Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Before I answer this question, I have a little Crow Pie to eat. I never believed ABC would allow this scenario to play out but RS, you did have the correct information - congratulations! There that finishes my pie!

Having said that, I still firmly believe that this information was released by ABC/Fleiss through RS, ahead of time to prepare the public for the "changed scenario"!

From that perspective I have to say that the premise of the whole season being scripted does not fly!

Was the season scripted from F5? I would also say No. Jason may be a little dumb and a piece of work, but he is just not that good an actor to pull it off. Besides, as a number of you pointed out, TPTB was still ga-ga about the love story in early January! If you analyze the FRC, I would say you see a confused man, but one who believes he is in "love" with Melissa!

So, in conclusion, no - IMHO they did not plan this right until Jason and Melissa told them they could not pull it off even long enough to reach the FRC showing.

So why was RS pushing that angle? I have 2 theories - you take your pick depending whether you believe he unwillingly or willingly did Fleiss' dirty work:

1. He just wanted to embelish the story and show his detective side (and I just have a hard time believing this one) OR

2. As I said previously, he wanted to whip up the passion and raise the ratings for TPTB and this story did the job!

Either way, it is a "dramatic" finale but one that will in the long run hurt TB franchise!

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Pete B, I've been reading RS' blog for years and he's always been very discreet. This is so unlike him. I wonder what his motives were.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3367338;
    Martin Hilton is to blame for this, and he has let Jason be the fall guy and he comes out of this smelling like roses...... ABC must be proud of their new Bachelor showrunner and the viewership he brought in. I won't be a part of Jillian's season (although I very much liked her) unless ABC get's rid of Martin Hilton. Even Fleiss never thought of doing that scenario! Martin Hilton, new showrunner for all Bachelor/Bachelorette shows (he replaced Fleiss this season) and head of editing, deception etc - I DON'T LIKE YOU!
    I just looked up Martin Hilton and found he was the senior producer for a Reality show called The Two-Timer. The promo for it says, "Meet Chris. . . . He loves women and just can't say no to them. . . . He loves all women and wants to please them and make them happy. But... he is dating six women at the same time! . . . And then there is the biggest question of them all: what will happen to Chris when the six women he's dating find out that they are not the 'only one' and that they are dating a real-life two-timer?"

I wonder if this Two-Timer show was Martin's inspiration for this season of The Bachelor!

FORT Fanatic

I think the reason RS got so many things right is because he had an open line to ABC. And I think ABC probably salved Melissa's battered ego by letting her vent to RS. So, Mellisa rants to Rs about what a pig Jason is and makes Jason and Molly the bad guys. Leaving Melissa to be the poor, poor nationally televised dumped girl.
    How many movies have the same story line. You know where the guy thinks he loves girl gets as far as the church wedding and then choses the other girl. Or the girl thinks she loves one girl and then marries the other guy. LOTS. And we all go to these movies and cry at the end. Not for the person that got stood up, but because we are happy that they chose true love.
    That was the story line for this last seasons TB IMO.
    I think it may have backfired from what TPTB had hoped for, mostly because to the heavy hand they used in editing. they just need to be more subtle.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3367532;
    Pete B, I've been reading RS' blog for years and he's always been very discreet. This is so unlike him. I wonder what his motives were.
    That's a good question and one I have thought of often during all this. I believe that one of his sources was someone close to Melissa because of the way he was so protective of her in all this. I believe he got mad about it and put them on blast. He knows a lot of people from the past bachelors...Jeremy, Amanda, and is even a very close friend/boyfriend (depending on who you ask) of a former contestant who was voted out early on from Brad's season. Of course now he is putting ads on his site and selling t-shirts with his name on them, good thing he didn't do that before or none of us would have taken him seriously.

FORT Newbie

If you do not believe that ABC (MF) tells the Bachelor what to do you should listen to an an interview by a radio host in chattanooga on 103.7 the hits. He interviewed Andy Baldwin yesterday where Andy admits that ABC absolutely tried to tell him what to do and who to pick and even walked off the set until ABC caved.

You can find the interview at 1037theriver (.com) or google the chattanooga the river radio station. Then go to the Greg Rambin show. there are three very telling audio clips that prove that MF and ABC manipulate their TV show.

Here's my take on why... The crew fell in love with Melissa. What you see on screen is what she is in real life. I think it PISSED them off that MF wanted it to play out this way and Jason agreed to go along and they leaked the info. Remember RS' clue "Save the Cheerleader"

Quote Originally Posted by bzcm25k;3367399;
    I don't think it was "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS). I think it was "If you want Molly you have to break up with Mel on TV."

RS says he doesn't know what happened behind the scenes. What if Jason found out that Molly was slated to be the next Bachelorette...he sure as heck doesn't want her to do that. That's when things changed, at least for him. I think that's when he started to have a change of heart, but MF says, you can have Molly if you break up with Mel on tv, otherwise he would have to wait until after this weeks show and it looks like he was pretty tortured about this. There are so many other ways he could have handled this situation, but Molly may have then accepted to be the Bachelorette. (from my post on the RS board.)

I don't think he could have acted all the way through the show and TPTB say that it was evident that Mel was the one from the beginnning. Notice how he's constantly rubbing her arms throughout the show and last night he was doing the exact same thing to Molly.
    Frak has a post in the Fun with the Bachelor thread. It's an imaginary conversation between Jason and Molly about Molly being courted as the next B/Ette. It's hilarious and nails both of their personalities.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Newbie

I believe this is true. Molly must have known as RS states in his blog, a few days after the FRC that Jason actually fell in love with her (Molly) and not Melissa. Who in their right mind would take a guy back two months after professing his love for another woman and also having absolutely no contact with him apparently (another lie).

I'm not PeteB, but I thought I'd jump in. RS said today that there might be some advertising on his website now. Maybe it's time to add a C to the list of possible reasons he came up/ran with the story.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on. -- Robert Frost