Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

did i miss the trashing of Tenley?

Quote Originally Posted by dannape;3814765;
    Okay, i have figured out most of the abbreviations..rs rose ceremony, htd hometown dates...i'm sure it's so simple it is escaping me, but what is tptb?
    Actually, RC is Rose Ceremony, and RS is Reality Steve. Sorry, I just wanted to clarify...not being snarky.

Quote Originally Posted by assilem;3814904;
    did i miss the trashing of Tenley?
    I must have too! I just don't see Tenley being a bad person, but I've been known to be wrong a time or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes;3814707;
    Even though Ali kept saying how happy she was that he was there, and he kept repeating it back, I didn't feel it was 100% genuine. Maybe they were both distracted?
    It may have just been the edit, but I thought that it felt forced too. They just kept saying the same things over and over again "I'm so happy your here!" "I'm happy I'm here too!" - it seemed like they were trying too hard, you know?

Oh, and the straddling him on the blanket, with a relatively short dress on and no leggings? Yikes! It seemed very intimate somehow, for a public place. Jake didn't seem to mind though, which leads us back to the horndog comments.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3814298;
    I went back to find it for you guys, but it was gone.
    Maybe for the best.
    Others who read the post may recall better but someone was saying that Tenley had an eating disorder, used her ex for money, horrible person, whatever.
    I'm sorry it's gone because now my comments are out of context, but not sorry they are gone because they were ugly.
    Are you referring to the postings on the alphabet site? If so, I know what you are talking about. There were quite a few posts that had been writtten by Tenley's ex-husband's friends and family and unfortunately they were spreading things that are totally ridiculous and untrue. A few of the posts were from her ex's new wife (the woman he cheated with) and were definately off base. I know everyone has a bias (and as Tenley's friend I know that I come across as having a bias), but I think there is a difference between biases and spouting false allegations in a revengeful manner. The posts were slanderous and untrue and I don't have any doubt that is why they were taken down. Tenley is not perfect (nor is anyone), but honestly, out of all of the people I know, she is pretty close to the top of the list of being someone that is hard to find alot of faults in... As far as how she is being portrayed on tv, it is very consistent to how she is in real life, although I think she is stronger than she or others have given her credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3814929;
    It may have just been the edit, but I thought that it felt forced too. They just kept saying the same things over and over again "I'm so happy your here!" "I'm happy I'm here too!" - it seemed like they were trying too hard, you know?

Oh, and the straddling him on the blanket, with a relatively short dress on and no leggings? Yikes! It seemed very intimate somehow, for a public place. Jake didn't seem to mind though, which leads us back to the horndog comments.
    ITA! It all seemed repetitive and forced! And the straddling seemed a little tacky to me, especially since it was a public place (it almost looked like a soccer park, and if so, not the appropriate place for a moment such as that one)

JMO, of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by kitten mittens;3814938;
    Are you referring to the postings on the alphabet site? If so, I know what you are talking about. There were quite a few posts that had been writtten by Tenley's ex-husband's friends and family and unfortunately they were spreading things that are totally ridiculous and untrue. A few of the posts were from her ex's new wife (the woman he cheated with) and were definately off base. I know everyone has a bias (and as Tenley's friend I know that I come across as having a bias), but I think there is a difference between biases and spouting false allegations in a revengeful manner. The posts were slanderous and untrue and I don't have any doubt that is why they were taken down. Tenley is not perfect (nor is anyone), but honestly, out of all of the people I know, she is pretty close to the top of the list of being someone that is hard to find alot of faults in... As far as how she is being portrayed on tv, it is very consistent to how she is in real life, although I think she is stronger than she or others have given her credit for.
    Thank you for sharing!! I think most of us here on FORT tend to take things we hear and can't prove with a grain of salt! Tenley does seem like a really sweet girl! Thanks again for your post!!

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

OK, can't sleep, DUH is away... sleuthing time...
    observations/questions from this evening:
    1. The song played during the evening part of Tenley's date is the theme song. Does this have Meaning, as in a growing story arc, justifying her as F2 or maybe even F1 (with apologies to RS)? Or is this merely Fleissian Yanking of Chains?
    2. In the previews, why would Ali have to stand up for the non-RC rather than just leave? Doesn't that seem cruel and unusual?
    3. The outtakes of Tenley shown during the credits absolutely crack me up. First the giraffe, until they told her the question was, "What animal do you think you are in bed?" And then tonight, singing goofy arias with Corrie. This apparently got Gia laughing so hard she had to go to the window to get some fresh air and show us the back of her dress. Ali was laughing, too. Vienna? Vienna? Are you in the tunnel again?
    4. Gia has class. If I were makin' out with a guy, and the Other Woman came in, I might express emotions of...Why The Face?
    5. What happened to the back of Vienna's hair? It reminded me of a Danish. From the front, not so bad.
    6. Gia's mother definitely has the big suspicion on. Tenley's dad is a hugger. Ali's mom questions him. I seem to have blocked any useful memory of Vienna's HTD.

Thanks, everyone, for making fun out of a yawner. No, I didn't say that you were making fun *of* a yawner....

Quote Originally Posted by kitten mittens;3814938;
    I missed all of that drivel, and glad I did! Sounds like some petty people looking for payback because the truth, as they say, hurts. I'm sorry Tenley had to deal with that. She seems like such a sweetheart. One of my favorite cast members from all seasons.

Haven't gotten to be around here much this season, so it's nice to learn a friend of hers is here to give perspective on her. My motto this season has been stay objective and try to have no favorites, but I think Tenley's great. Insta-fave with the "I was a Disney princess" background (I'm an unabashed Disney nut ), and the values she's discussed are in line with mine, so naturally I like her. Also think she's handled herself beautifully throughout the show.

Is an AFTR scheduled?
    thatsaaalotaawords...