Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3830583;
    Yes.......I also had that reaction and wrote the same thing yesterday........
    It will probably come towards the end of Ali's season and be preceded by several weekly promos.

Yes, I figure it will happen when she is down to F6. We will have to see him in all kinds of previews (probably leaning over a rail crying) until the end of the season. It will end up being like Deanna. I seen so much of her I was sick of her. Jake will be the same way. Wouldnt it be something if he came back to Ali's season and she ended up picking him. OMG lets hope that dont happen.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by NOLIFEBUTTV;3830618;
    First I think that Vienna looks like a transvestite. she is so unattractive how can their be any physical chemistry. And as sweet as tenley is her voice is very annoying. I am tired of them pickingout the next bachelor and bachelorette from rejects of past season. The original fun of watching the show was we knew nothing about them and grew to enjoy the people as we got to know them. enough is enough, pick new people.
    I read somewhere that the ratings slid when they picked new bachelors, but when they started recycling them, they went sky high. I admit, I didn't watch those ones in the middle!

I don't like how I care so much about this, even though I'm just being strung along by TPTB.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3830622;
    I'm not losing sleep over him not picking the logical choice, Tenley, because I honestly don't think Jake is mature or self aware enough to have a successful relationship with anybody, and I'd hate to see her get her heart smashed again after a few months engaged to him. Getting dumped at the FRC will be a blessing for her. Hopefully, she's over it.
    I've noticed that often, whenever one of the ladies says something revealing and insightful to Jake, expressing her views on marriage and a relationship - and which cry out for a reply from Jake, he says nothing, but instead bends forward to plant a kiss on the lady.
    Hey Jake, that's a cop-out!
    I felt let down by Jake's weak reaction.....How does he personally feel about what the lady had just said?
    Marti

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenn♥love;3830647;
    I read somewhere that the ratings slid when they picked new bachelors, but when they started recycling them, they went sky high. I admit, I didn't watch those ones in the middle!

I don't like how I care so much about this, even though I'm just being strung along by TPTB.
    I watched all those seasons in the middle -- heck, I've seen them all! -- but I'll admit there some really bad ones mixed in there. I think the last season I really enjoyed, and certainly the last lead I liked was the last "new" bachelor -- Brad Womack. (I know Matt came after Brad, but somehow I discount his season entirely, like it never happened.) Unfortunately it was the retreads that brought the ratings back, so that's what we're stuck with from here on out, I'm afraid.

ETA: I'll amend that, it's the retreads and all the sensationalism that brought the ratings back up. Emphasis on sensationalism, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by atem
    I got tired of being punched in the gut and caring so much for a show that isn't worth it. I never liked Jake, so there wasn't anything to cheer for and Ali is even worse.
    I agree with 100% of your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3830590;
    A few observations:
    a) I totally agree with the above. Just when I think it can't get any worse, they do something so lame I can't stand it.
    b) Ali - the most "normal" one in the bunch, weirded me out with the scene where she leaves...and her hair is all crazy, she's whining, and she flops in the hall. Then she calls from the hotel, which makes no sense at all, and so forth.
    But what really did it for me, and I posted this a week ago, was when I spoke with the reluctant person at Facebook and they said they never told her she had to come back to work or else. So the story as shown was not truthful.
    Now we know, for sure, the reason since she gave her notice at work, and is set to be the B'ette. But at what cost? I never really forgave Jake for the number he did on Wes in exchange for becoming TB, and now Ali looks just as seedy.
    c) Have you guys noticed that the girls are in flats in almost every scene now? I admit it - I now watch this show almost exclusively for the shoes. I freeze frame every time Jake or CH cross their legs (yes, strange zipper boots). The people who are forced to watch with me think it's insane.
    d) Pardon me for saying, but Jake is an idiot. Tenley has been adorable, has a great family, and could actually be a match. But every scene with Vienna screams out sexuality. I would really like to take the little guy aside and explain that if she does this with him, who she barely knows, it's not her first rodeo.
    Oh yes!!!! First Ali's flat boots in SFO, the at the RC Tenley was in flip flops for goodness sakes. She still towered over Gia (didn't notice her shoes). Gia and Jake were barefoot in a scene and I noticed that Jake was only modestly taller than her. He is a petite man.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3830590;
    A few observations:
    a) I totally agree with the above. Just when I think it can't get any worse, they do something so lame I can't stand it.
    b) Ali - the most "normal" one in the bunch, weirded me out with the scene where she leaves...and her hair is all crazy, she's whining, and she flops in the hall. Then she calls from the hotel, which makes no sense at all, and so forth.
    But what really did it for me, and I posted this a week ago, was when I spoke with the reluctant person at Facebook and they said they never told her she had to come back to work or else. So the story as shown was not truthful.
    Now we know, for sure, the reason since she gave her notice at work, and is set to be the B'ette. But at what cost? I never really forgave Jake for the number he did on Wes in exchange for becoming TB, and now Ali looks just as seedy.
    c) Have you guys noticed that the girls are in flats in almost every scene now? I admit it - I now watch this show almost exclusively for the shoes. I freeze frame every time Jake or CH cross their legs (yes, strange zipper boots). The people who are forced to watch with me think it's insane.
    d) Pardon me for saying, but Jake is an idiot. Tenley has been adorable, has a great family, and could actually be a match. But every scene with Vienna screams out sexuality. I would really like to take the little guy aside and explain that if she does this with him, who she barely knows, it's not her first rodeo.

You are a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by inanookry;3830251;
    I've met plenty of women who do the "phone not up to the ear" thing (usually when talking to their moms), but I've never met a man who does it unless the stuff coming through the other end is really loud.
    I am one of those people who hate--hate talking on the phone. So I do the holding phone away from ear thing quite often, I've even been known to rest it on the couch or counter.(BAD Kasha!!! :nono)
    Usually I try to have patience and will lead into some kind of ok, gotta run now, blah blah blah, but that doesn't always work.
    So next step is putting the phone away from my ear and letting the other person talk him/herself to exhaustion giving them an occassional "uh huh" or "I see" or an"oh yeah".
    Yep been there and done that.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3830650;
    I've noticed that often, whenever one of the ladies says something revealing and insightful to Jake, expressing her views on marriage and a relationship - and which cry out for a reply from Jake, he says nothing, but instead bends forward to plant a kiss on the lady.
    Hey Jake, that's a cop-out!
    I felt let down by Jake's weak reaction.....How does he personally feel about what the lady had just said?
    I noticed that too!! We really haven't gotten to know Jake very well
    because he does use that reaction as a cop out!!

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3830483;
    I got tired of being punched in the gut and caring so much for a show that isn't worth it. I never liked Jake, so there wasn't anything to cheer for and Ali is even worse.
    I couldn't agree with you more about Ali ... looks like I won't be watching another season (didn't watch a few so far .. Blob, Jason (although I did sleuth Jason's). Ali, Ali, Ali ... I'm sick of her.

With that said, as sweet as Tenley is, so glad she is not the next B'ette ... can you imagine another entire season talking about her ex, and adding Jake to the mix as another ex. Last night, after the 10th mention of her ex, I fast forwarded through the rest of her date. I would have to fast forward through an entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom;3830432;
    ah and a secret feed that the bacheloette could watch.
    I've often wondered if the Bachelor or Bachelorette are exposed to "secret feeds" of filmed activities during their seasons. Sometimes it seems as though the really have seen what some contestants actually say or do (without being told by other contestants or crewmembers).