Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by inafog;3830203;
    It worked. I'm convinced! TPTB really do throw everyone concerned under the bus for the sake of "drama" and ratings.
    I think Jake drove the bus to the top of a hill, put it in neutral, ran down the hill and laid down in front of the bus....there was no throwing involved.
    How quick come the reasons for approving what we like! ~ Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3830196;
    What perked up my ears was when Jake said he ‘took it to the next level with all 3 of the girls’ – I’m not sure what level he was talking about, but I know what level I thought he was talking about

And Gia looked very confident at the RC – at least what they showed us.
    I thought that Gia was scared out of her skin at the RC. She appeared (to me and hubby) to be sweating like a pig before he cut her.

Quote Originally Posted by inafog;3830207;
    I thought that Gia was scared out of her skin at the RC. She appeared (to me and hubby) to be sweating like a pig before he cut her.
    I think that was just a continuity error. I think they sprayed her down with salt water to make it appear that she had been sobbing when they got to the bench. In my opinion, that "crying" was all faked. I didn't think I saw any actual tears falling and I just went back and rewatched it. We never see any tears actually coming out of her eyes. A couple of times there are some streams running down there face at very convenient spots...as in spots where they could stop the camera rolling and go squirt a couple drops of Visine on her face. At the point in the limo when she sounds as if she should be sobbing...nada. And she didn't wipe her face off like a girl who was sobbing would. Probably because the makeup people didn't want to have to keep coming in and spraying her down, since she wasn't producing her own effects. They would have to pay a big fee for getting salt water all over the inside of the limo, I'm sure.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3830202;
    Read on a few posts here some prod. people thought Jake was some kind of dog.
    There are some folks on this board who have talked to production people and actual contestants. I am not one of them just to be clear about that. However, I have talked with some of our folks. Sometimes when I am totally off the mark, I get gently but firmly steered back into the right direction.
    I was unaware of to what extent, but evidently there is much fricky-fricky happening in the Fantasy Suite. Even with closed doors, the production people seem to know what happens. I have zero idea, but even if he was intimate with all three of them, it is unfair to single Jake out based on that.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3830146;
    A 32 yr old guy wants to grow and mature together with and 23 yr old gal? That statement alone says it all. How could he have a difficult time getting past the first date and have lived with a gf for a while? Is he throwing something out there to see what sticks? It's obvious he's trying very hard to be someone he is not and there in lies the problem.
    Make that a 32 year old who "lick kisses" his 23 year old and I would believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by enterpriselady;3830142;
    Totally disgusted. Totally fake! I noticed that Jake did not keep the phone to his ear and looked like he was paying some attention to somebody in the room, somebody with a cue card perhaps. I wonder if they were actually talking to each other or were they taped separately and given a script to read from. :nono I dunno???
    I had the same observation. I don't think that was a live conversation. I kept imaging some St Lucian hotel error message ["if you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again"] or beep playing over and over in an endless loop as he struggled to remember his lines. Good thing he was not also asked to rub his belly or chew gum.

the phone thing was getting on my nerves - no one talks on the phone with it held away from your ear that way - unless they're feeding you lines and the receiver is interfering :LOL
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3830245;
    I had the same observation. I don't think that was a live conversation. I kept imaging some St Lucian hotel error message ["if you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again"] or beep playing over and over in an endless loop as he struggled to remember his lines. Good thing he was not also asked to rub his belly or chew gum.
    I've met plenty of women who do the "phone not up to the ear" thing (usually when talking to their moms), but I've never met a man who does it unless the stuff coming through the other end is really loud.

Former Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3830249;
    the phone thing was getting on my nerves - no one talks on the phone with it held away from your ear that way - unless they're feeding you lines and the receiver is interfering :LOL
    It was DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!! I was laughing/screaming/swearing as my husband was laughing at ME the whole time. And the shorts/watch thing was rediculous too. (I thought they would fix the edit tonight so that this wasnt so obvious)

Put that with the rediculous number of times Vienna reminded us that "she had never been in love" (After being engaged at 17 and married at 19: THAT says a lot about her character right there... who in their right mind admits to never been in love, but has openly talked about 2 major relationships in their past- at least try and keep up the appearance! Say you "thought you were in love, but realized that the love you feel with Jake far surpasses the love you have experienced in the past! The fact she is saying she was willing to marry a man, and actually committed her life to someone she didnt love before- well that's just solidifies me initial feelings about this girl)...confirmed for me that this show is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3830186;
    Chiming in late, but I liked him too. He was funny, goofy, and I like that. Connecting with someone doesn't always have to be so serious, imo. He certainly was very different than Jason, and probably not long-term mate material at this point in his life, but he seemed like a good guy.

And again here I am one of the very few who like Vienna, for the same reasons. They both come across as real to me, this is who they are like them or not. I can respect that.
    I also think that Jake has been a good "Bachelor". Chris Harrison said that he was sincere in his quest, and I agree. I don't believe that he was "falling in love" with numerous women though. It is possible that he loved certain qualities about them. Saying anything more than that is an exaggeration, and makes me cringe.

This show would have been boring without Vienna. She is an interesting, multi-faceted personality. She has a classic type of beauty, and the brains to go along with it. I think she stood out in the crowd, and it has been a lot of fun following her journey.