Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3822141;
    Not really - his smile wasn't his 'good and happy' smile by any means
    I agree. Compare the smiles and you will see a huge difference

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3821851;
    IDK all I noticed was that while Vienna was out getting married to rebound guys and getting plastic surgery Ali was pretty much skipping her college experience all together to be a live in nurse to her dying grandmother. Holy crap!!
    I thought I read that Ali has a B.S. in Psychology. However, if it was important to her to take care of her ill Grandmother and finish her education a little later, I think that is commendable. When a person is elderly and not in good health, it speaks very highly if the family can help care for that elderly person as opposed to sticking them in an assisted living or nursing home where the care is often very poor.

Maybe Ali inherited the Grandmother's house and is keeping it as someplace she would like to live someday.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3822057;
    I just didn't get the same vibe with Jake/Ali and Deanna/Graham that some on here are getting. Deanna was devasted... and Jake was not. JMO though.
    And I didn't get that Ali was devastated either - maybe when she was in the limo, but not when she met him in the room.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3822113;
    I have no doubt that Jake didn't walk right back into the RC - but took some time to himself to get himself together..................
    ITA Capegal . . . I'm sure the entire event was MUCH longer than what we were shown - in the scenes with Jake and Ali, there were many changes in her posture (watch her legs) so we know that part was edited down, and I would bet that the time between the goodbye and the return to the RC was plenty long enough for Jake to gain composure - the girls were probably not standing there the whole time - it just looks that way because that's what they want us to believe!

In spite of what some here believe, I have a different opinion, I think Ali's crying was very real - the "ugly cry" that none of us want others to see - those were not crocodile tears! I think this part of last night's episode was as real as reality TV can get, and I couldn't take my eyes off it.

I just didn't get the same vibe with Jake/Ali and Deanna/Graham that some on here are getting. Deanna was devasted... and Jake was not. JMO though.
    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3822265;
    And I didn't get that Ali was devastated either - maybe when she was in the limo, but not when she met him in the room.
    ITA, DeAnna was devasted; to me Graham seemed indifferent and ready to go. Ali put on a good show of being torn up about her decision but Jake didn't seem to upset about it.

Any thoughts on the new VO at the FRC – something about making the right decision…..and Chris saying the most ‘dramatic’ not romantic FRC ever.

Methinks the reshoot happened and he didn’t pick anyone. But they could’ve cut it that way to make us think that… who knows???
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by inanookry;3822147;
    Regarding how "fake" Jake's disappointment at letting Ali go was...I don't know how many posters on this board are men, but I find that my husband sees things through quite different eyes than I do. I was very apt to believe the edit that they were giving us...Jake forcing himself to be sad, even though he wasn't at all. However, my husband, who wandered in somewhere in the middle of it all, said that Jake was putting on a good face, but was very obviously dealing with a heart that was cracking in two. Last week, he watched just one scene between Ali and Jake and told me that Jake was positively head over heals in love with her. I always find it interesting to hear his thoughts because he doesn't analyze this stuff the same way I do, but as a man, I think he is probably better able to judge what Jake's actions mean. Women are forever trying to analyze what men's behavior means (in their dating lives, work lives, etc.) and generally fail miserably at the task. Ask a man what another man's behavior means on the other hand, and they can tell you without much thought at all, and are typically dead on. Just thought I would interject that as I am reading all these comments.
    I like your husband's input on this! I personally believe that Jake was shocked or surprised and hurt that Ali left. He's a pilot, and most of the pilots I know realize the responsibility they have and the amount of control they have over a situation - this can make someone seem less emotional on the surface, but we don't know what is going on inside - Jake did show a lot of emotion when he was hugging Ali during the goodbye. I see him trying to keep it together, I don't see it as fake at all - JMO of course, and everyone will see it differently based on their own life's experience.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3822113;
    I have no doubt that Jake didn't walk right back into the RC - but took some time to himself to get himself together..................
    I agree,

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3822281;
    Any thoughts on the new VO at the FRC – something about making the right decision…..and Chris saying the most ‘dramatic’ not romantic FRC ever.

Methinks the reshoot happened and he didn’t pick anyone. But they could’ve cut it that way to make us think that… who knows???
    He didn't even mention the RC which I found interesting. He said "Most Dramatic Season Finale" or something very similar.

He was torn. There is no way he could act well enough to have that kind of last minute desperate emotion come out in the kiss they had on the curb.