Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3841891;
    I think when you ask a legitimate question about the show and its participants, that is sleuthing. So here are my questions:
    1. Did CH hit on the producer's wife in New Zealand?
    2. Why can't they hide the knots in Vienna's hair extensions?
    3. Is Jake gay?
    4. Was Tenley really a professional dancer, because what I saw..
    5. Who has the bigger tattoo, Vienna or Gia?
    6. When did Ali know she had the B'ette wrapped up and her job suddenly wasn't such a big deal?
    7. What's the most interesting thing Jake has ever said?
    8. When was the last time Vienna had whipped cream served off of someone's chest?
    9. If Jake and Vienna don't work out, who is going to break his legs - Vinnie or that guy from Queens (Gia's brother?)
    10. Who on this show has had the most plastic surgery?
    11. Will Jake ever ride a motorcycle again after this show is over?
    12. Does CH buy his shoes through Jake, or get them off the internet, eliminating the middle man?
    As to #6 - IMO, she knew she was in the running before filming started, was told she was the frontrunner (for the Bachelorette, that is) after the San Francisco date, and was offered after her hometown date. I think that is the tough decision she had to make - whether to stay with Jake or to go with her job (as the Bachelorette, that is).

FORT Fogey

I have been trying to catch up and now can't remember where I saw the primary discussion about Tenley, the constant harping on the ex, and the fact that she is going to more or less shoot herself in the foot with the ex again when she talks with Jake's Mom at the Parents' Meet.

On the Edit Thread, 2 or 3 valuable sleuthing things have come up recently of which I think it will behoove us to take note. Before I start, I want to thank every single poster who brings to the table all of the marvelous contributions that help us sleuth and figure out the answers - from screencaps, facebook notes, locations to thoughts that help someone deduce a final answer! It takes all of us!

Long time sleuthers Blondie and Kasha helped me with the the names and descriptions of psychological tests, and (because of rules it had to be PMs) detailed descriptions of grueling personality testing from a respected contestant which helped us to see exactly how first they find the people with the potential to do what they do on the show, and second how they get them then with manipulation to do it. I knew they had to be using something, but I surely didn't know the tests or the extent that would nail for the show's psychologists exactly what they could expect out of the contestants.

I thought it was chilling.

This is how they knew to place Vienna in her position, and this is how they knew that Tenley was easily manipulated in her position. Both answered questions in a certain way that indicated to the show's psychologists they would be malleable to a certain type storyline.

Next point....BlondieGal found and brought forth Brad from Meredith's season's interview where he clearly indicates that the contestants had storylines. The producers continuously asked them questions until they got whatever answer they wanted.
    Now remember that the contenders don't see the edited version until we do, so they may not know their storyline either because they don't know which answer to which question is going into the edit!

Tenley's storyline is the whole ex cheated on her and she is newly divorced. That is her storyline whether she wanted it or not. They continually asked her questions until she answered the question the way they wanted it answered. That is what will eventually go into her edit - an edit she may not have even wanted!!

Remember also, that the producers are constantly telling them what to talk about. So, we can imagine that Tenley had a producer telling her to talk about her ex and divorce to Jake's Mom.
    Again, that is her storyline as decided by the producers and editors who control what is put into the edit.

On her own, would Tenley have felt like she had to tell everybody the first thing about her divorce? Maybe or maybe not! But, on this show she is going to do it because that is her storyline, and they are going to tell her to talk about it all the time.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3842315;
    I agree. Don't believe what you see on the TV regarding the area where Vienna lives.
    I have no clue exactly where this is. However, on the very brief picture of her father's home, I in no way for one minute thought it was a trailer. Unless I am totally confused, it looked like a large home, built up off the ground but on prime river front property. I have seen those type homes here in Texas and it is like having a beach home up on stilts. I agree that some beach homes are not the best in the world, but there are some here in Texas that way exceed the million dollar figure. The house I saw where V lives was a large white home up on piers or pillings, with a wrap around porch on it, at least on two sides. These homes are not cheap in my opinion, and no way translate to trailers. I also realize that the term trailer trash does not mean that someone necessarily lives in a trailer per se. What I guess I'm trying to say is that V lives with her father and step mother in a nice middle class home on river front property. Nothing wrong with that.

