Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by ddangelic;3841689;
    Apologize if this has already been posted. CH says Jake is very much in love and still with the person he chose.

The Bachelor’s Chris Harrison: Jake Is ‘Very Much In Love’ - PEOPLE TV Watch
    Chris says that every season....

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3841745;
    Did he for Brad or PLo's?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3841747;
    If my memory serves me right, he did not say that for BraD -- have no idea about Plo because I did not watch that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3841745;
    Yeah, he says that for each time the Bachelor/Bachelorette picks someone. Would he ever say it's boring?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3841754;
    Yeah, he says that for each time the Bachelor/Bachelorette picks someone. Would he ever say it's boring?
    But Brad picked no one - so I would have to say that if CH said that about Brad, he would have definiely not told the truth. I believe CH said something to the effect that Brad was happy with his decision, and let everyone make their own mind up as to the ending.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3841756;
    But Brad picked no one - so I would have to say that if CH said that about Brad, he would have definiely not told the truth. I believe CH said something to the effect that Brad was happy with his decision, and let everyone make their own mind up as to the ending.
    What I remember about Brad's season is that every episode CH said "Who will be Mrs. Brad Womack?". At then at the end he made the 'happy with his decision' statement. And Brad made the 'so happy I want to shout from the rooftops' statement.

I think the clash with Vienna among the girls (and the public) was a culture clash. She is lowerclass; most of the girls are middleclass. What middleclass girls do for fun is different.

If all the women today behaved like many girls in the 1960s, none of them would be fit to be tied at the altar/town hall.

I doubt Pavelka did The Bach to revive his acting career. He's been described by women online as being "wooden." He doesn't show a range of emotions and certainly no nuance. The point is this season is no demo reel. It's more likely he did it for the money (or actually to get a wife). His personality isn't big enough, furthermore, to make up for a lack in acting skills.

Jake by his own admission had little experience with women and relationships when he was younger. How many relationships has he had since then? (We were always talking about Tenley's past relationship or Vienna's but not his.) Probably not very many and that's why he's gravitated towards Vienna. However, the fact that she was his last choice at a few consecutive FRCs leaves plenty of room for doubt.

The rags have been trying to break up couples since forever. Brad and Angelina since they got together. They broke up Jessica and Nick. They win some; they lose some.

What are Jake and Vienna going to talk about over dinner after the dust settles? I really don't know what they have in common. Jake's personality isn't big enough to keep a young woman like Vienna interested for long. I don't know what would hold them together long term.

A little more conversation about mutual interests would be a fine addition to this program.

I would also like to see every week contests (with awards) that test their skills that relate to marriage, parenting, etc. There's two hours every time... put some Dating Game flavor into it to make it more fun. Seriously, it's getting pretty stale.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3841747;
    I should have said EVERY season I watched....

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3841744;
    Count me in as one of the few -- Truthfully, I give it more of a chance than other relationships to last. My reasoning is because of what they have had to deal with while in seclusion and in secret. TOGETHER -- Hopefully it brought them closer together, a better understanding between them as to what they want out of life, and a determination that if they are in love, to make it work between them. I for one, love the spunk and zest for life and fun that Vienna appears to have. I am of the mind set to live each day to the fullest because none of us are guaranteed tomorrow.
    I do agree with you, look at Jason and Molly and Jill and Ed. They also had to deal with the venom that came with their choices and they're certainly the stronger for it. Maybe the fans are doing them a favor by not liking their choices.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3841767;
    I should have said EVERY season I watched....
    Yes, that word "every" does make a difference. Puts a whole new light on the statement. I agree with someone up thread who said that CH talked about who was going to be "Mrs. Brad Womack?" Then CH went to the spill of Brad being happy with his decision. Of course Brad wanted to shout it from the roof tops that he dodged the bullet and picked no one. Once we saw DeAnna's season, we understood why.