Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3813718;
    Observations:
    1. The "no second date" or "dateless Jake" or "nice guys finish last" blather has now lost all credibility. I'm officially jumping off the Jake bandwagon because he was not honest with us. It now looks like he was never WITHOUT a girlfriend, except to film this show where he was supposedly looking for a girlfriend - which makes no sense to me at all.
    2. The reason, Jake, that you had no SECOND dates was because you were in your second or fifth or seventh YEAR of solid relationships. That's the way second dates work. They can ONLY come after first dates - simple mathematics.
    3. Christina Haney is, in my opinion, VERY cute. Hope you didn't lose her number, dude, because she puts Vienna to shame.4. Speaking of shame, things just keep getting worse for Vienna. I signed on to email tonight and had 6 different people emailing me about video. My thinking is that it's video of the previously documented topless photo shoot, but I don't know. I guess we will see.
    ETA: there's a reason why radio stations run the news again every 20 minutes. I've been reading all this stuff about Jake's girlfriends and motives posted last October and I can't believe it just got buried. I mean there are names, dates, details, and photos - and I know some people have mentioned it but it sort of got missed - at least by me - until now.
    Wow, there's a lot out there and I don't think we know Jake.
    Quote Originally Posted by fly.girl24;3728775;
    That's Christina. She wanted Jake back but he turned her down. Now she is engaged and 5 months pregnant.
    Not sure Jake will call Christina back . . . according to the above she either did have, or is about to have a baby any time!

When we first learned the information about Jake's dating history before the season aired, it gave us a different perspective of Jake from the Jake we saw on Jillian's season. He came cross so inexperienced, uncomfortable and a bumbling mess around Jillian. I am convinced now that it was all an act because he really wasn't as interested in Jillian as much as he was interested in being the next Bachelor. At the time, I bought his bumbling mess act and found him too painful to watch. Looking back now, you can tell that his behavior and laughter was forced. You can see now when he is genuinely happy and laughing when he is relaxed and comfortable as opposed to his forced behavior and laugh (the yuk-yuk laugh).

Jake is a Fake and I wonder if we will ever see the real Jake on this show. I admittedly like him better now because I have seen a bit more of the "grown-up" Jake but I am baffled by his taste in woman or what his angle is . . . . is it really his quest to find ever lasting true love . . . . with Vienna?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3813811;
    Not sure Jake will call Christina back . . . according to the above she either did have, or is about to have a baby any time!

When we first learned the information about Jake's dating history before the season aired, it gave us a different perspective of Jake from the Jake we saw on Jillian's season. He came cross so inexperienced, uncomfortable and a bumbling mess around Jillian. I am convinced now that it was all an act because he really wasn't as interested in Jillian as much as he was interested in being the next Bachelor. At the time, I bought his bumbling mess act and found him too painful to watch. Looking back now, you can tell that his behavior and laughter was forced. You can see now when he is genuinely happy and laughing when he is relaxed and comfortable as opposed to his forced behavior and laugh (the yuk-yuk laugh).

Jake is a Fake and I wonder if we will ever see the real Jake on this show. I admittedly like him better now because I have seen a bit more of the "grown-up" Jake but I am baffled by his taste in woman or what his angle is . . . . is it really his quest to find ever lasting true love . . . . with Vienna?
    MD you are amazing! Where do you find all this stuff.

At the beginning of this season I too thought Jake was forced and hard to watch. As this season has progressed I've found him easier to watch but have thought his choices have been bad. No age appropriate women left. I wonder how Elizabeth DC or one of the other more mature and sane women would handle the mess that TPTB are showing us now.

Jake would be best off to leave ala Brad. He can do better on his own obviously. He just needs to stop looking when he finds a good one!

So far I guess it just hasn't been the right time for Jake. He'll fall in love when it's the right one but more important he decides it's also the right time.
    Last edited by eowenc; 02-01-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3813526;
    Some posters have mentioned that Vienna seemed too sure of herself being there with him "in the end". Did Jake and Vienna make a deal with each other during the bungee moment sans microphones? If he was getting paid to do the show did he offer her a % ?(I know it's a crazy idea, but everything about his season started at crazy and is headed in the same direction so far).

The bigger question is why would they offer Jake money, someone who wasn't all that charismatic and fun to watch who would draw in viewers? Are most people tuning in to see the catfights? Any answers?
    Didn't someone say that the final four women get paid for making it that far? And maybe the final two get paid even more. I can see Vienna being extra sweet to Jake so she can make it to the final two, and after knowing she will get paid for making it that far. If she did refuse a rose from Jake at the final rose ceremony, it might be that she did the show hoping she would make it far enough to earn some money and planned all along to return to her boyfriend in Florida. If it could be important to Jake to earn the money he will supposedly be paid, it might also be important to Vienna to earn a nice sum of money. I think Jake has been a true Gentleman and has charisma and I think he hoped that Ali would be there for him at the final rose ceremony. It is possible that he could still get together with Ali at an ATFR ceremony. Just some thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by dhwirch;3813735;
    did I miss something? I don't remember Jake ever saying he couldn't get a second date. The inference to "dateless Jake" was when he was in 9th date. Jake has said he was "unlucky in love". To me that means he hasn't been able to find someone with whom he sees himself spending the rest of his life with. Like most people, we have a "type" of person we like to date and if you keep on dating the same type you tend to get the same result. I know quite a few women who like the "bad boy personna" kind of guy and then can't figure out why they end up being cheaters and jerks. The Bachelor gave Jake an opportunity to date different types of women. It makes me think that some of the women he didn't choose from the initial pick of 25 to 15 that people questioned was because they were to much "the same type" he dated. Whether or not he has made a wise choice from the selection he has chosen to whiddle down is yet to be determined. I don't see how this makes Jake a liar sdl And perhaps, just perhaps prior relationships that he would have liked to see develop further were ended by the other party. Hence "nice guys finish last" phrase.
    Jake did say early on in the show that he couldn't get 2nd dates. So I think this is something to consider...he may not be telling the truth.

FORT Regular

Anyone have any guesses as to what order Jake will pick the girls at the RC?

Gia has been picked 1st twice and Ali once, plus Vienna has been picked last twice.

It will be interesting to see if Jake picks Vienna before Ali (since we know they both stay) how will she react this time? I think he will pick Tenley 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3813853;
    Jake did say early on in the show that he couldn't get 2nd dates. So I think this is something to consider...he may not be telling the truth.
    Jake, not telling the truth...WHAT, Mr. Nice Guy, lies? Oh Oh that's right this is a "loosely scripted" show and he's playing his part well..I forgot I was watching a non-reality show. I'm telling ya now, Vienna the Vixen is going to dump Mr. Nice Guys Finish Last at the FRC...

Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3813853;
    I think that 2nd date thing was just an exageration, something we all do, and just meant that he's had a lot of 1st dates that didn't go anywhere - that statement of his was not really a biggy for me.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3813933;
    Jake, not telling the truth...WHAT, Mr. Nice Guy, lies? Oh Oh that's right this is a "loosely scripted" show and he's playing his part well..I forgot I was watching a non-reality show. I'm telling ya now, Vienna the Vixen is going to dump Mr. Nice Guys Finish Last at the FRC...
    I don't know about that; I just have such a hard time visualizing her saying no to Jake. She has been all about the ring, marriage, getting to be F1 that I just can't see her saying no to the glory of a proposal. What I could see is her accepting the proposal and ending it as soon as she possibly could post-show.

Quote Originally Posted by Justabachfan;3813932;
    Anyone have any guesses as to what order Jake will pick the girls at the RC?

Gia has been picked 1st twice and Ali once, plus Vienna has been picked last twice.

It will be interesting to see if Jake picks Vienna before Ali (since we know they both stay) how will she react this time? I think he will pick Tenley 1st.
    Here’s a wild guess:

Tenley
    Gia
    Vienna
    Ali

(but I keep switching Ali and Vienna, Tenley is due to get the first rose.)
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3813936;
    I think that 2nd date thing was just an exageration, something we all do, and just meant that he's had a lot of 1st dates that didn't go anywhere - that statement of his was not really a biggy for me.
    yeah but you have to think of it in terms of the male ego..What man in his right mind would go on national tv and say something that would give viewers the impression that girls don't give him a second chance, that he's a dud of a first date... Most men will exaggerate it to the other extreme and blame it on the women. The women weren't worthy of him or they were ugly or whatever excuse he needed.

Plus if this was true then Jake had a plethora, well not really but he had at least 20, women that were Good Girls that he could have chosen from. Of which 3 are in the F5 Corrie is a virgin, Tenley is a disney Princess, Ali, well she's questionable, but she does have 4.0 gpa even if she does "act" like a brat at times. Then there was Jessie was who was normal, Ella was normal and conservative., Kathryn was so uneventful we can't decide if she was normal, but from what we saw she seemed like someone stable and reserved...so I'm not buying the Mr. Nice Church Guy anymore. :nono

I think this was the story line that Fliess is going with: Nice Guys Finish Last. Jake gets dumped by Vienna the Vixen at the FRC.