Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by ohboyyy;3367565;
    I just looked up Martin Hilton and found he was the senior producer for a Reality show called The Two-Timer. The promo for it says, "Meet Chris. . . . He loves women and just can't say no to them. . . . He loves all women and wants to please them and make them happy. But... he is dating six women at the same time! . . . And then there is the biggest question of them all: what will happen to Chris when the six women he's dating find out that they are not the 'only one' and that they are dating a real-life two-timer?"

I wonder if this Two-Timer show was Martin's inspiration for this season of The Bachelor!
    Holy cow. Good sleuthing! This explains why he and Fleiss make such a "good" team. What a bunch of losers.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3367325;
    It is the BIGGEST and more DAMAGING info that RS has made. Bring on the proof! Until then, I say it is false.
    RS stated as fact ; J picks Mel, J dumps Mel, picks Molly. The planned from the beginning he said was speculation on his part with no hard proof. It almost seems a hysterical first reaction to the shocking news.

Since then he's amended from the start to around the F5, so he's backed off a bit on the evil plan so early in the game bit. I'd put the plotting in place at F3, a response to real life events. Truth is usually stranger than fiction.
    Carpe diem

FORT Newbie

Re: "I you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RM) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by kanona29;3366984;
    Exactly!!! I think the producers struck a 'deal' with Jason. Break-up with Melissa on TV and we'll arrange for you and Molly to see each other. I believe Jason was an idiot and went along with it.
    This is what I think happened as well.

FORT Regular

False. I don't think that the producers have total control over who the Bachelor picks. It would depend on what's in the contract, but I can't imagine that there's a clause saying the producer will pick the winner. There may be something that says he has to consider the producer's input, but I seriously doubt he's contractually obligated to select the producer's pick.

However, after the show I think he was told "If you want Molly, you have break up with Melissa on air." I think there must have been something in the contract which would have prevented Jason from dating any of the other women for some amount of time after the show airs. Does anyone know if there's a clause like that? I'm guessing that this is what happened:

- Jason goes to the producers saying he's not in love with Melissa and wants Molly.
    - Producers point to clause saying he's not allowed to date any of the other women.
    - Jason says he really wants Molly and doesn't want her to get away.
    - Producers offer him a deal that if he dumps Melissa on the air, he can date Molly.

A contract barring him from dating the other women is the only reason I can think of for it working out like this. Without a restriction like that, he would have just dumped Melissa and called Molly himself.

I think it is false.

(Thinking)

I think it is believable that the producers wanted him to choose Mel for the on camera break up

I think that Jason wanted to choose Molly

I think that TPTB got nervous and brought Deanna in to scare Jason out of his decision

Thus you have Jason proposing to Melissa and the infamous breakup

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

I lean toward "true" on the idea of a set-up, realizing we'll never know for sure!

I don't think it was scripted from the very beginning of filming, but I do buy the theory that somewhere around F5/F4/F3 the producers hatched the plan when they saw that Jason was shifting his attention from Melissa to Molly. I don't think the producers expected it, and I bet they figured that America wouldn't, either. Thus! The switcheroo plan -- and the "most dramatic ATFR ever" -- was crafted, with drama and ratings in mind.

Also, I've been leaning all along toward the idea that Molly was NOT "in on it" until after the FRC. Watching her limo ride of rejection in which she slams Melissa further convinces me: Molly was innocent until sometime after filming the FRC.* I think Jason's balcony scene was not only grief at letting her go, but also guilt as he realized he had just done the wrong thing -- i.e. followed the plan to mess with both women's heads and hearts. He knew it was wrong.

*I think her question on the FD about what would happen if Jason picked the wrong girl was producer-fed, and she asked it not fully knowing why.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

FORT Regular

I go back and forth on this one. Something about Molly and Jason's behavior last night and the clips I saw from the night before seemed very fake. I didn't actually watch the finale, but from the what I saw, Jason and Molly appeared very disingenous. I don't say this to start Round 1,005 of "Why Jason and Molly Suck", but merely to point out that they seemed like they were in the know all along.

But then, I am an optimist when it comes to human behavior, and I just don't want to believe that anyone at TB, including Jason and Molly, would do something so low. And that's what keeps me from fully accepting the RS theory.

At first i really liked Jason. But what he did, whether you agree with it or not. Really took him down a notch with viewers. What kind of role model is he sending, to his son?
    Autumn Winds!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by warrenn;3367883;
    False. I don't think that the producers have total control over who the Bachelor picks. It would depend on what's in the contract, but I can't imagine that there's a clause saying the producer will pick the winner. There may be something that says he has to consider the producer's input, but I seriously doubt he's contractually obligated to select the producer's pick.

However, after the show I think he was told "If you want Molly, you have break up with Melissa on air." I think there must have been something in the contract which would have prevented Jason from dating any of the other women for some amount of time after the show airs. Does anyone know if there's a clause like that? I'm guessing that this is what happened:

- Jason goes to the producers saying he's not in love with Melissa and wants Molly.
    - Producers point to clause saying he's not allowed to date any of the other women.
    - Jason says he really wants Molly and doesn't want her to get away.
    - Producers offer him a deal that if he dumps Melissa on the air, he can date Molly.

A contract barring him from dating the other women is the only reason I can think of for it working out like this. Without a restriction like that, he would have just dumped Melissa and called Molly himself.
    I am totally with you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;3367927;
    I lean toward "true" on the idea of a set-up, realizing we'll never know for sure!

I don't think it was scripted from the very beginning of filming, but I do buy the theory that somewhere around F5/F4/F3 the producers hatched the plan when they saw that Jason was shifting his attention from Melissa to Molly. I don't think the producers expected it, and I bet they figured that America wouldn't, either. Thus! The switcheroo plan -- and the "most dramatic ATFR ever" -- was crafted, with drama and ratings in mind.

Also, I've been leaning all along toward the idea that Molly was NOT "in on it" until after the FRC. Watching her limo ride of rejection in which she slams Melissa further convinces me: Molly was innocent until sometime after filming the FRC.* I think Jason's balcony scene was not only grief at letting her go, but also guilt as he realized he had just done the wrong thing -- i.e. followed the plan to mess with both women's heads and hearts. He knew it was wrong.

*I think her question on the FD about what would happen if Jason picked the wrong girl was producer-fed, and she asked it not fully knowing why.

As much I'd like to think a person would realize this, I have a hard time picturing Jason feeling that he had wronged someone other than himself. Do I believe he felt he had wronged Melissa or Molly? Not so much. I think he was honestly feeling grief - but for himself. He still hasn't admitted (that I've seen in any interviews) that he wronged Melissa by dumping her the way he did. I just keep reading that "he had to follow his heart" and that "he hated that he had to do this..." He's a
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.