Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

sdl

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3841587;
    This reminds me of the fine mathematician who so brilliantly applied his trade by adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing by hand... his worksheet was filled with theories and algorithms. Along came the calculator and computer and kids today think pie is something to eat. It is sad to think that the days of candle height and shadows are in the past... It is a science.
    I sense a lot of depression at the death of sleuthing, due to this new technology known as RS. I don't think it's dead - it's just on vacation because Steve got a tip this season, very early, and told the whole story before story time had even begun. But even he has admitted that it came out of nowhere, unsolicited by him, and he had next to nothing last season....and probably the next.
    By the way, I also do math long hand because I don't want to forget how, and I don't destroy the English language by abbreviating everything in text messages. Pi represents he ratio of the circumference of a circle to it's diameter (something like 3.14 to 1) and I don't know why it has it's own glorified name because it's just a simple measurement.
    And I believe FORT will be back because I have faith in the collective genius of this group.

I'm tempted to try to watch the next Bachelorette sans spoiling but it would be hard unless I stay off a lot of sites that I like to go on. I did manage to watch Jason's season early on without reading spoilers and figured out the f3 by myself. I would have heard RS's info even if I avoided the internet because someone at work told me what he said so hopefully he doesn't get any info.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3841614;
    I sense a lot of depression at the death of sleuthing, due to this new technology known as RS. I don't think it's dead - it's just on vacation because Steve got a tip this season, very early, and told the whole story before story time had even begun. But even he has admitted that it came out of nowhere, unsolicited by him, and he had next to nothing last season....and probably the next.
    By the way, I also do math long hand because I don't want to forget how, and I don't destroy the English language by abbreviating everything in text messages. Pi represents he ratio of the circumference of a circle to it's diameter (something like 3.14 to 1) and I don't know why it has it's own glorified name because it's just a simple measurement.
    And I believe FORT will be back because I have faith in the collective genius of this group.
    From a fellow Houstonian and in your field of work, I believe you are totally correct with this statement. I not only do math by hand as well, but I'm a person who still has Gregg shorthand skills in the 100-120 plus range. Here is to a new season without RS knowing a darn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3841621;
    I'm tempted to try to watch the next Bachelorette sans spoiling but it would be hard unless I stay off a lot of sites that I like to go on. I did manage to watch Jason's season early on without reading spoilers and figured out the f3 by myself. I would have heard RS's info even if I avoided the internet because someone at work told me what he said so hopefully he doesn't get any info.
    For Jillian's season I stayed away from the boards until after the M&G aired and this season I stayed away for the first 2 episoides because I wanted to see what my unspoiled first impressions are of the girls first, before finding out how they finished. Ali was my favorite, and Vienna I assumed was the "joke" contestant, like Princess Erica was.... imagine my surprise when I came here and found out she was F1
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3841627;
    For Jillian's season I stayed away from the boards until after the M&G aired and this season I stayed away for the first 2 episoides because I wanted to see what my unspoiled first impressions are of the girls first, before finding out how they finished. Ali was my favorite, and Vienna I assumed was the "joke" contestant, like Princess Erica was.... imagine my surprise when I came here and found out she was F1
    I think she was going to be the drama person who goes out f6 or so but surprise surprise - he kept giving her a rose. I still think he wanted Ali but she hurt his feelings/pride and he kept the one he at least had fun with.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3841629;
    I think she was going to be the drama person who goes out f6 or so but surprise surprise - he kept giving her a rose. I still think he wanted Ali but she hurt his feelings/pride and he kept the one he at least had fun with.
    I concur
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3841627;
    I can't help but wonder if the production team was just as surprised.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3841644;
    I can't help but wonder if the production team was just as surprised.
    So maybe through all this surprise and despite MF & his shenenigans, there really are true feelings involved.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3841647;
    So maybe through all this surprise and despite MF & his shenenigans, there really are true feelings involved.
    Geesh, I sure hope so, nutty. I honestly don't care who he ends up, but I was surprised to see the feelings develop for Vienna. They're obviously there, though. (Just like last B'ette, I didn't like Ed but couldn't deny the attraction.)

What I find ironic is that the "trashy" MO of Fleiss's last few seasons seems to be cranking out the longer lasting relationships. Go figure!
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3841648;
    Geesh, I sure hope so, nutty. I honestly don't care who he ends up, but I was surprised to see the feelings develop for Vienna. They're obviously there, though. (Just like last B'ette, I didn't like Ed but couldn't deny the attraction.)

What I find ironic is that the "trashy" MO of Fleiss's last few seasons seems to be cranking out the longer lasting relationships. Go figure!
    I'll never figure it out. By the way, I LOVE your avi!!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.