Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3368017;
    I absolutely believe that there was a plan and major manipulation and machinations going on at some point during this season. I didn't believe that it was planned beforehand or from the very beginning, but at some point TPTB saw Jason fall for Molly in a big way and they decided to squeeze all the drama and ratings they possibly could out of the whole thing.

I do not care about the specific question as to whether RS was wrong or right. I think that gets in the way of trying to think this through rationally and logically. Also, I am not willing to shoot the messenger because of the message. It seems absurd that all this just fell into place. How incredibly convenient!

I do believe that TPTB manipulated, coerced, pressured or whatever word you want to use, to get Jason to propose to Melissa. At that point he seemed so confused himself that he should have had enough sense to just back off and wait a while. I do think he wanted Molly. His relationship with Melissa was over before it began, because he picked her when he really wanted Molly. This guy is so wishy-washy that I think anyone could manipulate him to do anything.

There were other sources confirming what RS knew. So it's not like he is the only one to have this information. There was so much that was just not right. It was way too obvious with Melissa as F1. Then we saw the screencaps of Deanna getting thrown into this to muddie the waters even more. Molly's inexplicable confidence, almost to the point of smugness, was also strange. No one is ever that confident as the season winds down toward the end.

I thought that FRC was just so wrong. I could see it in Jason's eyes. He SO did not want to let Molly go. Whether he was afraid to actually propose or not, he wanted her and didn't let her go willingly. I will never believe that his proposal to Melissa was real. He was going through the motions and, as soon as the cameras stopped rolling, there was trouble with the two of them. I guess he didn't even try to fake it with her for very long.
    You make very good points. Your theory that production pushed and manipulated Jason's heart for Melissa to be F1 makes a lot of sense. Not that it excuses his actions but Jason could very well have been brainwashed to chose Melissa and then "wake up" and realize he really wanted Molly.

Re: "I you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RM) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by sluether28;3368064;
    I'm not so much sure that they dangled seeing Molly right away as much as they let Jason know she'd be the next Bachelorette if he didn't act fast.
    Yeah, very possible.

Re: "I you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RM) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;3366965;
    The only set up to me was Jason being coerced into proposing when he probably wasn't ready. Or perhaps he wanted so much to be "engaged" that was his own dumb mistake. And I do think they made Jason believe he had to do the break up on tv and he was too wussy and uneducated to stand up to them and they dangled letting him see Molly right away as a carrot. So ABC behaved pretty badly and made this much more than just another couple break up.
    Other than the wussy and uneducated part, I agree with this post.

FORT Newbie

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

True. I'm just lending my 2 cents worth. I watched and followed the boards now and then throughout the season. I liked Jason and I still like Jason. I think it's unfortunate that he was manipulated into the entire situation. I don't see Jason as a spineless person, but I do think he would be oblivious to how things are ran in "hollywood" (he's just an average guy and leads an average life like the rest of us) and I think he probably took the terms of his contract very seriously and had no choice in ending things with Melissa while being taped for TV. I DO NOT see him as someone who would purposely hurt anybody and I bet knowing what he now knows if he could do it over again, he would have stood his ground with ABC's requests. Judging by Melissa's behavior I think she knew what was coming. I also do not think Molly was acting when Jason turned her away during the last episode and I do think she was crushed. I just think she is much more emotionally reserved than Melissa and I also think she is more mature than Melissa is. I will say this..when Jason proposed to Melissa, the joy never reaches his eyes. Maybe he was just drained from the day..but for whatever reason, I don't think his heart was in that proposal....which is why I think he was pressured into proposing to Melissa when he really wanted to be with Molly. If he was for some reason, not pressured into this scenario, then he immediately knew he'd made a mistake the minute he closed the door to Molly's limo. ABC really took advantage of all three people involved in my opinion and I think all three people truly suffer from t desire for the almighty ratings on behalf of ABC which is sadly how things work in the tv world. I certainly wish Melissa, Jason and Molly all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesapphire78;3368215;
    True. I'm just lending my 2 cents worth. I watched and followed the boards now and then throughout the season. I liked Jason and I still like Jason. I think it's unfortunate that he was manipulated into the entire situation. I don't see Jason as a spineless person, but I do think he would be oblivious to how things are ran in "hollywood" (he's just an average guy and leads an average life like the rest of us) and I think he probably took the terms of his contract very seriously and had no choice in ending things with Melissa while being taped for TV. I DO NOT see him as someone who would purposely hurt anybody and I bet knowing what he now knows if he could do it over again, he would have stood his ground with ABC's requests. Judging by Melissa's behavior I think she knew what was coming. I also do not think Molly was acting when Jason turned her away during the last episode and I do think she was crushed. I just think she is much more emotionally reserved than Melissa and I also think she is more mature than Melissa is. I will say this..when Jason proposed to Melissa, the joy never reaches his eyes. Maybe he was just drained from the day..but for whatever reason, I don't think his heart was in that proposal....which is why I think he was pressured into proposing to Melissa when he really wanted to be with Molly. If he was for some reason, not pressured into this scenario, then he immediately knew he'd made a mistake the minute he closed the door to Molly's limo. ABC really took advantage of all three people involved in my opinion and I think all three people truly suffer from t desire for the almighty ratings on behalf of ABC which is sadly how things work in the tv world. I certainly wish Melissa, Jason and Molly all the best.
    Very wise post. Welcome to FORT

I noticed too (the bold part). His eyes were not at all in the moment.

This season, I'm not a fan of anyone in particular but I do have a soft spot for Molly. Something about her I really like. I wish them all the best too but each on his own

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bluesapphire78;3368215;
    I agree and I wish them all nothing but the best. I don't like that he dumped her on national t.v. but I do think that he actually thought that he did not have a choice. In all of this we need to direct our anger at ABC. But they are probably jumping up and down with all the high ratings and news around this. And that is what sucks IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3367372;
    Yeah but Andy was going to end up with Tessa, regardless. The others were just fillers.
    And Andy told one of those "fillers" "I Love You" at the frc site and as many as 2 times before that. Did the producer make him do that? Andy is someone who has been a limelight seeker since day one of his season and I would personally take nothing he says about his show or anyone else on one of the shows with a grain of salt.

FORT Fogey

I have every reason to believe RS. Not that it was scripted from the beginning, but apparently from F5. They had to move up the ATFR so that Jason could break it off with Mel before she actually finalized plans to move to Seattle. Also, so he could be with Molly.

He has been such a jerk this season that I see no reason to believe the best of him. I think the truth will emerge.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sluether28;3368064;
    I'm not so much sure that they dangled seeing Molly right away as much as they let Jason know she'd be the next Bachelorette if he didn't act fast.
    Possible. BUT would Jason do this charade, knowing he would probably risk his credibility as a man and a human being if front of America just over a women? If he is that fricken stupid I would be surprised. I believe there was a bigger incentive called money. I really believe there was a "verbal agreement" done here on this setup with a sizeable monetary incentive for him to participate in this switcheroo.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3368494;
    I have every reason to believe RS. Not that it was scripted from the beginning, but apparently from F5. They had to move up the ATFR so that Jason could break it off with Mel before she actually finalized plans to move to Seattle. Also, so he could be with Molly.

He has been such a jerk this season that I see no reason to believe the best of him. I think the truth will emerge.

ZulaMay,

I have been on the same page as you for some time now. I think it is entirely feasible and very reasonable that this thing was scripted and planned from F5. I think moving up the taping of the ATFR was also very significant in the scheme of things. They have never had to do that before. I think Melissa might have sensed what was happening with Jason and Molly. Things would surely have been deteriorating with Jason and Melissa fairly rapidly, because their engagement was based on deception. Jason was anxious to be rid of Melissa and be with Molly. Also, Melissa may have been catching up that something was rotten in Denmark, so to speak. (I think that's Hamlet?)

I will always be haunted by Melissa's words during the ATFR 1. If you go back and listen again, as I did yesterday, everything she says makes perfect sense and reinforces the idea that all this was staged. She kept asking him what was wrong, why wouldn't he fight to be with her, what did she do. She came right out and asked Jason if he had been seeing Molly. So she had her suspicions. But the one comment that really grabbed me was when she said to him - "Something happened. What happened?" As far as I am concerned that seals it for me. The "something" that happened was that Jason made a fake proposal and it was set up for him to dump her on national TV and be with Molly. So their relationship was never real.

You could see it all on Melissa's face as she sat there and the full realization of what was happening hit her full force. If they had a shred of decency, then they just could have let Jason break up with her and then let her go, without throwing in her face the fact that he wanted to be with Molly and couldn't stop thinking about her while he was with Melissa.

To do this in the way that they did was guaranteed to exact maximum pain and hurt and humiliation from Melissa. Unforgivable!