Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

FORT Regular

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3368589;
    ZulaMay,

I have been on the same page as you for some time now. I think it is entirely feasible and very reasonable that this thing was scripted and planned from F5. I think moving up the taping of the ATFR was also very significant in the scheme of things. They have never had to do that before. I think Melissa might have sensed what was happening with Jason and Molly. Things would surely have been deteriorating with Jason and Melissa fairly rapidly, because their engagement was based on deception. Jason was anxious to be rid of Melissa and be with Molly. Also, Melissa may have been catching up that something was rotten in Denmark, so to speak. (I think that's Hamlet?)

I will always be haunted by Melissa's words during the ATFR 1. If you go back and listen again, as I did yesterday, everything she says makes perfect sense and reinforces the idea that all this was staged. She kept asking him what was wrong, why wouldn't he fight to be with her, what did she do. She came right out and asked Jason if he had been seeing Molly. So she had her suspicions. But the one comment that really grabbed me was when she said to him - "Something happened. What happened?" As far as I am concerned that seals it for me. The "something" that happened was that Jason made a fake proposal and it was set up for him to dump her on national TV and be with Molly. So their relationship was never real.

You could see it all on Melissa's face as she sat there and the full realization of what was happening hit her full force. If they had a shred of decency, then they just could have let Jason break up with her and then let her go, without throwing in her face the fact that he wanted to be with Molly and couldn't stop thinking about her while he was with Melissa.

To do this in the way that they did was guaranteed to exact maximum pain and hurt and humiliation from Melissa. Unforgivable!
    I think you are both spot on! Melissa WAS blindsided. CH tried to say today on Ellen that she wasn't - but just because she saw the train coming didn't mean it didn't hurt like hell when it hit! He was so vague and dishonest, he wasn't credible. I think you are right - she was getting serious and planning to move, probably even contacting TY or doing something that involved him and that is when Jason said enough.

CH said on Ellen today that when he received the surprise call after the holidays that Jason wanted to be with Molly instead of Melissa (yeah right, I bet it was a real surprise), they decided to film the ATFR right away because they had never had this happen. BALONEY! How many couples came out on the ATFR pretending to be happy, only to break up within a month???

This is all contrived....I'm certain of it and glad that RS had the courage to blow the roof off. ABC can smile all the way to the bank for the high ratings. But Jason has to live with the stink of it all.

FORT Newbie

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

I totally believe that Molly was in on this. It was so strange that Jason breaks off his engagement to Mellisa and five minutes later he tells Molly that he is still in love with her. Molly on the other hand says yes lets see where this will go and kisses him. Excuse me but WHY would you want to kiss someone that just broke up with his fiance five minutes ago. I don't think any women would take him back that fast.This was so fake with such poor acting it was disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by krista000;3369039;
    I totally believe that Molly was in on this. It was so strange that Jason breaks off his engagement to Mellisa and five minutes later he tells Molly that he is still in love with her. Molly on the other hand says yes lets see where this will go and kisses him. Excuse me but WHY would you want to kiss someone that just broke up with his fiance five minutes ago. I don't think any women would take him back that fast.This was so fake with such poor acting it was disgusting.
    I tend to agree that Molly must have had at least some advance notice at the ATFR1 either from Jason or from TPTB (and for all we know, she may have initiated the whole thing - she is competitive enough), but I do not believe that she was in on it from the start! As I already mentioned it does not look like there was a conspiracy, just heavy scripting in the ATFR, once Jason and Melissa's relationship fell apart!

Having said that, if one is to believe some of CH blog (and I am not saying I necessarily do), I could see TPTB "convincing" Jason to go with Melissa at the FRC, knowing he was lost and mixed up. This was done, not with the intent of making the switch, but to have the love story they were thinking existed. Maybe they were even giving him reassurances that if it does not work out, they will allow him an opportunity with Molly. If that was the case, you could make a very good argument that TPTB caused all this (Fleiss). Of course, it does not excuse some of Jason's behavior!

Either way, a pretty bad mess!

True. I think Jason knew early on and played along.

FORT Fanatic

One simple question: When was the first episode of Jason's season aired? Anyone know the date?

They showed the overhead (far away) shot of him twirling Melissa and it was easy to see he was with a short brunette. I remember thinking -why in the world would they let us see who he picked? We know now they did it because it didn't really end as it would have seemed.

I think it started airing in very early January. Figuring it might have taken a day or two to decide on airing the twirling scene where you can see Melissa (and to produce it), I would guess they were aware that J&M were done well before "the holidays" were over.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl;3369156;
    One simple question: When was the first episode of Jason's season aired? Anyone know the date?

They showed the overhead (far away) shot of him twirling Melissa and it was easy to see he was with a short brunette. I remember thinking -why in the world would they let us see who he picked? We know now they did it because it didn't really end as it would have seemed.

I think it started airing in very early January. Figuring it might have taken a day or two to decide on airing the twirling scene where you can see Melissa (and to produce it), I would guess they were aware that J&M were done well before "the holidays" were over.
    January 5th
    F3 becomes F1, but not F2.....oh well, he tried.

Quote Originally Posted by krista000;3369039;
    I don't think she was in on it until after the proposal and he got home. If she had known, she wouldn't have acted so nasty about Melissa, knowing Mel would see that. I think she found out the week after and her and Jason starting seeing each other. Mel caught on quick something was up, so they scheduled the AFT1 quickly before it all hit the fan. Jason probably told her a few days before he wasn't sure about them and gave her a heads up, but I dont think she thought he was completely ending things, just maybe dating and not gettin married anytime soon. So in a way she was blindsided, especially about him wanting Molly.

Quote Originally Posted by ohboyyy;3367356;
    There is a precedent for this kind of scripting on TB, and there were several incidences when foreshadowing was occurring beyond what can be tweaked by editing the video footage after the fact (e.g., DeAnna advising Jason to more or less pick Melissa).
    I would have to say no to the "you have to choose Melissa to get Molly" in the idea that they drummed this entire theory out of their heads and Jason just said, "Yeah, sure, let's do that." Anything's possible, but I wouldn't see that happening. The conspiracy theory is a part of why I had such a hard time believing the whole thing in the first place.

However, I could see them continue to try to nudge Jason toward Melissa, to pick Melissa, to keep that "fairy tale" going until the very end.
    And you know Chris made a comment in one of his interviews that they thought they had the show locked and loaded with Jason and Melissa from day one, and that people were gonna love him, love them... They probably thought they had the golden cow -- a couple that MIGHT just actually make it to the altar, based on what CH said he and the crew all saw.

If they saw his feelings sway toward Molly, I could see them doing whatever they could to stem that, to bring him back toward Melissa, push and prod and manipulate. In those emails (if they are real), Melissa made comments about their relationship being produced... it sounds very much like there were some puppet strings behind the man (Jason). Not that it excuses his choices, he let them pull the strings if that's the case. That's on him. But I could see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesapphire78;3368215;
    True. I'm just lending my 2 cents worth. I watched and followed the boards now and then throughout the season. I liked Jason and I still like Jason. I think it's unfortunate that he was manipulated into the entire situation. I don't see Jason as a spineless person, but I do think he would be oblivious to how things are ran in "hollywood" (he's just an average guy and leads an average life like the rest of us) and I think he probably took the terms of his contract very seriously and had no choice in ending things with Melissa while being taped for TV. I DO NOT see him as someone who would purposely hurt anybody and I bet knowing what he now knows if he could do it over again, he would have stood his ground with ABC's requests. Judging by Melissa's behavior I think she knew what was coming. I also do not think Molly was acting when Jason turned her away during the last episode and I do think she was crushed. I just think she is much more emotionally reserved than Melissa and I also think she is more mature than Melissa is. I will say this..when Jason proposed to Melissa, the joy never reaches his eyes. Maybe he was just drained from the day..but for whatever reason, I don't think his heart was in that proposal....which is why I think he was pressured into proposing to Melissa when he really wanted to be with Molly. If he was for some reason, not pressured into this scenario, then he immediately knew he'd made a mistake the minute he closed the door to Molly's limo. ABC really took advantage of all three people involved in my opinion and I think all three people truly suffer from t desire for the almighty ratings on behalf of ABC which is sadly how things work in the tv world. I certainly wish Melissa, Jason and Molly all the best.
    Great post, ITA and welcome to the FORT.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenn;3367883;
    False. I don't think that the producers have total control over who the Bachelor picks. It would depend on what's in the contract, but I can't imagine that there's a clause saying the producer will pick the winner. There may be something that says he has to consider the producer's input, but I seriously doubt he's contractually obligated to select the producer's pick.

However, after the show I think he was told "If you want Molly, you have break up with Melissa on air." I think there must have been something in the contract which would have prevented Jason from dating any of the other women for some amount of time after the show airs. Does anyone know if there's a clause like that? I'm guessing that this is what happened:

- Jason goes to the producers saying he's not in love with Melissa and wants Molly.
    - Producers point to clause saying he's not allowed to date any of the other women.
    - Jason says he really wants Molly and doesn't want her to get away.
    - Producers offer him a deal that if he dumps Melissa on the air, he can date Molly.

A contract barring him from dating the other women is the only reason I can think of for it working out like this. Without a restriction like that, he would have just dumped Melissa and called Molly himself.
    SDL found wording, to that affect, in the contract. The participants can't make any contact with any of the other bachelors/ettes, during the course/airing of the Show. (I'm paraphasing) Check with SDL for the contract language.