Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Re: "I you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RM) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3367271;
    It would be hard to cast Melissa as the Bachelorette *IF* her parents' never consent to appear on TV. I'm one of those parents who would tell my daughter/son "Fine! you want to go on the Bach? go! but keep us out of it!"
    That might've been one of the dealbreakers, but I can't imagine they didn't at least try. I'm glad she didn't, but I wouldn't have been able to resist watching that. I like Jillian, but I will mostly watch that for the 'scenery.'

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;3367295;
    Well Fleiss said he wanted Molly as bachette. I don't think they had time to consider Melissa and w/o her parents and her being pretty bitter about this I doubt they really thought of her.
    And, according to his interview with People magazine, he made a point of saying that Molly's parents agreed to do the show.

FORT Regular

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Everything RS has said that we can verify has proved true.

Therefore, I have to believe the rest of his info is also the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh;3367308;
    Everything RS has said that we can verify has proved true.

Therefore, I have to believe the rest of his info is also the truth.
    It is the BIGGEST and more DAMAGING info that RS has made. Bring on the proof! Until then, I say it is false.

Re: "I you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RM) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3367271;
    It would be hard to cast Melissa as the Bachelorette *IF* her parents' never consent to appear on TV. I'm one of those parents who would tell my daughter/son "Fine! you want to go on the Bach? go! but keep us out of it!"
    Hooray!! I am one of those parents as well.

I think RS got a scoop. From what we have heard there were others who got it but chose not to publish it. I think it was a leak on purpose to boost ratings. I think RS then ran with that and embellished, perhaps by imagination or by "sources." I don't think Jason could act his way through most of the season. No way

False, I think. It may have been that after he proposed to Melissa, they allowed him to stay in contact with Molly... by phone, email, text and during that repeated contact he felt drawn to Molly and then ABC took over and arranged the sensational, exploited ATFR scenario. I think allowing Jason to connect with Molly was the problem with the relationship and I have no doubt that they did connect. Melissa could tell when things went wrong and he was not being honest about it.

Martin Hilton is to blame for this, and he has let Jason be the fall guy and he comes out of this smelling like roses...... ABC must be proud of their new Bachelor showrunner and the viewership he brought in. I won't be a part of Jillian's season (although I very much liked her) unless ABC get's rid of Martin Hilton. Even Fleiss never thought of doing that scenario! Martin Hilton, new showrunner for all Bachelor/Bachelorette shows (he replaced Fleiss this season) and head of editing, deception etc - I DON'T LIKE YOU!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Newbie

True: Both Trista and Andy Baldwin have publicly said they think Jason should have stood up to the producers and said "no" when they asked him to dump Melissa on national T.V. Furthermore, Andy said in this recent radio interview that the producers tried to tell him who he should pick at the rose ceremonies, and at one point, he walked off set and refused to continue with the taping until they agreed to his terms.

There is a precedent for this kind of scripting on TB, and there were several incidences when foreshadowing was occurring beyond what can be tweaked by editing the video footage after the fact (e.g., DeAnna advising Jason to more or less pick Melissa).

On top of it all, the scripted parts were soap-opera, b-grade quality. The lines were not realistic or consistent with Molly and Jason's personality, who are both fairly sedate and inarticulate by nature. Molly and Jason are *terrible* actors as well, and delivered the lines they had to memorize in an empty, over-practiced, hallow way, often showing no emotion where emotion should have been shown (after the FRC, Molly's mascara and eyeliner *never* ran due to tears, even in the limo scene), or showing inappropriate emotions (Molly grinning, smirking, and beaming throughout the beginning of the ATFR part one . . . even while watching video footage of her and Jason before Jason came out).

The video editors are geniuses, though, and helped to make up for the bad acting and a bad script by emphasizing the best scripted lines; by cutting away when inappropriate emotions were shown (e.g., when Molly was smiling at the ATFR part one); and by showing the most authentic-seeming emotions (e.g., a few of Molly's "acting surprised" moments, Jason "weeping" on the balcony - conveniently from a distance) in the previews and recaps.
    Last edited by ohboyyy; 03-04-2009 at 12:25 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ecbyeh;3367081;
    I agree with you that having Jason pick Melissa only to dump her was not set up from the beginning. I think the dumping of Melissa on TV was a set up, but only from the time Jason told the producers he wanted to switch to Molly. The producers saw it as a way to salvage their season when they realized they were not going to get the fairy tale ending they had been hoping for. They did end up with great ratings, but they lost a lot of the good will of the audience.
    Totally agree with this. Jasons proposal to Melissa seemed very genuine, and in the emails he tells Melissa that when he proposed to her it was very real to him and he planned to spend his future with her...those emails were written after they had broke up and after he was with Molly. If it was set up from the start Jason had NO reason to say that in the emails at that point. That is the one and only thing I think RS was/is wrong about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3367338;
    False, I think. It may have been that after he proposed to Melissa, they allowed him to stay in contact with Molly... by phone, email, text and during that repeated contact he felt drawn to Molly and then ABC took over and arranged the sensational, exploited ATFR scenario. I think allowing Jason to connect with Molly was the problem with the relationship and I have no doubt that they did connect. Melissa could tell when things went wrong and he was not being honest about it.

Martin Hilton is to blame for this, and he has let Jason be the fall guy and he comes out of this smelling like roses...... ABC must be proud of their new Bachelor showrunner and the viewership he brought in. I won't be a part of Jillian's season (although I very much liked her) unless ABC get's rid of Martin Hilton. Even Fleiss never thought of doing that scenario! Martin Hilton, new showrunner for all Bachelor/Bachelorette shows (he replaced Fleiss this season) and head of editing, deception etc - I DON'T LIKE YOU!
    So, he's the one who sneaked in, in the original bachelor previews, the ring and the moles....