Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3841913;
    Either the spoiler portion of this board is completely spoiler or it's not a spoiler board. RS isn't the only spoiler, many seasons have come with posters who have sources and information that you can take to the bank. More seasons have been spoiled by these people than RS has spoiled. And then who gets to decide who's information is worthy of an actual spoiler and who's isn't - it's a line that's drawn in the sand and are the moderators willing to be the guardiana? they already have their hands full with keeping threads on topic (although it would be nice to have our Thoughts thread where we can toss ideas back and forth without fear of deletion - as long as we're talking about the Bachelor)
    And at least one season came with sleuthers who pretty much sorted the whole thing out early on in a single screencap.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3841763;
    I think the clash with Vienna among the girls (and the public) was a culture clash. She is lowerclass; most of the girls are middleclass. What middleclass girls do for fun is different.

If all the women today behaved like many girls in the 1960s, none of them would be fit to be tied at the altar/town hall.

I doubt Pavelka did The Bach to revive his acting career. He's been described by women online as being "wooden." He doesn't show a range of emotions and certainly no nuance. The point is this season is no demo reel. It's more likely he did it for the money (or actually to get a wife). His personality isn't big enough, furthermore, to make up for a lack in acting skills.

Jake by his own admission had little experience with women and relationships when he was younger. How many relationships has he had since then? (We were always talking about Tenley's past relationship or Vienna's but not his.) Probably not very many and that's why he's gravitated towards Vienna. However, the fact that she was his last choice at a few consecutive FRCs leaves plenty of room for doubt.

The rags have been trying to break up couples since forever. Brad and Angelina since they got together. They broke up Jessica and Nick. They win some; they lose some.

What are Jake and Vienna going to talk about over dinner after the dust settles? I really don't know what they have in common. Jake's personality isn't big enough to keep a young woman like Vienna interested for long. I don't know what would hold them together long term.

A little more conversation about mutual interests would be a fine addition to this program.

I would also like to see every week contests (with awards) that test their skills that relate to marriage, parenting, etc. There's two hours every time... put some Dating Game flavor into it to make it more fun. Seriously, it's getting pretty stale.
    If all the women today behaved like many girls in the 1960s, none of them would be fit to be tied at the altar/town hall.

Charm, I'm a '60's gal and I'm not grasping your meaning here. Care to elaborate? Too, I'm curious re your lower class/middle class statement. I thought Ali's home and it's furnishings were more, for want of a better word, downscale than the others. How did you determine Vienna is lower class and the others are middle class?
    And last, I've been wanting to ask - your avatar is Rita, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3841962;
    And at least one season came with sleuthers who pretty much sorted the whole thing out early on in a single screencap.

Melissa and Jason I assume?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

sdl

Anders332,
    Your responses were better than the questions.
    But here's the visual I have as to why this won't work.
    Vienna goes to Denton, Texas which is Beverly Hills compared to where she is from. She might even bring a few cousins because Jake has a couple of spare bedrooms.
    So she dumps her Glad bags of clothing, pink shoes, and general clutter all over his immaculate bedroom, and says "Let's do some shots!"
    Jake demurs because he has to fly the next day, so she and the cousins go in search of the nearest Hooters. She comes home at 3am covered in whipped cream and sleeps in her clothes, snoring loudly.
    Jake leaves town for the day and returns to find that someone has driven over the azaleas he carefully planted in the front yard, somebody blew up his microwave by putting an unopened metal can in it to heat it up, somehow the number of "cousins" has doubled, and every towel in the house is laying soaking wet on the floor. People have played "dodge ball" in his living room, some girls are locked in the bathroom and refuse to come out, and they've iced down malt liquor in his bathtub. His grandmother's prized candy dish has become an ashtray for 3 dozen punked Marlboro Reds, and a huge hairy guy named Junior is asleep in his bed.
    Vienna got bored and went back over to Hooters, and isn't answering her phone.
    At this point, Jake does the first genuine Mesnick in Bachelor history, and then calls CH - but he hears the ring coming from his upstairs bedroom, since that's where CH has been living since his wife tossed him out.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3842004;
    Anders332,
    Your responses were better than the questions.
    But here's the visual I have as to why this won't work.
    Vienna goes to Denton, Texas which is Beverly Hills compared to where she is from. She might even bring a few cousins because Jake has a couple of spare bedrooms.
    So she dumps her Glad bags of clothing, pink shoes, and general clutter all over his immaculate bedroom, and says "Let's do some shots!"
    Jake demurs because he has to fly the next day, so she and the cousins go in search of the nearest Hooters. She comes home at 3am covered in whipped cream and sleeps in her clothes, snoring loudly.
    Jake leaves town for the day and returns to find that someone has driven over the azaleas he carefully planted in the front yard, somebody blew up his microwave by putting an unopened metal can in it to heat it up, somehow the number of "cousins" has doubled, and every towel in the house is laying soaking wet on the floor. People have played "dodge ball" in his living room, some girls are locked in the bathroom and refuse to come out, and they've iced down malt liquor in his bathtub. His grandmother's prized candy dish has become an ashtray for 3 dozen punked Marlboro Reds, and a huge hairy guy named Junior is asleep in his bed.
    Vienna got bored and went back over to Hooters, and isn't answering her phone.
    At this point, Jake does the first genuine Mesnick in Bachelor history, and then calls CH - but he hears the ring coming from his upstairs bedroom, since that's where CH has been living since his wife tossed him out.
    The only thing you missed was having one of the cousins throwing darts at Mommas art hanging on the wall!!!!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;3841985;

Charm, I'm a '60's gal and I'm not grasping your meaning here. Care to elaborate? Too, I'm curious re your lower class/middle class statement. I thought Ali's home and it's furnishings were more, for want of a better word, downscale than the others. How did you determine Vienna is lower class and the others are middle class?
    And last, I've been wanting to ask - your avatar is Rita, correct?
    Not every girl in the 60s should have been tied to altar/town hall. I don't even know what that means. But it doesn't sound good...LOL

sounds like sdl has a lot of experience with Vienna type girls.....
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3842002;
    Melissa and Jason I assume?
    Yes....so it's possible for the season to be spoiled very early, even without Steve. I know people are disappointed that he spoiled it before they could sleuth it, but I think the bigger disappointment was that it was so early. The sleuthers were this close --> <-- anyway, this season.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

yup and even without any spoilers from Jill's season the evidence pointed to Ed and Kyp as F2 and Reid out at F3 - and the edit told us it wasn't going to be Perfect Kypton - poor guy was never a contender.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3842013;
    sounds like sdl has a lot of experience with Vienna type girls.....
    now that made me spew AND I love you sdl