Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3841360;
    That's putting a lot of pressure on the mods to clear out/clean up all the posts that drift away from the original thread intent. You know good and well that things will be posted in a RS spoiler free thread. I agree with the concept of it, but I'm not sure how that could ever happen on this forum. The 'SC only no discussion' thread works, but there were many posts on there during Jason's season not sc only related. The mods had to delete them.
    Very true. And as much as I like the idea, I will nullify it anyway as I know I would check out the other thread to see what RS says. So it really wouldn't matter much to me anyway.

I just wish we had more FRC SCs to slueth.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3841359;
    Are ya'll saying that ya'll won't even sneak a peek at who RS says is the F1? I would HAVE to peek!!!
    That's what I'm saying, I'm speaking for myself. I might have gone into RS' thread once, first page, but that's about it. I don't want to know! I want to pretend I'm a detective and find the evidence!

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3841359;
    Are ya'll saying that ya'll won't even sneak a peek at who RS says is the F1? I would HAVE to peek!!!
    Me to! I am one of those people who read the last page of a book first! I would be the first one peeking!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3841378;
    That's what I'm saying, I'm speaking for myself. I might have gone into RS' thread once, first page, but that's about it. I don't want to know! I want to pretend I'm a detective and find the evidence!
    I see what you're saying GA! I love when we sleuth and find out things on our own like we have in all of the other seasons too. I do think that having RS tell us the F1 early this season has helped us out in understanding the edits a little better though.

I can remember in all other seasons begging people to share what they know because I couldn't wait to find out who the winner was!

Hopefully next season RS won't spill the F1 so early that way we'll have enough time to figure it all out on our own first!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fogey

I appreciate the argument for a RS-free sleuther section on the board, but to do that would be asking the mods to perform a Herculean task on a daily basis, trying to keep RS info out of the regular sleuthing. I don't think it could be done. I sure wouldn't want to do it. Think of how often conversation bleeds from one thread to next as it is now. I think the two sides we now have (spoiler vs. non-spoiler) are working pretty well. I wouldn't want to mess with it. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3841413;
    I appreciate the argument for a RS-free sleuther section on the board, but to do that would be asking the mods to perform a Herculean task on a daily basis, trying to keep RS info out of the regular sleuthing. I don't think it could be done. I sure wouldn't want to do it. Think of how often conversation bleeds from one thread to next as it is now. I think the two sides we now have (spoiler vs. non-spoiler) are working pretty well. I wouldn't want to mess with it. JMHO
    I agree, and two minds think alike!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3841413;
    I agree, Alexxxx. Plus, almost every site with previews, recaps, etc. will reference any spoilers put out by RS. Those are visited regularly by sleuthers for tidbits and SCs.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

If you all really want a realitively RS-free thread, then you will have to enforce it yourselves, reminding others to take the discussion elsewhere. It seems rather silly however, to eliminate all note of what RS says from the spoiler threads, as that is part of the discovery process. It is the lengthy, repetitive discussions that overshadow everything else.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3841381;
    Me to! I am one of those people who read the last page of a book first! I would be the first one peeking!!
    Yay. I'm not the only one that reads the last page of a book!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3841362;
    ITA! Tag future season threads with "RS Spoiler Free Zone"! Let the "sleuther" make the choice if they want the whole season spoiled by RS, or want to pursue the thrill of the hunt with other sleuthers!

To the victor belong the spoils!
    Yeah, I think that's a good idea too. It's worth a try anyway to see how it goes. I don't know that I have the personal discipline to avoid the RS thread or not but I think I just might. I read the spoilers about Survivor H VS V at the end of Samoa, but I've forgotten the boot order and now I'm watching without knowing who's going when - although I know who's in the final. But I just don't want to know week to week.

By the way - love your avatar , hope he gets another gold!
    Last edited by C4Real; 02-27-2010 at 12:20 AM. Reason: typo