sdl
    Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3842358;
    I have no clue exactly where this is. However, on the very brief picture of her father's home, I in no way for one minute thought it was a trailer. Unless I am totally confused, it looked like a large home, built up off the ground but on prime river front property. I have seen those type homes here in Texas and it is like having a beach home up on stilts. I agree that some beach homes are not the best in the world, but there are some here in Texas that way exceed the million dollar figure. The house I saw where V lives was a large white home up on piers or pillings, with a wrap around porch on it, at least on two sides. These homes are not cheap in my opinion, and no way translate to trailers. I also realize that the term trailer trash does not mean that someone necessarily lives in a trailer per se. What I guess I'm trying to say is that V lives with her father and step mother in a nice middle class home on river front property. Nothing wrong with that.
    The Girardis do not live in a trailer.
    But they don't live anywhere near a beach or river. Their house is not on stilts.
    Some really good sleuthers identified the exact address and we looked at the Appraisal District report and looked at it on Google Earth.
    I'm doing this totally from memory, but Vinnie (and Vienna's) house is a 1500 sf concrete block house with no paved driveway in a very blue collar neighborhood, valued around $115,000. This has been verified, even recently through the police report when her boyfriend showed up and resisted arrest, as their real house.
    But I know what you're talking about - because when I watched the hometown episode I remember thinking that it was filmed somewhere that was not their house....which they have done on many occasions to avoid the shock factor.
    ETA: The county appraisal this year dropped to $108,000.
    Also, I've seen Jake's house, which is in Flower Mound. It is a 2 story red brick tract house, I think valued around $200,000. But if you compare the neighborhoods and the houses, Jake lives in a mansion by comparison.
    Last edited by sdl; 02-28-2010 at 03:03 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3842373;
    The Girardis do not live in a trailer.
    But they don't live anywhere near a beach or river. Their house is not on stilts.
    Some really good sleuthers identified the exact address and we looked at the Appraisal District report and looked at it on Google Earth.
    I'm doing this totally from memory, but Vinnie (and Vienna's) house is a 1500 sf concrete block house with no paved driveway in a very blue collar neighborhood, valued around $115,000. This has been verified, even recently through the police report when her boyfriend showed up and resisted arrest, as their real house.
    But I know what you're talking about - because when I watched the hometown episode I remember thinking that it was filmed somewhere that was not their house....which they have done on many occasions to avoid the shock factor.
    ETA: The county appraisal this year dropped to $108,000.
    Thanks sdl - glad you clarified that for me. I'm also glad you saw what I thought i saw - not their home, home. If you get what I mean. I'm going to go back and watch her home town date again. I just remember them being on that platoon type boat on the river, then all of a sudden they switched to Jake and V going up to what looked like a white house on piers, etc. and meeting dad and step-mom and other family. I must go back and watch that part only, so I can see where I went wrong on my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3842310;
    I have been trying to catch up and now can't remember where I saw the primary discussion about Tenley, the constant harping on the ex, and the fact that she is going to more or less shoot herself in the foot with the ex again when she talks with Jake's Mom at the Parents' Meet.

On the Edit Thread, 2 or 3 valuable sleuthing things have come up recently of which I think it will behoove us to take note. Before I start, I want to thank every single poster who brings to the table all of the marvelous contributions that help us sleuth and figure out the answers - from screencaps, facebook notes, locations to thoughts that help someone deduce a final answer! It takes all of us!

Long time sleuthers Blondie and Kasha helped me with the the names and descriptions of psychological tests, and (because of rules it had to be PMs) detailed descriptions of grueling personality testing from a respected contestant which helped us to see exactly how first they find the people with the potential to do what they do on the show, and second how they get them then with manipulation to do it. I knew they had to be using something, but I surely didn't know the tests or the extent that would nail for the show's psychologists exactly what they could expect out of the contestants.

I thought it was chilling.

This is how they knew to place Vienna in her position, and this is how they knew that Tenley was easily manipulated in her position. Both answered questions in a certain way that indicated to the show's psychologists they would be malleable to a certain type storyline.

