Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Well I was just reading an article about this fiasco at Usmag. Here is a quote from dbag himself Jason.

"He says he ultimately didn't ask Molly to marry him the first time because he was scared. "

To me I believe there is far more to this whole fiasco then we will ever know. I don't think it was a set up from the get go, but I believe there was some major crapola going on that we will never find out. What a complete dirtbag for the way he handled all of this. I though he was a complete gentleman, but I see other wise now.
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_peach;3367989;
    Well I was just reading an article about this fiasco at Usmag. Here is a quote from dbag himself Jason.

"He says he ultimately didn't ask Molly to marry him the first time because he was scared. "

To me I believe there is far more to this whole fiasco then we will ever know. I don't think it was a set up from the get go, but I believe there was some major crapola going on that we will never find out. What a complete dirtbag for the way he handled all of this. I though he was a complete gentleman, but I see other wise now.
    WHAT A WUSS!

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_peach;3367989;

Oh good grief. He was scared so he proposed to someone else? WTH?

Seriously, Jason should shut up at this point. Every time he opens his mouth he makes himself look worse and worse.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

Oh good grief indeed, Jason: shut up, you're making it worse.

This was not scripted. Jason just made some stupid decisions and unfortunaltey he is going to live with that for the rest of his life. He needs to stop thinking of excuses...we get it dude, you screwed up big time...time to move on.

I absolutely believe that there was a plan and major manipulation and machinations going on at some point during this season. I didn't believe that it was planned beforehand or from the very beginning, but at some point TPTB saw Jason fall for Molly in a big way and they decided to squeeze all the drama and ratings they possibly could out of the whole thing.

I do not care about the specific question as to whether RS was wrong or right. I think that gets in the way of trying to think this through rationally and logically. Also, I am not willing to shoot the messenger because of the message. It seems absurd that all this just fell into place. How incredibly convenient!

I do believe that TPTB manipulated, coerced, pressured or whatever word you want to use, to get Jason to propose to Melissa. At that point he seemed so confused himself that he should have had enough sense to just back off and wait a while. I do think he wanted Molly. His relationship with Melissa was over before it began, because he picked her when he really wanted Molly. This guy is so wishy-washy that I think anyone could manipulate him to do anything.

There were other sources confirming what RS knew. So it's not like he is the only one to have this information. There was so much that was just not right. It was way too obvious with Melissa as F1. Then we saw the screencaps of Deanna getting thrown into this to muddie the waters even more. Molly's inexplicable confidence, almost to the point of smugness, was also strange. No one is ever that confident as the season winds down toward the end.

I thought that FRC was just so wrong. I could see it in Jason's eyes. He SO did not want to let Molly go. Whether he was afraid to actually propose or not, he wanted her and didn't let her go willingly. I will never believe that his proposal to Melissa was real. He was going through the motions and, as soon as the cameras stopped rolling, there was trouble with the two of them. I guess he didn't even try to fake it with her for very long.

FORT Regular

I was leaning against it being scripted this morning, but a couple of things have been nagging at me. As I just posted in another thread, RS has been sticking to his guns that this switcheroo was scripted from very early on in the process. While he is beginning to get on my nerves, I think he makes a fair point in his latest blog entry that his sources were completely correct on everything else, so why shouldn't we believe them on this?

Well we all know who will wear the pants in that house, it won't be the wuss. He must get excited being bossed around. He really does just need to shut up already.
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

FORT Newbie

I say false. I very much believe that Jason really had strong feelings for both women. I also think that he was pretty conflicted. But I think he ultimately decided on Molly. Then he told producers he wanted Molly and I think that's when they started screwing with his head.

I think the producers saw a better connection and love story with Mel and wanted him to end up with her. Not to mention that Mel was easier to warm up to and like than Molly. I'm sure they want another love story, and with the new contract clause (sorry I don't remember the exact details) but roughly it said they had the rights to the wedding and only have to pay $10,000 for it. So they had a lot to gain by having a happy loving couple fall in love and get married again.

So they had Deanna come in. They had her tell Jason, I picked my wild card and I shouldn't have. I regret it and live with that decision. You were everything I was looking for but I picked my wild card. That made Jason really think. Jason has said over and over Mel was everything that he was looking for. Mel was everything he thought he wanted and she was loyal and loving. I think that Jason then started thinking that if Mel was everything he had wanted going into the show, then maybe that's what he would still want outside of the show. And I think this is how his decision came to be formed.

But once the show stopped, he couldn't get Molly out of his head. The what if's became too much and he told the producers he wanted Molly. From there, I believe they said, if you want Molly, break up with Mel on camera. I think he may have had hesitations or reservations about it, but the producers probably manipulated him and said something along the lines of, do it on camera. If you don't you can't have contact with Molly per your contract and by the time the show ends, Molly will be our next bachelorette (whether or not we really think she was in the running, I think they certainly put fear in Jason making him think that). I do however believe that Mel knew what was going to go down and that she wasn't blindsided. I think she wanted to make it appear that way so she got sympathy and people felt sorry and bad for her. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;3367991;
    Oh good grief. He was scared so he proposed to someone else? WTH?

Seriously, Jason should shut up at this point. Every time he opens his mouth he makes himself look worse and worse.
    No, no, no. We misunderstand him. He was scared so he proposed to someone else that he was completely in love with. See? That explains that one better. What a
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fan

Re: "I you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RM) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;3366965;
    The only set up to me was Jason being coerced into proposing when he probably wasn't ready. Or perhaps he wanted so much to be "engaged" that was his own dumb mistake. And I do think they made Jason believe he had to do the break up on tv and he was too wussy and uneducated to stand up to them and they dangled letting him see Molly right away as a carrot. So ABC behaved pretty badly and made this much more than just another couple break up.

I'm not so much sure that they dangled seeing Molly right away as much as they let Jason know she'd be the next Bachelorette if he didn't act fast.