Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3830245;
    I had the same observation. I don't think that was a live conversation. I kept imaging some St Lucian hotel error message ["if you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again"] or beep playing over and over in an endless loop as he struggled to remember his lines. Good thing he was not also asked to rub his belly or chew gum.

It appeared staged and acted to me too.

OT: jlccaz I LOVE your avatar. That had to be one of the funniest moments on the show watching him tightly squint shut his unpatched eye. I am still trying to decide if he was that slow on the uptake or if he was joking around.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by inanookry;3830143;
    I think Jake is about as emotionally mature as a little boy. He says he wants love, and I'm sure the idea of love and marriage really appeal to him, but he has no idea what it actually takes to have a successful relationship. Just like Vienna stating that when she was married she wanted it to be like they were 6 years old every day and be madly in love with each other....every day. I mean, seriously? Who, that has ever talked to real married couples, thinks that is a realistic view of marriage. I'm not saying you shouldn't be madly in love with one another sometimes, but quite honestly, there are days that I have a hard time liking my husband...let along being madly "in love" with him. Something about that appeals to Jake, as I don't think he wants to have to work at a relationship...but as anyone who's been in a successful long term relationship knows, it takes a little work. That's the main reason I think a relationship between J & V won't last...because neither of them are mature enough to know how to work through and work on a committed relationship. And when the going gets tough (and we know it is going to/already has), one or the other will bail ship. More understandable from the 23 yo Vienna than the "I want to get married" 32 yo Jake.
    I think Jake's stunted emotional maturity is the key to understanding him and his decisions. Perhaps his lack of a social life in high school never allowed him to really feel comfortable around females, so when he started attracting their attention with his good looks later on, he was still lacking the depth or insight to develop anything beyond a superficial relationship with them. I think he may still be stuck in that place, and is drawn to Vienna because she seems to be in the same shallow place and expects nothing deeper from him. I actually think he is scared by the rest of the women. Vienna is more like an uncomplicated girl who worships him like a crush. I agree it will never last, because neither has the maturity.

FORT Fogey

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c.../Picture38.png

Who are these people in this SC other than Jake in a group hug? ODD!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3830283;

His brothers?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by inanookry;3830206;
    I think Jake drove the bus to the top of a hill, put it in neutral, ran down the hill and laid down in front of the bus....there was no throwing involved.
    An image of your post cracks me up.. Sounds like a scene from the movie "Dumb and Dumber".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3830284;
    His brothers?
    Why are the hugging in the pool? Do grown men group hug in a pool? Who is that woman though?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3830288;
    Why are the hugging in the pool? Do grown men group hug in a pool? Who is that woman though?
    Tenley?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3830283;

yes, they are his brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3830288;
    yes, it's tenley, from the same scene that we used as proof to substantiate the claim that she was F2. her and jake in an infinity pool, and jake wearing a shirt because of tenley's modesty or something.

obviously last night she had no trouble swimming with a shirtless jake, so it seems they just jumped in fully clothed for fun
    _(Moo!)

And how many times did he say that he was Dateless Jake in high school. this season has become boring - and yes, if not for Vienna it would've been way moreso. Imagine a F3 of Ali, Tenley and Gia - Snooze City!!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono