Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3836891;
    Who does Jake hang with?? He knows people who didn't kiss until they were married??? What is that Mormon or Amish?
    I know some people who have saved the first kiss for marriage. Two were Baptist and I don't really remember what the other two were. I don't think it's really based on denomination at all, but just on the particular people and what they want to do.

I am a member of a "non-denominational" church. We certainly don't believe you can't kiss someone. I'm sure that is a person's preference. We do believe that sex is something specifically designated for marriage not that all that believe that follow it.
    ______________________________ _____
    Be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it all.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3836892;
    I wonder how much of that is prompted by TPTB? I could see them instructing Vienna & Jake...."just walk casually toward each other". And telling others to do the run & jump manuever!
    why the heck would they do that? sorry, but saying "it's scripted" to explain every event on the show, doesn't cut it with me.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

hopeful romantic romance writer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;3836247;
    Earlier today, someone said that he/she had seen that Jake went on Regis and Kelly alone. Don't know
    which story is correct.
    My DVR just says Jake when I take it to the episode on March 2nd.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3836656;
    I don't know if I agree that the "heat" developed slowly with Ed, despite the FS situation. Anyone remember Spain? That was definitely heat
    Nevermind their 1:1 date when she was about to talk and lost her thought...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by romance writer;3837034;
    My DVR just says Jake when I take it to the episode on March 2nd.
    I don't have a DVR, but Cox Communications, my local cable company's website says the following:

Jake Pavelka ("The Bachelor'') and his new fiancee; Lifehouse performs; Beautiful Baby Week 2010 continues with the announcement of the top five finalists.

* NEW

More Episodes, News, Recaps, Cast Info, Reviews...
    9:00 - 10:00 AM WVEC (13)

Take that FWIW. I don't know if their site descriptions are usually accurate or not. Never check it.

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3836894;
    [/B]
    ITA... I would call this a level of respect for Tenley, which is exactly what he should have..... it's essential to a successful marriage covenant for life........imo cleaning out the Vienna-centered 'sordidness', and risking a little more 'dreaming together in cartoon' would bring out the best, kindest husband in him, partnering with Tenley's compassion & consideration to shine a little light into the world around him and model that risk-taking to his kids.... true life-long passion is a by-product of right, other-centered priorities.
    I hope Jake reads your post. Several times. I love what you have to say.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3836852;
    Maybe Tenley was Jake's original choice but Vienna brought more passion on their fantasy date. Jake has referred to her several times as sexy and having dirty thoughts about her but Tenley is to sweet to refer to that way, therein lies the lack of passion in comparison. In the real world without the other temptation they may have really connected more and the passion would have built like it is supposed to..........
    I totally think you nailed it. In the real world, had Jake and Tenley met and had there been no deadlines, I think they might have had a successful relationship, even ending in marriage, but the lure of Vienna, who appealed directly to Jake's repressed and immature dirty side, was too intense to be ignored. The fact that Tenley couldn't rouse anywhere close to that same level of physical passion in him (and she may not be a particularly physical person, or just someone inexperienced who needs to be more patiently "coaxed" along) probably did her in. Really a shame, because they do seem like a good match in every other way, and I think if Tenley had been up against someone less "titillating" for Jake than Vienna, she might have been F1.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3837080;
    I totally think you nailed it. In the real world, had Jake and Tenley met and had there been no deadlines, I think they might have had a successful relationship, even ending in marriage, but the lure of Vienna, who appealed directly to Jake's repressed and immature dirty side, was too intense to be ignored. The fact that Tenley couldn't rouse anywhere close to that same level of physical passion in him (and she may not be a particularly physical person, or just someone inexperienced who needs to be more patiently "coaxed" along) probably did her in. Really a shame, because they do seem like a good match in every other way, and I think if Tenley had been up against someone less "titillating" for Jake than Vienna, she might have been F1.

Prior to Brad's season, Tenley might have been an F1, but as much as I hate to say it, given what we have had as F1s in the last few seasons, I simply cannot image a Tenley character as an F1 post Brad. The Disney character, the light and rainbow and sunshine just doesn't fit in with Fleiss's idea of trash sells. That is sad, but I think that is the way it now is.

I highly suspect that at least 2 of Ali's F4 will have dark secrets (that the producers know), and we will find out about in the media.
    How will that happen? Those will be the ones that are pushed toward Ali for special times and dates.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I think Tenley is the "sweet girl" akin to the "nice guy" syndrome men often get saddled with. Which may be a good match for "nice guy" Jake -- if he's truly a nice guy, but often the sweet girls and nice guys look for someone with opposite traits as a way to bring out another side of their personality. Similar types may be a better match long term, but opposites attract in the short term.

Also I really, really think Tenley needs some time alone before jumping in to another relationship. She was pretty emotional and tearful when she was telling Jake that her husband cheated on her, so those emotions are still fairly raw, it seems. Betrayal is a horribly painful thing to go through, but I think in time, most of us can talk about what we went thought without triggering those deep emotions. I don't think she's there yet.