Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3757683;
    I'm sorry SaffronSunrise I get that it's not the Fairmont in SF. Please help out. I'm a very sophisticated but also sometimes very plain man. Save me the time of getting out a dictionary. What does this mean? Or is it just ornate while the picture is more traditional and modern. Thanks!

It would help if I could type, then it would have said gold instead of golo. The Fairmont in SF has gold on the ceiling & on the columns & in the photos, almost look tacky & cheap, but I'm sure it's gorgeous in person. The one in the screen cap looks more classical without all of the decorations & colors on the trim. I think it looks like it may actually be a courtyard at a hotel instead of the interior.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3757685;
    I've looked at both St Regis & Baraca & can't find a match. The sc almost looks like this is a courtyard instead of the inside of the hotel. What do y'all think. I'm starting to look at some places in Italy, but please double check those other hotels..I'm still a newbie sleuther.
    The other SC of this area indicates the probability of natural light entering from above and to the right. I think it is the lobby of a hotel with a stairway to a mezzanine level above. I kind of see furniture on the mezzanine that is indoor not outdoor. i.e. I don't think it's outside.
    Last edited by eowenc; 11-25-2009 at 10:11 PM.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3757696;

It would help if I could type, then it would have said gold instead of golo. The Fairmont in SF has gold on the ceiling & on the columns & in the photos, almost look tacky & cheap, but I'm sure it's gorgeous in person. The one in the screen cap looks more classical without all of the decorations & colors on the trim. I think it looks like it may actually be a courtyard at a hotel instead of the interior.
    That's really funny! We all make mistakes while typing. I so often murder the English language by typing your when I mean you're. I hit submit in a PM and it's too late or I reread my post and the time to edit has past. Oh well!

To me, it looks like those steps go up to another level of a courtyard or something because it looks like some sort of hedge up there & we can only see darkness, instead of a ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3757719;

To me, it looks like those steps go up to another level of a courtyard or something because it looks like some sort of hedge up there & we can only see darkness, instead of a ceiling.
    You could be absolutely right. Does the floor in that SC look like tile or carpet to you? Someone (probably you) will find pictures of this lobby or courtyard and we will know. At that point where they are becomes most important to know how many ladies are left. It's only a matter of time. You're (I did it right) doing a great job with the sleuthing and I'm so glad we finally have something to work with. Hope there is more soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3757595;
    I don't think this SC is from The Fairmont in San Francisco. All of the photos I have found so far have shown the hotel to be more ornate..almost garish with a lot of golo. I'm still looking, though.

Well, I have no sleuthing experience at all, and I have no qualifications other than a sick, nearly borderline obsessive, fascination with attempting to figure out everything about this show. So, take my opinions as they are, simply opinions. But I think that the minty green near the columns is different enough to help find the right place, once a general location is determined. I also think that it is an outdoor type area, like a courtyard area, perhaps beach/oceanside, designed to provide some fantastic type view of the outdoor setting - be it the ocean or some mountain or beautiful landscape. I thought that I detected a palm frond hanging low on the building in the far shot of Jake walking dejectedly with his jacket. The flowers also have a somewhat tropical feel. Would they have gone somewhere exotic in Mexico? Or is this the F3 to F2 angst that seems to affect all our leads season after season? Just observing and asking questions - hoping to help and trying to learn, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum;3757743;
    Well, I have no sleuthing experience at all, and I have no qualifications other than a sick, nearly borderline obsessive, fascination with attempting to figure out everything about this show. So, take my opinions as they are, simply opinions. But I think that the minty green near the columns is different enough to help find the right place, once a general location is determined. I also think that it is an outdoor type area, like a courtyard area, perhaps beach/oceanside, designed to provide some fantastic type view of the outdoor setting - be it the ocean or some mountain or beautiful landscape. I thought that I detected a palm frond hanging low on the building in the far shot of Jake walking dejectedly with his jacket. The flowers also have a somewhat tropical feel. Would they have gone somewhere exotic in Mexico? Or is this the F3 to F2 angst that seems to affect all our leads season after season? Just observing and asking questions - hoping to help and trying to learn, FWIW.
    Between SaffronSunrise and you fijibeachbum I'll be totally convinced that this is a courtyard before I have to leave for the night. I noticed the palm frond in the upper left of the lower floor as well as all the plant life we can make out in the SC on the lower floor. This is probably a warm weather locale because of the plant life exhibited (I'm a botanist as well as other things IRL). Too bad the upper floor is blurry and too dark to find any details that would help out. In a more tropical climate these plants would thrive if outside. Here in the midwest hotels have plant rental services who change out trees, bushes, plantings etc. seasonally or as they fail or dye. That way it looks beautiful all the time even in winter. So who knows? I have ABC on right now but not paying attention. They just showed another commercial for Jake TB and I only heard the end. I wonder if it's different and if they have corrected the VO goof up on the pronouncing of Jakes last name. On Tuesday the narrator said Palveka not Pavelka. It would have been about 9:45 central time during Eastwick.

I just realized that I can go back with my DVR remote about 30 minutes and the commercial starts at 9:44 PM CST. Same commercial as Tues on DWTS and same female voice doing the VO but the goof has been corrected! They changed his last name back to Pavelka from Palveka.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3757785;
    I just realized that I can go back with my DVR remote about 30 minutes and the commercial starts at 9:44 PM CST. Same commercial as Tues on DWTS and same female voice doing the VO but the goof has been corrected! They changed his last name back to Pavelka from Palveka.
    Poor fellow, he's the lead & they can't even get his name right. I wonder if this is indicative of the rest of the season.
    Last edited by SaffronSunrise; 11-25-2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3757719;

I agree that it's a courtyard and it's at night.

It doesn't seem like it's in Mexico to me. I believe it's in California. It doesn't seem very old. I don't know why, but it looks more like a studio to me than anything, but I'm sure it's at some hotel/resort.

eta

Thanks Capegal about the rumor about San Francisco being a possible HTD. I was guessing that myself, but then again Chris was in that area as well.