Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3841671;
    I want to preface my response, Bloomers, by saying I'm not anti-Vienna (nor am I pro-Vienna or any other B'ette this season).

The "persecution" in the tabloids, however, seems to have come after he chose Vienna as his F1. Unless Jake feels he persecuted Wes, I don't see the women's reaction to Vienna rising to that level while he was still filming.

You could be right, though, about it making their bond stronger post-airing of the first episode.
    I don't think all of Vienna's bad press and all the stuff that he's finding out about her since watching the show and hearing about her past (even if only a fraction of what they say is true) is going to make him love her all the more or "have her back". I personally don't think that Jake wants his reputation tarnished (or the rep that he thinks he has anyway ) by being associated with her. I think he'll distance himself and be a "victim" of not knowing the real her. Vienna isn't Jake's "kind of people", not for the long haul anyway.. but she'll do for some fun along the way as his default F1.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3841668;
    While the girls most likely do get caught up in "The Win"... the whole idea of engagement is supposed to be a two way street. She should be choosing the Bachelor just as much as he is choosing the 'ette. So... now this is somewhat convoluted, but stick with me ... If Jake had ended up with Ali, or chosen Tenley as his F1 (or any number of the great girls that were on the show) I would be smacking my head wondering how could she choose to be with him??? She is way too good for him. The good thing about this season is that I am not smacking myself. I think Jake and Vienna are both floating at the same level.
    I think where we go off track is when we start to believe that the main characters are as desirable as portrayed, with 25 people begging for their attention, screaming at them like rock stars, and wanting to get married at the Meet and Greet, when in real life they are just people.
    Jason and Molly I can actually see, although it was rocky at the start. Average guy, average girl. Boring life ahead.
    Jillian and Ed are both a little off - I don't get it because I don't travel in that galaxy, have that level of forgiveness, or drink that much, but they both have a quirky sense of humor and seem good together for now.
    Jake and Vienna? Wow, at first it seemed like Beauty and the Beast - but the more we learn about Jake it sounds more like Beast meets Beast. So another happy ending, I guess.

FORT Newbie

Apologize if this has already been posted. CH says Jake is very much in love and still with the person he chose.

The Bachelor’s Chris Harrison: Jake Is ‘Very Much In Love’ - PEOPLE TV Watch

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3841687;
    I think where we go off track is when we start to believe that the main characters are as desirable as portrayed, with 25 people begging for their attention, screaming at them like rock stars, and wanting to get married at the Meet and Greet, when in real life they are just people.
    Jason and Molly I can actually see, although it was rocky at the start. Average guy, average girl. Boring life ahead.
    Jillian and Ed are both a little off - I don't get it because I don't travel in that galaxy, have that level of forgiveness, or drink that much, but they both have a quirky sense of humor and seem good together for now.
    Jake and Vienna? Wow, at first it seemed like Beauty and the Beast - but the more we learn about Jake it sounds more like Beast meets Beast. So another happy ending, I guess.
    I've said pretty much the same thing before too. That where we go wrong in trying to pick the most suitable for the lead is by believing how they are being billed. Matt was billed as the guy who wanted to marry and have children cause his dad was sick or old?? anyway, we immediately thought "Amanda", she would be perfect. Truth was Matt was looking for a ticket to stardom and Shayne and her connections were perfect for him. There are many other examples but that one just stands out the most.

I think part of Jake really wants what he says, hence his interest in Ali, but when he couldn't have that, I think there's a raunchy side of Jake that went for Vienna as Tenley and Gia were going to be more complicated than he wanted anymore. Jake will be back on the "market" looking for some sweet young thing to help console him for his experience on the show
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

It's not only us, the viewers, who go off track. The 25 constestants are in essence "brainwashed" to think the same thing, and often, once the experience is over, many of them must smack themselves on the forehead and say, "What was I thinking?" It's even worse when the "winner" goes through the same awakening in the aftermath of filming.

I think Jake's mother is going to say in answer to her own question "Is this the girl that everyone hated?" something along the lines that she doesn't understand why they would feel that way.

I've learned from the past two seasons to not pick a favorite because it's not my choice. I refuse to play that game anymore. Probably more of the couples would have lasted if they hadn't gone the "safe pick" route.

I've been saying for awhile now that Vienna hasn't been seen much in the local area, so Jake's picking her doesn't surprise me in the least. I may be one of the few who is excited about Monday's night's show. I give this relationship the same chance at lasting as any other relationship started between two people.

FORT Fogey

I agree and i have said as much before. Fleiss gets us invested in the contenders. We have our favorites or he tells a story for each of them and we believe what we see on the TV. In the mean time we forgot about the main character. We want to fit our 'ideal contender' with the main character. They focus so much on the contenders we don't really know the main person all that well, or they just present them in a totally different light than they really are. So who knows.. I have to remind myself sometimes to look at the reverse, if the contenders were doing the pursuing instead would they be going after the main character outside of this show?

It is much less stressful for me to look at it objectively. I try but it usually doesn't work.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3841727;
    I think Jake's mother is going to say in answer to her own question "Is this the girl that everyone hated?" something along the lines that she doesn't understand why they would feel that way.

I've learned from the past two seasons to not pick a favorite because it's not my choice. I refuse to play that game anymore. Probably more of the couples would have lasted if they hadn't gone the "safe pick" route.

I've been saying for awhile now that Vienna hasn't been seen much in the local area, so Jake's picking her doesn't surprise me in the least. I may be one of the few who is excited about Monday's night's show. I give this relationship the same chance at lasting as any other relationship started between two people.
    I am looking forward to Monday's night show too..but it will be sad for Tenley, she is so beautiful...

with all the bad publicity out there, she might be glad not to be in the spot light.

FORT Fogey

I love this post.

You have described exactly how I feel about the last three couples produced from this show. The 'connection' made by each of these couples was based on qualities that are imo on the non-desirable side of their personalities. So the end result, for me, is an attitude of 'well, they deserve each other'.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3841727;

Count me in as one of the few -- Truthfully, I give it more of a chance than other relationships to last. My reasoning is because of what they have had to deal with while in seclusion and in secret. TOGETHER -- Hopefully it brought them closer together, a better understanding between them as to what they want out of life, and a determination that if they are in love, to make it work between them. I for one, love the spunk and zest for life and fun that Vienna appears to have. I am of the mind set to live each day to the fullest because none of us are guaranteed tomorrow.