Next point....BlondieGal found and brought forth Brad from Meredith's season's interview where he clearly indicates that the contestants had storylines. The producers continuously asked them questions until they got whatever answer they wanted.
    Now remember that the contenders don't see the edited version until we do, so they may not know their storyline either because they don't know which answer to which question is going into the edit!

Tenley's storyline is the whole ex cheated on her and she is newly divorced. That is her storyline whether she wanted it or not. They continually asked her questions until she answered the question the way they wanted it answered. That is what will eventually go into her edit - an edit she may not have even wanted!!

Remember also, that the producers are constantly telling them what to talk about. So, we can imagine that Tenley had a producer telling her to talk about her ex and divorce to Jake's Mom.
    Again, that is her storyline as decided by the producers and editors who control what is put into the edit.

On her own, would Tenley have felt like she had to tell everybody the first thing about her divorce? Maybe or maybe not! But, on this show she is going to do it because that is her storyline, and they are going to tell her to talk about it all the time.
    that's not what I got from what Brad said. He said there was a board with their pictures up on it with notations underneath about incidents that happened. I'd imagine that was to help with editing... nowhere did I get that they had a storyline, where they had to act in a certain way or read lines. Were they manipulated into giving certain answers that tptb wanted? yes they were but that's a lot different than having to read lines or playing a role, like actors do.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3842409;
    that's not what I got from what Brad said. He said there was a board with their pictures up on it with notations underneath about incidents that happened. I'd imagine that was to help with editing... nowhere did I get that they had a storyline, where they had to act in a certain way or read lines. Were they manipulated into giving certain answers that tptb wanted? yes they were but that's a lot different than having to read lines or playing a role, like actors do.
    Roz said she saw her picture and the the line "The next Wes?" in red under it. Now I got to thinking about that. The only way that connects is in a storyline.
    How would Roz be like Wes? In the limited time that we saw her, what could we say that compared to what we saw of Wes, so that I could say there was the beginning of a storyline?

Jillian was shown to have figuratively viewed Wes with stars in her eyes. She was awed by everything about Wes.

Everything about Roz from her OK pic description to her limo exit to her fashion show state was described as "stunning". This indicates to me that very possibly Roz's storyline was to be similar to Wes's in that Jake would have been in awe of Roz.

We have found out now that the producers ask the questions they want until they get the answers they want, so if that was what they decided with Roz, then they would have asked Jake questions about Roz until his answers indicated how captivated he was by her physical beauty.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3842381;
    Thanks sdl - glad you clarified that for me. I'm also glad you saw what I thought i saw - not their home, home. If you get what I mean. I'm going to go back and watch her home town date again. I just remember them being on that platoon type boat on the river, then all of a sudden they switched to Jake and V going up to what looked like a white house on piers, etc. and meeting dad and step-mom and other family. I must go back and watch that part only, so I can see where I went wrong on my post.
    Vienna did take Jake to the modest brick home that has been posted about previously. The same home that was discussed some time ago is very visible in her hometown date.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3842409;
    I'm not sure what Brad said, but there are some things that have been reported in so many ways that they must be accepted as fact:
    They do story board the season in advance. Based on the interviews and questionaires, they "cast" the characters in roles.
    The do give detailed psychological exams - asking things like, "What is the most terrible thing that has ever happened to you?" then they use the answers to get them to reveal shocking revelations on screen.
    They do write out cue cards for people to read. One girl got tossed off this season because she wouldn't say that she wanted to marry Jake before she ever met him.
    I agree with you that the characters are never told what character they are going to be playing, but the writers know, the producers drag them along, and the editors put it all together.
    I think this has loosely been the model all along, because you can't shoot any production without a plan, but it has gotten worse in recent years as they strive for more "moments" that will draw in viewers who don't care about seeing 2 average people talk about their dull lives.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3842419.....but it is rather [B
    inelegant[/B] to participate in bikini contests and pose without clothing for a local hardware store calendar.
    Fan, I believe your post sums up my reaction to Vienna (from her first apperance at the M&G and every episode thereafter) more perfectly than anything I have read before.

It's an elegant way to articulate her demeanor (both in terms of appearance and personality).