Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3842422;
    Roz said she saw her picture and the the line "The next Wes?" in red under it. Now I got to thinking about that. The only way that connects is in a storyline.
    How would Roz be like Wes? In the limited time that we saw her, what could we say that compared to what we saw of Wes, so that I could say there was the beginning of a storyline?

Jillian was shown to have figuratively viewed Wes with stars in her eyes. She was awed by everything about Wes.

Everything about Roz from her OK pic description to her limo exit to her fashion show state was described as "stunning". This indicates to me that very possibly Roz's storyline was to be similar to Wes's in that Jake would have been in awe of Roz.

We have found out now that the producers ask the questions they want until they get the answers they want, so if that was what they decided with Roz, then they would have asked Jake questions about Roz until his answers indicated how captivated he was by her physical beauty.
    I can definitely see the Roz/Wes similarity, even though her appearance on the show was cut short to 2 episodes, so it never really played out. But I recall comments from a few of the women at the photo shoot, implying Roz was overly alluring, aggressive, self-confident and saw her as a threat to be jealous of, and I also got the impression at the M&G that Roz sort of found the behavior of some girls, already "in love" with Jake, to be ridiculous, so she was in essence "not there for the right reasons" and just leading Jake on, much as it was felt about Wes with Jillian.

Had she remained on the show, perhaps this is how her storyline would have developed.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3842310;

On the Edit Thread, 2 or 3 valuable sleuthing things have come up recently of which I think it will behoove us to take note.

Long time sleuthers Blondie and Kasha helped me with the the names and descriptions of psychological tests, and (because of rules it had to be PMs) detailed descriptions of grueling personality testing from a respected contestant which helped us to see exactly how first they find the people with the potential to do what they do on the show, and second how they get them then with manipulation to do it. I knew they had to be using something, but I surely didn't know the tests or the extent that would nail for the show's psychologists exactly what they could expect out of the contestants.

I thought it was chilling.

This is how they knew to place Vienna in her position, and this is how they knew that Tenley was easily manipulated in her position. Both answered questions in a certain way that indicated to the show's psychologists they would be malleable to a certain type storyline.

Bloomers,
    I'm really sorry I missed all the "psycho-analytic" discussion (seems I can never catch up and when I do I'm on the wrong thread!!) I was "subjucted" to one of those tests years ago when my ex and I were forced into mandatory counseling. It is very lengthy and grueling. At the time it was very beneficial for me as I kept telling the psychologist that the ex was a 'socio-path' and finally the believed me!! And yes the same questions are asked in various ways. Those poor gals (and guys!) but I guess that's what they get for wanting their 15 minutes plus of fame!!

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3842419;
    "Swamp Thing" is a hideous way to speak about anyone, but I believe someone here has connected to Jake's friends and that they did, in fact, use that term.

Vienna's home is extremely modest in terms of finances. (And, yes, I do recognize that the dollar value of her home does not necessarily represent her family's means -- it represents their choices. Many very wealthy people prefer to live well below their means, for their own reasons.) But, I don't know that you were referring to her finances when you said "low class." Perhaps you meant her social standing.....but it is rather inelegant to participate in bikini contests and pose without clothing for a local hardware store calendar.
    When did we get so sensitive? "Swamp thing" seems like a pretty fair description of Vienna.
    I have dated girls that my friends referred to as "pig eyes," "the one with the butt in front," "the princess of doom," "Lady Godawful," and "Memememe" (her name was Mimi).
    Likewise, I've heard girls refer to their friend's boyfriends as, "your monster," "Sir Fartsalot," "empty pockets," "Retard (short for Richard) and "Frankenloser."
    If she earned it, the name sticks. Otherwise, we have no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3842444;
    When did we get so sensitive? "Swamp thing" seems like a pretty fair description of Vienna.
    I have dated girls that my friends referred to as "pig eyes," "the one with the butt in front," "the princess of doom," "Lady Godawful," and "Memememe" (her name was Mimi).
    Likewise, I've heard girls refer to their friend's boyfriends as, "your monster," "Sir Fartsalot," "empty pockets," "Retard (short for Richard) and "Frankenloser."
    If she earned it, the name sticks. Otherwise, we have no problem.
    Jake strikes me as far too uptight/humorless to be comfortable with his friends calling his gf/fiance "swamp thing", even if/when she becomes an ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3842309;
    For the record, Sanford, FL is about 25 miles from downtown Orlando and less than an hour from the tourist attractions, and about 5-10 miles from Heathrow and Lake Mary, an upscale, high tech area. I think V's area can hold its own against Denton, TX anyday.
    What??!! Here I was, under the impression that she lived in a shack in the swamp, with no running water and an outdoor toilet, living off of road kill and moonshine...

