Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

"If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

I say False.

(I don't know how to make a poll)

Edit (I meant RS) Mods? can you edit it for me, I cannot edit the topic thread. Thanks.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 03-04-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Re: "I you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RM) True or False information?

True. I say Jason was coerced BIG TIME by Fleiss or tptb. This was all a set up, as I see it. I think at the time, they wanted Melissa to be the next bachelorette. Thus, the cruel proposing, and then resulting in dumping her. He wanted Molly all along, IMO.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Re: "I you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RM) True or False information?

I say true in the sense that Jason had to break up with Melissa on camera in order to start pursuing Molly before the series finished airing, and that's why they filmed the first AFTR so early.

angelic, I agree they had intended for Melissa to be the next Bachelorette.

The only set up to me was Jason being coerced into proposing when he probably wasn't ready. Or perhaps he wanted so much to be "engaged" that was his own dumb mistake. And I do think they made Jason believe he had to do the break up on tv and he was too wussy and uneducated to stand up to them and they dangled letting him see Molly right away as a carrot. So ABC behaved pretty badly and made this much more than just another couple break up.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3366938;
    I say true in the sense that Jason had to break up with Melissa on camera in order to start pursuing Molly before the series finished airing, and that's why they filmed the first AFTR so early.

angelic, I agree they had intended for Melissa to be the next Bachelorette.
    Exactly!!! I think the producers struck a 'deal' with Jason. Break-up with Melissa on TV and we'll arrange for you and Molly to see each other. I believe Jason was an idiot and went along with it.

I'm not sure about that part although obviously the rest of RS's spoiler was true. Is Jason a good enough actor to pull off such a credible proposal? I just don't know although obviously the whole DeAnna part was fake and designed to make it seem she's telling him to pick Melissa.

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;3366965;
    The only set up to me was Jason being coerced into proposing when he probably wasn't ready. Or perhaps he wanted so much to be "engaged" that was his own dumb mistake. And I do think they made Jason believe he had to do the break up on tv and he was too wussy and uneducated to stand up to them and they dangled letting him see Molly right away as a carrot. So ABC behaved pretty badly and made this much more than just another couple break up.
    I agree bizbach!

I think that during the fantasy of filiming the show, Jason fell in love with Melissa. He proposed to her because he believed he was in love with her. When they got back to the real world, Jason realized she was not the best fit for him and he still loved Molly. That is real life - that kind of thing happens all the time. Where Jason went wrong is that he agreed to break up with Melissa on camera, and I do think the producers were the ones that convinced him to do it. It is clear that Melissa knew their relationship was not going well and that Jason was not over Molly when she went on ATFR 1. Apparently, Melissa did not expect Jason to break up with her on camera and then profess his love for Molly publicly. That was a horrible thing to do to Melissa and both Jason and the producers should feel awful about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ecbyeh;3367036;
    I think that during the fantasy of filiming the show, Jason fell in love with Melissa. He proposed to her because he believed he was in love with her. When they got back to the real world, Jason realized she was not the best fit for him and he still loved Molly. That is real life - that kind of thing happens all the time. Where Jason went wrong is that he agreed to break up with Melissa on camera, and I do think the producers were the ones that convinced him to do it. It is clear that Melissa knew their relationship was not going well and that Jason was not over Molly when she went on ATFR 1. Apparently, Melissa did not expect Jason to break up with her on camera and then profess his love for Molly publicly. That was a horrible thing to do to Melissa and both Jason and the producers should feel awful about it.
    I agree the producers probably convinced him to do it after Jason changed his mind. He didn't have to agree with abc and that's where he's in trouble with public opinion.
    What RS implies is that it was a setup from the beginning (well now around the last 5 bachelorettes) between a handful of producers and Jason. IMO this is false information.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3367046;
    I agree the producers probably convinced him to do it after Jason changed his mind. He didn't have to agree with abc and that's where he's in trouble with public opinion.
    What RS implies is that it was a setup from the beginning (well now around the last 5 bachelorettes) between a handful of producers and Jason. IMO this is false information.
    I agree with you that having Jason pick Melissa only to dump her was not set up from the beginning. I think the dumping of Melissa on TV was a set up, but only from the time Jason told the producers he wanted to switch to Molly. The producers saw it as a way to salvage their season when they realized they were not going to get the fairy tale ending they had been hoping for. They did end up with great ratings, but they lost a lot of the good will of the audience.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast