Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3822324;
    Now that's a line during the previews that had me laughing. Which guy wants to come home to an unclean house unless he is a complete slob? . If nothing else some of the dialogues, I mean lines on this show is gold for comedians who want to comment on it.

Granted Vienna is not as extreme as she has been edited to be, but some of what we saw in that edit has to be the real Vienna. She is not a prof. actress who took on this role. She has a lot of maturity still waiting to be claimed by her, IMO. Her edit didn't paint her in the most flattering light. It will be interesting to see how far Jake will go. He did tell one of the parents last night he wasn't jealous but more protective. Maybe he will be put to the test when he makes the rounds answering questions after the finale airs. Right now he sounds very defensive in his interviews. He can't play the card "I only saw what I did, didn't know what was going on in the house" this time. He had several women tell him over and again but he didn't want to hear it.
    What do we KNOW that Vienna has done that is so bad that if he fell for her he should run away now. I don't think there has been anything that is so bad that he wasn't aware of during the show that came out afterwards. He knew she had a divorce, the car accidents, he could see she had a boob job. What would make him change his mind? Our biased opinion, I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by lisadawne;3822333;
    My husband thought the opposite.......he said, Looks like she was fishing for him to beg her to stay and he definitely is not that into her.
    ITA... She was the first girl walked into the RC... As she watched all the other girls walk in her demeanor went from I ok to I'm not ok. Did anyone notice her watch Tenley walk all the way to her spot? I think underneath it all Ali is really insecure and she just couldn't handle that their were other girls involved. Jake said in his blog that she didn't have to go back to work for another 5 days...the show made it seem like she had to be back the next day. The job thing was an excuse to try to get Jake to promise her forever right then and there and he couldn't. I felt like she was playing a game with him and it backfired on her.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3822336;
    If Jake does pick Vienna, I really feel he is choosing the girl he feels most comfortable with, who he can relax the most with, and who doesn't seem to expect a whole lot from him. I don't see this as a marriage waiting to happen, but pretty much a "who do I want to hang out with and see how it goes" kind of deal. If it works, great. If not, at least he had a good time hanging out with her. She makes him feel comfortable, she doesn't bring the drama to him like Ali did (and if in fact Ali and Jake were sitting there for over two hours while she cried and whined in that voice she was using...well I can see him getting tired of that drama real fast). I really don't think this romance with Vienna will last through the long haul, but I could be wrong. I have said before, the romances that seem to work on this show are rare, but obviously not unheard of. I wish them all the best.

Jake telling Vienna's family about the other girls in the house was really interesting. You could tell that the conversation was not really a new one for Jake and Vienna, she seemed totally comfortable with him discussing it, and he seemed totally comfortable with his view of it. You have to remember, that despite the idea that this show is about "love" it's still a competition, and competition can be fierce. I totally buy that a lot of the girls were jealous of Vienna. She made no bones about saying that she and Jake were close, and as other girls have said in interviews, their connection was apparent. If he let himself be swayed by the other girls, when he wasn't experiencing any of that behaviour from Vienna himself, then he'd be really wussy. I think it's great he gives her the chance to prove herself to him, instead of judging her based on gossip and hearsay. The conversation with her parents showed me he was done with the drama of the other girls and Vienna. I think he was feeling done with drama period, so the timing for Ali's meltdown was probably very unfortunate.
    In his blog, Jake says Ali was the 'instigator' of all the drama between her and Vienna...that right there told me Ali was never F1 and Vienna always was.

FORT Fogey

A few observations about Jake...... He has been repeating the line "I have fallen in love with all four women for different reasons". But his behavior per the edit tells a slightly different story. He may have decided since bungee jump that it's Vienna all the way. Here's why:

Vienna consoled him on that date when he freaked out and he said he needed someone who would nurture him, he couldnt' be strong all the time. How many times would they bungee jump in real life is another matter altogether.

He "rejected" repeated "warnings" about Vienna's behavior in the house from several women. Jessie even went so far as to say she was concerned that Vienna may be looking at him as a "daddy" to foot the "princess's" bills.

He always defended Vienna by telling the women he saw a different side to Vienna (not what the women were alluding to)

He raised the question during Ali's second 1-1 date and went about "praising Vienna's to her.

He didn't send Vienna out of his room (after she told Gia she was going down there) knowing fully well there were two women on the date with him.

On Vienna's HTD he threw all the other women under the bus claiming they were ALL jealous. Didn't he realize he had for all purposes already decided on Vienna?

So...........the question is why did he lead Ali on by telling her he wanted her to stay before the RC? He was at that HTD in FL prior to that talk with Ali. May have been Fleiss driven theatrics, but Ali read it right and good for her she hightailed it out of there. Watching this edit the other f3 women would have seen that he had already "rejected" the other women at Vienna's HTD with "jealousy" statement. Wonder how Tenley and Gia (probably already knew she was not f1) are reacting to all that.

Vienna fills a NEED in Jake and it will be interesting to see how far he goes to defend her in the media post-finale not to mention to his family and friends at church not just the edit but all the "stuff" out there whether true or not. After all it's all about perception.

That RC last night was WEIRD, IMO.

