Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Newer ABC contract

sdl

Re: Newer ABC contract

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3565250;
    Early on, Chris H used to say at the rose ceremony...if you are offered a rose, and you don't see yourself with the Bachelor/ette, then you can and should refuse the rose.

He doesn't say that anymore...in fact, the ones that do want to leave (ex-Graham) are asked/told to pretend they are being rejected. I think I remember one of the other guys hinting that several wanted to leave or at least several weren't into Deanna.

I have gotten that same vibe this season.

I wonder if the new contracts say that you can't leave until you are dismissed? Or do they say that you can leave but you have to agree to be written out according to their script?
    You'll have the full contract soon but my recollection is that it said you could leave, but that you HAD to do it on camera.......and maybe there was some penalty if you messed up their filming? Honestly, it's been months since I read this thing but we'll soon be refreshed.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by stephj24;3565276;
    The easiest way (I can think of) would be to post it on a webpage. I would be happy to post it on my own webpage/domain/server if no one else is able to.

Thanks again for all the tidbits you provide. It's much appreciated!

Steph
    Ok, I'm not kidding when I say that I only know how to attach pdf's to emails.
    Could you PM me an email address - anyone's I don't care - as long as you can access it and then bring it to the thread?
    Thanks.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3565291;
    Ok, I'm not kidding when I say that I only know how to attach pdf's to emails.
    Could you PM me an email address - anyone's I don't care - as long as you can access it and then bring it to the thread?
    Thanks.
    No problem, PM sent with my email address.

Steph

FORT Newbie

OK here we go. This should work:

http://tinyurl.com/m4fbzb

Courtsey of sdl...thank you!!!

Steph

I'm bringing over two of sdl's posts about the contract that he saw, that were originally posted in February 2009. The first is what I'll call confidentiality highlights:
    There is a separate confidentiality agreement, which I haven't had time to read yet, but the Participant's Agreement has several new provisions on confidentiality which the agreement says mirror the Confidentiality Agreement.
    Briefly, because I'm late to a meeting (very sorry):
    * From the time of you leave filming until airing of the final episode, no contact of any kind with other participants (kinda makes you wonder how Jason & Molly kept in contact)
    * No disclosure of anything that occurs during filming, or the final outcome (1 year from date the final episode airs) - references that $5 million penalty again here, which is widely ignored
    * Will not disclose for 2 years the details of any relationship developed on the show
    * May not date anyone outside the show from the date the contract was signed until 2 weeks after the final episode is aired (carry over from 2002 contract)
    Hope this helps....thanks.
    There is a much longer post that is an overview of the contract. I'll link it here. http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/bachelor-spoilers-speculation/79624-rs-predictions-spoilers-1045.html#post3335917
    The last line of this post:
    The point of what I'm saying is that I read a lot of stuff on the board about ABC and their team of lawyers, and why people couldn't do something because of this contract...and it's all fiction. The contract is crap and the lawyers are weak, and never has ABC effectively enforced this document, because, well, good luck trying.
    There may be other posts in the Fort archives that discuss the contract that will facilitate discussion here. Feel free to quote them, and link to them so we can all participate.

Dang, if you get married within 2 years, you have to let them film it?! Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by stephj24;3565380;

Steph
    Whoa...first of all, why in the HE** would ANYONE sign that thing, and second of all, sounds like a couple of this season's bachelors could be in deep...uh...trouble. WOW.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by stephj24;3565380;

Steph

Unless I'm mistaken, they can eat, sleep, and breathe, smile occasionally, and speak even less. Unbelieveable.

I truly wonder if these people understand what they are signing. I wonder if the contract is explained to them completely.

Thank you SDL and Steph for getting this contract posted for us to read. I was eye opening and I won't encourage my son to apply to be The Bachelor anymore!

Thanks, as always, pajamasam, for a thought-provoking thread.
    Thanks, as always, sdl, esq., for the goods.

This nugget caught my eye, a propos this season and last. ETA: bolding added for emphasis.

"I understand that the Series is an unscripted and/or
    reality series that may involve the element of surprise. I have been informed
    and understand that I should be prepared for anything, at any time during the
    production of the Series and that the Series may involve 'twists' and that
    that Producer may make misrepresentations intentionally or unintentionally
    concerning the Series and/or any element or aspect of the Series. Said
    misrepresentations may be made by, without limitation, Producer, Host, other
    Series Participants,
    Producer’s affiliates and/or other parties connected to
    the show. Being so informed, I voluntarily agree to participate in the Series."
    Last edited by bamabrain; 07-12-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks SDL! I have a question for you....why did Jeremy, a lawyer, ever sign this garbage?!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast