Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Newer ABC contract

Re: Newer ABC contract

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3565279;
    You'll have the full contract soon but my recollection is that it said you could leave, but that you HAD to do it on camera.......and maybe there was some penalty if you messed up their filming? Honestly, it's been months since I read this thing but we'll soon be refreshed.
    Yeah, I read that prat of the contract and right away thought of Ed!

I'm not a lawyer, but a little bit of contract law was in my professional training, and I recall that in order for a contract to be fully enforceable there has to be an element of negotiation. This is why you can't ask someone to sign a pre-nup 5 minutes before the wedding; it would be deemed to have been coerced. So if they truly are not giving people time to read and negotiate, then they have actually weakened their standing in any court action involving the contract. That doesn't mean it's useless, just not as ironclad as it looks. And anyone who deals regularly with contracts would know this - hence, signing anyway. Yes, you would understand that you've just given ABC huge rights to present you as they wish, but could they really keep you from ever saying anything like Wes did? I think the threat is bigger than the bite.

Quote Originally Posted by stephj24;3565380;
    OK here we go. This should work:

http://tinyurl.com/m4fbzb

Courtsey of sdl...thank you!!!

Steph

Thanks SDL and Steph ..... interesting read.

I've moved this sticky thread over from the Bachelorette forum since it applies to Bachelor shows as well.

I am looking for a copy of the newest contract in it's entirety.

The link to Astrochicks blog on page 1 only has part 1, but states that the contract is 22 pages long.

RS also has one which he alludes to as being 22 pages long.

The one provided by SDL (from '06) is 21 pages long, so there must be a newer version out there somewhere.

TIA.

Just wondering
    Do these ladies (men) have agents? If they are truly recruited "off the street" they probably don't, right? or are they advised to get an entertainment lawyer/agent to represent them by the staff? I am not speaking of a Gia or a Trista that works in the industry, just the girl/guy off the street so to speak.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3817596;
    Just wondering
    Do these ladies (men) have agents? If they are truly recruited "off the street" they probably don't, right? or are they advised to get an entertainment lawyer/agent to represent them by the staff? I am not speaking of a Gia or a Trista that works in the industry, just the girl/guy off the street so to speak.

They would need some type of legal representation to get through this contract. I seriously doubt anyone would sign it without having it explained to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3819976;
    They would need some type of legal representation to get through this contract. I seriously doubt anyone would sign it without having it explained to them.
    I assumed so too, but I think many times people do. I remember that Brad Womack's friend Jason said that Brad never read it, and I believed him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345