good fit for him with the choices he has? I know shes getting the chemistry edit but I've got my eye on her and I see her as a better fit than Corrie.

(If shes been sleuthed out I apologise, havent read all the pages yet )

I know sleuthing is def. our strong point on this board but is the tree analysis going to work? I've seen broken trees like that all over the place, its so hard to tell.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3738883;
    Another thing that grabbed my attention in that interview -- actually he's said it a couple of times already -- was that he was looking for a woman with a heart of gold, looks aren't that important since 'we will all be ugly someday'. If I were his ultimate choice, I wouldn't be flattered by (half of) that statement.
    I totally agree with what Jake said. When I was in my early 20's I was considered a beautiful youn woman. I modeled some and men would sponsor me in beauty contests...in a fairly small town. Many summers enjoying the sun and getting what I felt then were beautiful suntans now have turned my beautiful skin into a sea of brown sun spots (not freckles) on my face, arms, and legs. The skin on my face is just starting to sag. My hands are misshapen from working hard with them for many years in the garden and canning. I have had several injuries and have pains in my lower back, my right ankle, my hands, my neck and upper right shoulder, and I have chronic bronchitis (not from smoking). Jake is being realistic and any woman should appreciate that he realizes they won't be beauty queens forever on the outside (unless they spend a huge amount of money on cosmetic surgery). They will value that he feels their character and personality are more important than looks, allowing that he would like them to be attractive.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex;3773917;
    Because our fave f6 pics have all had a lot of air time in sneak peeks/adverts is fair to say the hidden edit doesnt apply? Im still with Gia as my F1 but Im starting to think Ashleigh is a really good fit for him with the choices he has? I know shes getting the chemistry edit but I've got my eye on her and I see her as a better fit than Corrie.

(If shes been sleuthed out I apologise, havent read all the pages yet )

I know sleuthing is def. our strong point on this board but is the tree analysis going to work? I've seen broken trees like that all over the place, its so hard to tell.
    I can see differences between those two trees so I'm with you--I don't think the tree thing is very helpful. IMO only.

We are back to it being Ali?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3771491;
    Ya! There's a big difference! Same height as Kip! EDIT - Wait I see the step now, but their height difference is still quite apart. I'll post another pic and see!

And Jake is wearing jeans with holes in them. How tackey is that?