Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3830127;
    I wasn't... I'd have been more upset with her if I really thought she wanted him back I think Ali was done with Jake awhile ago, she struggled as to whether she'd stay or go.... and maybe they talked her into this kind of goodbye for ratings, with a promise of the Bach'ette if she wanted it. There was no emotion in her voice last night, and his was full of attitude .... actually he behaved more like the proverbial "woman scorned"
    I think Jake is about as emotionally mature as a little boy. He says he wants love, and I'm sure the idea of love and marriage really appeal to him, but he has no idea what it actually takes to have a successful relationship. Just like Vienna stating that when she was married she wanted it to be like they were 6 years old every day and be madly in love with each other....every day. I mean, seriously? Who, that has ever talked to real married couples, thinks that is a realistic view of marriage. I'm not saying you shouldn't be madly in love with one another sometimes, but quite honestly, there are days that I have a hard time liking my husband...let along being madly "in love" with him. Something about that appeals to Jake, as I don't think he wants to have to work at a relationship...but as anyone who's been in a successful long term relationship knows, it takes a little work. That's the main reason I think a relationship between J & V won't last...because neither of them are mature enough to know how to work through and work on a committed relationship. And when the going gets tough (and we know it is going to/already has), one or the other will bail ship. More understandable from the 23 yo Vienna than the "I want to get married" 32 yo Jake.
    How quick come the reasons for approving what we like! ~ Jane Austen

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3829984;
    The only one that came off looking good tonight was Gia -- and she's gone. Good for her.
    Jake takes the cake for his fake "I am falling/fallen for four women, three women and I can't get up" baloney. Will he ever stop saying it through to the finale? Did any of these girls throw things at their TV while they watched what really happened when they were not with him? He seems more and more insincere every time he said that. Ugh! Is it March 2nd yet?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3830132;
    I agree with this though if I were Ali I would have called into question his "falling in love with three women" in a week!!! I would have told him he needed his head checked.

On the other hand Ali's "I will never find another man like Jake" solidified in me that the phone call was more about setting her up for next season than about Jake.
    As well as setting her up for the possible heart-broken, rejected Bachelorette, I think that Ali scene last night was meant for drama and to lay to rest in fans' minds once and for all the chance of an Ali-Jake reunion. He stated definitely twice that he was not in love with Ali.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by inanookry;3830143;
    I think Jake is about as emotionally mature as a little boy. He says he wants love, and I'm sure the idea of love and marriage really appeal to him, but he has no idea what it actually takes to have a successful relationship. Just like Vienna stating that when she was married she wanted it to be like they were 6 years old every day and be madly in love with each other....every day. I mean, seriously? Who, that has ever talked to real married couples, thinks that is a realistic view of marriage. I'm not saying you shouldn't be madly in love with one another sometimes, but quite honestly, there are days that I have a hard time liking my husband...let along being madly "in love" with him. Something about that appeals to Jake, as I don't think he wants to have to work at a relationship...but as anyone who's been in a successful long term relationship knows, it takes a little work. That's the main reason I think a relationship between J & V won't last...because neither of them are mature enough to know how to work through and work on a committed relationship. And when the going gets tough (and we know it is going to/already has), one or the other will bail ship. More understandable from the 23 yo Vienna than the "I want to get married" 32 yo Jake.
    A 32 yr old guy wants to grow and mature together with and 23 yr old gal? That statement alone says it all. How could he have a difficult time getting past the first date and have lived with a gf for a while? Is he throwing something out there to see what sticks? It's obvious he's trying very hard to be someone he is not and there in lies the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3830144;
    Jake takes the cake for his fake "I am falling/fallen for four women, three women and I can't get up" baloney. Will he ever stop saying it through to the finale? Did any of these girls throw things at their TV while they watched what really happened when they were not with him? He seems more and more insincere every time he said that. Ugh! Is it March 2nd yet?
    They all say that until they say "I'm falling in love with two women". It's just a flaw in the script of this show. I know it must appear they have fallen for all of them or there is no suspense, but must they actually lie? I don't think so.

This season reminds me of a past season: Bob's. This is not an appealing bachelor so the whole time you are watching, you wonder who would want this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3830145;
    As well as setting her up for the possible heart-broken, rejected Bachelorette, I think that Ali scene last night was meant for drama and to lay to rest in fans' minds once and for all the chance of an Ali-Jake reunion. He stated definitely twice that he was not in love with Ali.
    In the interview that Jake did with Kevin Frazier after Ali left he said he was in love with her. Then in his blog from this week he said he was in love with Ali and would always love Ali. Come on, which is it Jake??

I don't think for one second that there is any future for Jake and Ali. He just drives me crazy watching his interviews. He is all over the place!

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3830150;
    In the interview that Jake did with Kevin Frazier after Ali left he said he was in love with her. Then in his blog from this week he said he was in love with Ali and would always love Ali. Come on, which is it Jake??

I don't think for one second that there is any future for Jake and Ali. He just drives me crazy watching his interviews. He is all over the place!
    He just has no sex appeal on top of being confused. Not appealing!

Forgive me for not reading all the sleuthing and spoilers before I posted, but I just can't keep up! Did anyone else notice the horrible voice over before the dates while Jake was skipping rocks in the water? I have erased it on my DVR but he was talking about letting Ali go I think and then you hear his own voice dubbed in at the end (it sounds completely different in tone and volume). It was a total set-up for her phone call later in show. I didn't know if anyone else noticed that as well. It was some aweful editing to say the least.

they're trying to confuse us by making him appear stupid and boring...it is all an act.

:p

I'm a little confused with the previews for the WTN. Chris says at one point that Ali is back and will tell why she really left. They have been pounding home that reason for the last 3 weeks! What possible different reason is there? My vote is none and more hype to get people to tune in once again. This show is just so annoying sometimes!