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3842449;
    Jake strikes me as far too uptight/humorless to be comfortable with his friends calling his gf/fiance "swamp thing", even if/when she becomes an ex.
    Then that is Jake's issue, because the rest of the world wasn't created to make him feel good about bad choices. Maybe he should grow up and play on the same field as the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3842419;
    "Swamp Thing" is a hideous way to speak about anyone, but I believe someone here has connected to Jake's friends and that they did, in fact, use that term.
    Again, from what I understand the person using this term was a "facebook" friend...and the person reporting it to this board was likewise a "facebook" friend. Keeping in mind that our FB friends can very well be someone we worked with or went to school with or even played on a soccer team with 10 years ago, who happened to find us on FB and requested a friendship, I'd be hesitant to believe it was one of his close and personal friends who made this truly awful comment. And if by chance it was, I would be surprise if they are still friends.

So let's see. From what we've figured out, Vienna does not actually live in a swamp. Likewise, she is (from what I've been able to figure out) a person, not a thing. So in fact the "swamp thing" is not exactly a fair description of her UNLESS of course a person is just going for insult. If that is the case, then as an insult it's bang on.

If it were meant in jest, in a good humoured kind of way, and Jake's friends were ok with that kind of kidding around, then great. If I were Jake, and it was indeed an insulting way to refer to the girl he cares about, then I'd be less amused.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 02-28-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3842373;
    The Girardis do not live in a trailer.
    But they don't live anywhere near a beach or river. Their house is not on stilts.
    Some really good sleuthers identified the exact address and we looked at the Appraisal District report and looked at it on Google Earth.
    I'm doing this totally from memory, but Vinnie (and Vienna's) house is a 1500 sf concrete block house with no paved driveway in a very blue collar neighborhood, valued around $115,000. This has been verified, even recently through the police report when her boyfriend showed up and resisted arrest, as their real house.
    But I know what you're talking about - because when I watched the hometown episode I remember thinking that it was filmed somewhere that was not their house....which they have done on many occasions to avoid the shock factor.
    ETA: The county appraisal this year dropped to $108,000.
    Also, I've seen Jake's house, which is in Flower Mound. It is a 2 story red brick tract house, I think valued around $200,000. But if you compare the neighborhoods and the houses, Jake lives in a mansion by comparison.
    Some of your info is not quite correct. Vienna's dad's house does have a paved driveway. They live about 2 miles from Harbour Marina on Lake Monroe. All real estate prices are local as any good realtor would tell you. Concrete block is the preferable building material in Florida. I would hardly think that Jake's house qualifies as a mansion by comparison since it is roughly the same size. Newer maybe, but definitely not a mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3842456;
    What??!! Here I was, under the impression that she lived in a shack in the swamp, with no running water and an outdoor toilet, living off of road kill and moonshine...

Far from it!

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3842457;
    Then that is Jake's issue, because the rest of the world wasn't created to make him feel good about bad choices. Maybe he should grow up and play on the same field as the rest of us.
    Why does he have to make his choices to make others happy? I have a feeling he doesn't give a rip about what you, or I, or anyone else writing messages on the internet feel about his choice. He may care about family and friends, and I'm sure he will deal with that if necessary. But I am thankful that we don't all have to play on the same field, because that would be pretty boring after awhile.