Anyone here think Vienna was redeemed after you watched the HTD? Or is it too late in the game to do that with only two episodes to go. Didn't watch most of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3822346;
    ITA... She was the first girl walked into the RC... As she watched all the other girls walk in her demeanor went from I ok to I'm not ok. Did anyone notice her watch Tenley walk all the way to her spot? I think underneath it all Ali is really insecure and she just couldn't handle that their were other girls involved. Jake said in his blog that she didn't have to go back to work for another 5 days...the show made it seem like she had to be back the next day. The job thing was an excuse to try to get Jake to promise her forever right then and there and he couldn't. I felt like she was playing a game with him and it backfired on her.
    bingo. that's a relationship no-no :nono

men commit when they are ready. trying to force the issue only ends in tears
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3822352;
    A few observations about Jake...... He has been repeating the line "I have fallen in love with all four women for different reasons". But his behavior per the edit tells a slightly different story. He may have decided since bungee jump that it's Vienna all the way. Here's why:

Vienna consoled him on that date when he freaked out and he said he needed someone who would nurture him, he couldnt' be strong all the time. How many times would they bungee jump in real life is another matter altogether.

He "rejected" repeated "warnings" about Vienna's behavior in the house from several women. Jessie even went so far as to say she was concerned that Vienna may be looking at him as a "daddy" to foot the "princess's" bills.

He always defended Vienna by telling the women he saw a different side to Vienna (not what the women were alluding to)

He raised the question during Ali's second 1-1 date and went about "praising Vienna's to her.

He didn't send Vienna out of his room (after she told Gia she was going down there) knowing fully well there were two women on the date with him.

On Vienna's HTD he threw all the other women under the bus claiming they were ALL jealous. Didn't he realize he had for all purposes already decided on Vienna?

So...........the question is why did he lead Ali on by telling her he wanted her to stay before the RC? He was at that HTD in FL prior to that talk with Ali. May have been Fleiss driven theatrics, but Ali read it right and good for her she hightailed it out of there. Watching this edit the other f3 women would have seen that he had already "rejected" the other women at Vienna's HTD with "jealousy" statement. Wonder how Tenley and Gia (probably already knew she was not f1) are reacting to all that.

Vienna fills a NEED in Jake and it will be interesting to see how far he goes to defend her in the media post-finale not to mention to his family and friends at church not just the edit but all the "stuff" out there whether true or not. After all it's all about perception.

Anyone here think Vienna was redeemed after you watched the HTD? Or is it too late in the game to do that with only two episodes to go. Didn't watch most of the show.
    I think her edit has softened... Her family wasn't all deliverance scary, they sat around and joked about her wrecking cars, the controversy with the other girls.. Her dad came across a very loving and protective of Vienna but funny too... jake is a simple, down home, outdoor guy...he appeared the most comfortable and relaxed during Vienna's HTD.. He even said in his blog he couldn't wait to get to Florida (which He loves) and relax. It's Vienna, RS was right.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3822352;

Vienna redemption started last week not last night and I have seen the soft side of Vienna long time ago and she is not the devil incarnated that Ali thought.

Vienna is ready for Jake and her conversation last night with her dad prove that and also on the boat ride with Jake. She fell for Jake it was good to hear both of them admit how scared they are about the feelings they are having for each other.

Vienna did something else last night that impress me, she did say a nice word that her ex was a good man, I now wonder how that devious family is feeling today. She did not throw him under the bus like they have been doing to her.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3822048;
    That post was using that as an example of the Frankenbite....the suggestion that she might have said "I was in five car wrecks..." and then was cut off from saying "but I wasn't at fault in four of them." It was not someone outright saying "She did not cause four of them."

Even so....her car accidents are obviously the butt of a family "joke" and her own "joke" about herself. So, I suspect there is more to it than her causing one accident.
    No, I actually read a poster here that knows her say that 4 of those 5 accidents were not faulted by V. She was not the cause but the involved/recipient.

Here it is: I hope you don't mind me quoting you Lisadawne

They edited the stories she told.......she says she's been in 5 wrecks - they didn't air the part where 4 were not her fault - and then maybe an hour later they ask if she's a bad driver and she says she's an awful driver - and then they splice those statements together. With editing you can make anyone look bad.
    Last edited by KashatheDiva; 02-09-2010 at 11:24 AM.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3822354;
    bingo. that's a relationship no-no :nono

men commit when they are ready. trying to force the issue only ends in tears
    Except for Jason It worked really well when Molly told him she had been approached by the producers to be the Bachelorette! He jumped right on it. Chop, chop...
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3822338;
    What do we KNOW that Vienna has done that is so bad that if he fell for her he should run away now. I don't think there has been anything that is so bad that he wasn't aware of during the show that came out afterwards. He knew she had a divorce, the car accidents, he could see she had a boob job. What would make him change his mind? Our biased opinion, I hope not.
    This relationship will be tested once the show is done airing. There will be "stuff" in media. His family and friends (particularly at church) may have opinions that may matter to him for he does say God, family and friends are most important to him. Perception is everything. If his family and friends are ready to have his back instead of questioning his judgment then he can take on the media. In the long run whether they make it as a couple is up to them really, they can't blame the media or anyone else. Life throws curves along the way and this time post finale will be a test as well IMO.