Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

sdl

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3842462;
    Some of your info is not quite correct. Vienna's dad's house does have a paved driveway. They live about 2 miles from Harbour Marina on Lake Monroe. All real estate prices are local as any good realtor would tell you. Concrete block is the preferable building material in Florida. I would hardly think that Jake's house qualifies as a mansion by comparison since it is roughly the same size. Newer maybe, but definitely not a mansion.
    Fair enough. Thanks for the info.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3842465;
    Why does he have to make his choices to make others happy? I have a feeling he doesn't give a rip about what you, or I, or anyone else writing messages on the internet feel about his choice. He may care about family and friends, and I'm sure he will deal with that if necessary. But I am thankful that we don't all have to play on the same field, because that would be pretty boring after awhile.
    I'm not sure you followed the discussion.
    The issue being discussed was that a friend of Jake's referred to Vienna as the "Swamp Thing."
    I said it was no big deal, because my friends have given much worse nicknames to my girlfriends and to their own boyfriends.
    Ironcat said, yes, but Jake doesn't seem like the type who would find any humor in his friends making fun of his girlfriend.
    I said that if that was the case, then Jake needed to get over it.
    Nothing about this suggested that Jake knows or cares what people on the internet say, or that he should tailor his choices to those that are socially acceptable. Not sure where you got that interpretation.
    But by the "same playing field" what I clearly meant was that Jake cannot criticize others (eg Wes) and then jump back and say nobody can criticize the choices he makes.
    I repeat, he needs to grow up and accept responsibility for his actions - this is a path he chose.

If I misunderstood, SDL, then I apologize. But I stand by my assertion that not everyone has the kind of relationship with their friends where they would take kindly to their loved one being referred to so negatively. If I and my friends are ok with it, that's great, but it's not my place to say Jake has to feel the same way, just as it's not my place to tell him how to react. Maybe he and Vienna both laugh about it, who knows, but to me it's an ugly term and it is unfortunate when it seems to denigrate both her family's status and her looks. I know, perhaps I'm being too sensitive on this, but somehow it just doesn't sit very well with me. For others, it's funny, and I understand that. But for me it's not that amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3842422;
    Roz said she saw her picture and the the line "The next Wes?" in red under it. Now I got to thinking about that. The only way that connects is in a storyline.
    How would Roz be like Wes? In the limited time that we saw her, what could we say that compared to what we saw of Wes, so that I could say there was the beginning of a storyline?

Jillian was shown to have figuratively viewed Wes with stars in her eyes. She was awed by everything about Wes.

Everything about Roz from her OK pic description to her limo exit to her fashion show state was described as "stunning". This indicates to me that very possibly Roz's storyline was to be similar to Wes's in that Jake would have been in awe of Roz.

We have found out now that the producers ask the questions they want until they get the answers they want, so if that was what they decided with Roz, then they would have asked Jake questions about Roz until his answers indicated how captivated he was by her physical beauty.
    I don't believe much of what comes out of Roz's mouth but I wonder when she got to see the board? late at night with her producer friend? maybe that was the room that had the widest couch no wonder the staffer got fired... not just for fooling around with Roz, sounds like he crossed some lines with what he told Roz. I guess she wasn't too worried about what she supposedly saw though, 'cause she was at the RC still "playing along"

go Canada go..... keep that gold medal at home!!

eta Team Canada wins gold medal against USA!!!!!!!!!!! gotta love hockey, eh?
    Last edited by northernviewer; 02-28-2010 at 05:56 PM.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3842460;
    Again, from what I understand the person using this term was a "facebook" friend...and the person reporting it to this board was likewise a "facebook" friend. Keeping in mind that our FB friends can very well be someone we worked with or went to school with or even played on a soccer team with 10 years ago, who happened to find us on FB and requested a friendship, I'd be hesitant to believe it was one of his close and personal friends who made this truly awful comment. And if by chance it was, I would be surprise if they are still friends.

So let's see. From what we've figured out, Vienna does not actually live in a swamp. Likewise, she is (from what I've been able to figure out) a person, not a thing. So in fact the "swamp thing" is not exactly a fair description of her UNLESS of course a person is just going for insult. If that is the case, then as an insult it's bang on.

If it were meant in jest, in a good humoured kind of way, and Jake's friends were ok with that kind of kidding around, then great. If I were Jake, and it was indeed an insulting way to refer to the girl he cares about, then I'd be less amused.
    Jake comes across as someone with little sense of humor, trying to control a part of him at least that's what his body language and particularly the way he carries himself tells, IMO.

