Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by ohboyyy;3367356;
    True: Both Trista and Andy Baldwin have publicly said they think Jason should have stood up to the producers and said "no" when they asked him to dump Melissa on national T.V. Furthermore, Andy said in this recent radio interview that the producers tried to tell him who he should pick at the rose ceremonies, and at one point, he walked off set and refused to continue with the taping until they agreed to his terms.
    Yeah but Andy was going to end up with Tessa, regardless. The others were just fillers.

FORT Newbie

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3367252;
    well it APPEARS that everything else he said about HOW things would play out was the truth...why wouldn't this be..this is why I said I was so mad at Jason for not standing up to Fleiss and the producers and refusing to go along with this ..........I said last week I believed it and I thought the producers intended to make Melissa the bachelorette but I think she refused to "fall in line" with their plans
    Because all of the other stuff RS said was told to him by insiders who knew what happened, the "set up from the start - if you want Molly, pick Melissa" theory was just RS speculating based on everything he knew but now that we know what he knew I disagree with him on that point.
    Last edited by Love Kaysar; 03-04-2009 at 12:25 PM.

FORT Regular

I don't think it was "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS). I think it was "If you want Molly you have to break up with Mel on TV."

RS says he doesn't know what happened behind the scenes. What if Jason found out that Molly was slated to be the next Bachelorette...he sure as heck doesn't want her to do that. That's when things changed, at least for him. I think that's when he started to have a change of heart, but MF says, you can have Molly if you break up with Mel on tv, otherwise he would have to wait until after this weeks show and it looks like he was pretty tortured about this. There are so many other ways he could have handled this situation, but Molly may have then accepted to be the Bachelorette. (from my post on the RS board.)

I don't think he could have acted all the way through the show and TPTB say that it was evident that Mel was the one from the beginnning. Notice how he's constantly rubbing her arms throughout the show and last night he was doing the exact same thing to Molly.

Quote Originally Posted by bzcm25k;3367399;

What if Jason found out that Molly was slated to be the next Bachelorette...he sure as heck doesn't want her to do that. Th
    Hmmm, I like your theory. That would explain a lot.

Long time lurker

I thought I heard somewhere that The Bachelor or The Bachelorette was prohibited by contract from dating any of the previously rejected men or women. I bet Jason went to TPTB because he couldn't stop thinking about Melissa and they said if you want to date Molly, you have to break up with Melissa and let us film it. Jason bartered it down to I'll let you film it but I want to talk to her privately first. It was pretty clear to me that they had already broken up when she got onstage on ATFR Part 1. She was pretty cold towards Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by bzcm25k;3367399;
    What if Jason found out that Molly was slated to be the next Bachelorette...he sure as heck doesn't want her to do that. That's when things changed, at least for him.
    Bingo! I am willing to bet that as soon as he heard she was being considered for the bachelorette, he suddenly had a change of heart.

FORT Regular

I go back and forth but I think the Molly lines "what if you realize you picked the wrong girl?" and "you made a mistake" are very fishy and fit the alleged script perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by pat the cat;3367453;
    I go back and forth but I think the Molly lines "what if you realize you picked the wrong girl?" and "you made a mistake" are very fishy and fit the alleged script perfectly.
    I agree at least at that point in the process...I think that by NZ he had a change of heart, and Fleiss realized he could have a ratings bonanza!

Quote Originally Posted by pat the cat;3367453;
    I agree at least at that point in the process...I think that by NZ he had a change of heart, all along it was Melissa..but then he changed to Molly when Fleiss realized he hatch the switcharoo plan...Jason being spineless agreed and Fleiss realized he would have the ending of a lifetime!

FORT Fogey

I say true. Rs has gotten a lot of things right. The early screencaps were a red flag.

I don't think there is any way they ever wanted Molly as Bach'ette. She doesn't have the appeal, and her early edit was not good. They wanted Mel.