Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3822299;
    But he says “I know what I’m doing is right” I find that has a negative connotation not a positive one. We’re looking at that statement as if he knows we won’t like his decision – and he wouldn’t have any knowledge of that at the time of the FRC in November.

Where’s the “I’ve fallen completely in love and I hope she says yes” – or whatever the quote is.

And if it comes down to proposing to Tenley or Vienna I can’t believe he had a difficult choice. Anyone notice he only brought a gift to Vienna’s HTD? That is always a tell who F1 is.
    Jake was also carrying a little gift bag along with something else in his left hand when he arrived at Ali's mother's house. It was hard to see at first.

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3822307;
    I think he got a preview of what people would think about him choosing Vienna when all the girls told him how they felt about her. He's had to stick up for her and defend his choice of her since the beginning.
    yes, but he's said time and again that he likes Vienna, he's falling for Vienna. There's no need to justify his decision if he truly fell in love with, whether or not the other girls liked her.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3822311;
    yes, but he's said time and again that he likes Vienna, he's falling for Vienna. There's no need to justify his decision if he truly fell in love with, whether or not the other girls liked her.
    Very true . . . it is Jake's decision to make, and no one else's (well, maybe a little input from the TPTB!)

FORT Fan

Forgive me... I skipped through some of the show... did Jake ask permission from anyone other than Ali's Mom or Tenley's Dad? I didn't see all of Gia's or Vienna's date.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3822311;
    I agree with you anders.. To me last night just proved that Jake is SMITTEN with Vienna... He was completely at ease with her on the boat and even with her dad in the garage.. We only saw a smidget of that conversation but I think Jake is a simple, down home, outdoorsy kinda of guy.. Vienna fits into his lifestyle more than the other three..

Ali is young and more career oriented.
    Tenley is a bit more formal, reserved and still too fragile.
    Gia is SEX AND THE CITY personified; she ain't leaving NYC..

Just here to learn......

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan778;3822319;
    Forgive me... I skipped through some of the show... did Jake ask permission from anyone other than Ali's Mom or Tenley's Dad? I didn't see all of Gia's or Vienna's date.
    They didn't show it....but that doesn't mean he didn't ask. I don't know how he could ask more than one family for permission, I think that is sort of crappy. I would rather see him ask nobody and then maybe get on the phone before the FRC to ask. Asking everyone sort of leads them on. JMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3822110;
    I'm a total, clueless newbie, but I agree; I'm just not buying that it was 100% real. I don't think Ali's fear was that Jake might not pick her, but that he just might. I think there was something missing for her, or she would have taken the risk. Plus it can't be that difficult to get another fabulous job after exposure like this, can it?

Also, do I remember this correctly -- she said she talked to her mom about it, and asked what would happen if she stayed and he didn't choose her, and her mom basically said she'd be fine; that she'd get over it?

On another topic, I did hear Vienna's dad reassure Jake that if he married his daughter, Jake would "always come home to a clean house...." Well, shoot paw, that oughta wrap it up right there....
    Now that's a line during the previews that had me laughing. Which guy wants to come home to an unclean house unless he is a complete slob? . If nothing else some of the dialogues, I mean lines on this show is gold for comedians who want to comment on it.

Granted Vienna is not as extreme as she has been edited to be, but some of what we saw in that edit has to be the real Vienna. She is not a prof. actress who took on this role. She has a lot of maturity still waiting to be claimed by her, IMO. Her edit didn't paint her in the most flattering light. It will be interesting to see how far Jake will go. He did tell one of the parents last night he wasn't jealous but more protective. Maybe he will be put to the test when he makes the rounds answering questions after the finale airs. Right now he sounds very defensive in his interviews. He can't play the card "I only saw what I did, didn't know what was going on in the house" this time. He had several women tell him over and again but he didn't want to hear it.

FORT Regular

Last night felt like watching a bad episode of Young & Restless at times. Don't know if the tears were real or fake, but it was a bit over the top, imo. Leave the acting to the professionals, guys. That breakdown in the hallway, i don't know what to make of that. It was for dramatic purposes only imo.

Loved tenley's parents, esp. her dad. Those were some of the realest (is that a word?) emotions coming through this whole entire season. No acting needed there. The affection they have for their daughter came through, and you could tell they were all very much affected by her divorce. It's so much better and so much more natural when there is no script. Why doesn't MF get that? That's how I wish it would happen all the time.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by inanookry;3822147;
    Regarding how "fake" Jake's disappointment at letting Ali go was...I don't know how many posters on this board are men, but I find that my husband sees things through quite different eyes than I do. I was very apt to believe the edit that they were giving us...Jake forcing himself to be sad, even though he wasn't at all. However, my husband, who wandered in somewhere in the middle of it all, said that Jake was putting on a good face, but was very obviously dealing with a heart that was cracking in two. Last week, he watched just one scene between Ali and Jake and told me that Jake was positively head over heals in love with her. I always find it interesting to hear his thoughts because he doesn't analyze this stuff the same way I do, but as a man, I think he is probably better able to judge what Jake's actions mean. Women are forever trying to analyze what men's behavior means (in their dating lives, work lives, etc.) and generally fail miserably at the task. Ask a man what another man's behavior means on the other hand, and they can tell you without much thought at all, and are typically dead on. Just thought I would interject that as I am reading all these comments.
    My husband thought the opposite.......he said, Looks like she was fishing for him to beg her to stay and he definitely is not that into her.

If Jake does pick Vienna, I really feel he is choosing the girl he feels most comfortable with, who he can relax the most with, and who doesn't seem to expect a whole lot from him. I don't see this as a marriage waiting to happen, but pretty much a "who do I want to hang out with and see how it goes" kind of deal. If it works, great. If not, at least he had a good time hanging out with her. She makes him feel comfortable, she doesn't bring the drama to him like Ali did (and if in fact Ali and Jake were sitting there for over two hours while she cried and whined in that voice she was using...well I can see him getting tired of that drama real fast). I really don't think this romance with Vienna will last through the long haul, but I could be wrong. I have said before, the romances that seem to work on this show are rare, but obviously not unheard of. I wish them all the best.

Jake telling Vienna's family about the other girls in the house was really interesting. You could tell that the conversation was not really a new one for Jake and Vienna, she seemed totally comfortable with him discussing it, and he seemed totally comfortable with his view of it. You have to remember, that despite the idea that this show is about "love" it's still a competition, and competition can be fierce. I totally buy that a lot of the girls were jealous of Vienna. She made no bones about saying that she and Jake were close, and as other girls have said in interviews, their connection was apparent. If he let himself be swayed by the other girls, when he wasn't experiencing any of that behaviour from Vienna himself, then he'd be really wussy. I think it's great he gives her the chance to prove herself to him, instead of judging her based on gossip and hearsay. The conversation with her parents showed me he was done with the drama of the other girls and Vienna. I think he was feeling done with drama period, so the timing for Ali's meltdown was probably very unfortunate.