Remember how when one of guys (was it trackside Robbie) called him on it at the MTA about him trying to be goody two shoes and harping on it the whole time (or something like that) that Jake reacted with a swear word? Maybe there is a trash talking side to Jake, who can kick lanterns, etc.
    Last edited by seeker; 02-28-2010 at 05:58 PM.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3842482;
    If I misunderstood, SDL, then I apologize. But I stand by my assertion that not everyone has the kind of relationship with their friends where they would take kindly to their loved one being referred to so negatively. If I and my friends are ok with it, that's great, but it's not my place to say Jake has to feel the same way, just as it's not my place to tell him how to react. Maybe he and Vienna both laugh about it, who knows, but to me it's an ugly term and it is unfortunate when it seems to denigrate both her family's status and her looks. I know, perhaps I'm being too sensitive on this, but somehow it just doesn't sit very well with me. For others, it's funny, and I understand that. But for me it's not that amusing.
    I completely understand, appreciate the explanation, and agree with you.
    Thanks, Sweetpea

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3842488;
    I don't believe much of what comes out of Roz's mouth but I wonder when she got to see the board? late at night with her producer friend? maybe that was the room that had the widest couch no wonder the staffer got fired... not just for fooling around with Roz, sounds like he crossed some lines with what he told Roz. I guess she wasn't too worried about what she supposedly saw though, 'cause she was at the RC still "playing along"

go Canada go..... keep that gold medal at home!!

eta Team Canada wins gold medal against USA!!!!!!!!!!! gotta love hockey, eh?
    Lots--repeat Lots of women/men involved with the show have seen "this board" during their own seasons. She certainly is not the first, won't be the last.
    I have seen "this board" on a couple seasons as have other posters.
    I can not vouch for what Roz did or did not see or report otherwise.
    As far as Roz and crossing lines with RC--sometimes it depends on who is "crossing lines" and who is "watching".
    I have spoken to several past contestants and heard so many wild stories, the whole topic of Roz is silly.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Rozlyn's storyline revisited ~

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3841011;
    This is from the interview and discusses the storyline ~

Feb 25, 2009

Interview between Rozlyn Papa and Reality Steve

Roz ~ They have a story room in the house. I think that they have several rooms in the house that are blocked off from cast members. And basically it is just a room full of producers and editors that go ..um.. see what's going on in the house. There are cameras everywhere, and they are checking that out, figuring out what girl they want to go where, what they want them to talk about, and... um... what the storyline will be... so....

RS ~ For each girl, like if... I have heard this before, somebody actually a former contestant from past seasons, I think that he was on Meredith's season of the Bachelorette. She was actually Bachelorette number two. He went on a radio show and I actually listened to it online. This guy admitted 'Hey, I walked into a storyboards room one time, and it's every girl's headshot, and this like timeline for for each girl written out on where they went out on their date, which date they're on,' um you know, so basically you are just confirming what that guy has said, that there is stuff written out in advance, uh for each girl.

Roz ~ Yeah, I did not walk into one of those story rooms, but... um... I did see a paper that was my storyline on it.... that had my name at the top and it went over.... It's funny because before I went on the show I talked to one of the female producers, and they asked all these questions and one of them was like you know "What do you dislike about yourself?" And I said something about my skinny legs. And so for some reason on this storyline, on this sheet of paper, it said Rozlyn Papa and you know she's a mom of a seven year old boy, and dislikes her skinny legs in bold letters for some reason. And then it also said ... um... this season's Wes.. question mark. And that was before anything even happened.

RS ~ Wow!

Roz ~ So yeah so that was, I mean was pretty sure that was planned to some degree.

(on to other parts of interview)
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3842444;
    When did we get so sensitive? "Swamp thing" seems like a pretty fair description of Vienna.
    I have dated girls that my friends referred to as "pig eyes," "the one with the butt in front," "the princess of doom," "Lady Godawful," and "Memememe" (her name was Mimi).
    Likewise, I've heard girls refer to their friend's boyfriends as, "your monster," "Sir Fartsalot," "empty pockets," "Retard (short for Richard) and "Frankenloser."
    If she earned it, the name sticks. Otherwise, we have no problem.
    I don't know about everyone else, but for me, it was 2nd grade, when my mom put me on restriction for calling the new kids in our class "Hollywood Boy" and "Gigi." (Long story, and though it sounds benign, it wasn't complimentary.)

You know that I don't think her invitation to join the Junior League has just been misplaced by USPS, but I think it's over-the-top to refer to her this way.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3842478;
    But by the "same playing field" what I clearly meant was that Jake cannot criticize others (eg Wes) and then jump back and say nobody can criticize the choices he makes.
    I totally agree with this. It has been bugging me all season.