Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Re: "I you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RM) True or False information?

True!

They have something up their sleeve for Melissa.... don't know what it is, but you can't buy the kind of exposure and sympathy she is getting. TPTB think way ahead. I see this as all part of some master plan.

Stay tuned.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

FORT Fogey

Re: "I you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RM) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by ecbyeh;3367081;
    I agree with you that having Jason pick Melissa only to dump her was not set up from the beginning. I think the dumping of Melissa on TV was a set up, but only from the time Jason told the producers he wanted to switch to Molly. The producers saw it as a way to salvage their season when they realized they were not going to get the fairy tale ending they had been hoping for. They did end up with great ratings, but they lost a lot of the good will of the audience.
    Totally agree! If you go back to the posts on this board there were many talking in the the beginning/mid of January about the sudden change in Chris/Jason during interviews. Many speculated that there was trouble in paradise. Fleiss even gave "giddy" interviews prior to the season's start. This change totally fits with what we all observed in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;3366965;
    The only set up to me was Jason being coerced into proposing when he probably wasn't ready. Or perhaps he wanted so much to be "engaged" that was his own dumb mistake. And I do think they made Jason believe he had to do the break up on tv and he was too wussy and uneducated to stand up to them and they dangled letting him see Molly right away as a carrot. So ABC behaved pretty badly and made this much more than just another couple break up.
    ITA - it would explain alot. Also I read something about a "petition" asking for TB to be cancelled. Has anyone else heard anything about a petition?

Quote Originally Posted by enterpriselady;3367180;
    ITA - it would explain alot. Also I read something about a "petition" asking for TB to be cancelled. Has anyone else heard anything about a petition?
    The only petition that matters is the one that allows you to turn off your TV set. You can TELL them whatever you want, but it's what you DO that matters.

And, no, I don't believe it was a set-up from the get-go. I think he picked the wrong woman and then believed he was obligated to end it in front of the cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3367139;
    True!

They have something up their sleeve for Melissa.... don't know what it is, but you can't buy the kind of exposure and sympathy she is getting. TPTB think way ahead. I see this as all part of some master plan.

Stay tuned.
    I think they might have thought that, but I don't believe Melissa will play along. In fact, I suspect they tried to convince her to be The Bachelorette sometime after the AFTR1 was filmed and she had the good sense to say "no way" just like she did to the AFTR2, so they went on to Jillian hoping to keep viewers who were invested in this season but would not be happy with the outcome.

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

well it APPEARS that everything else he said about HOW things would play out was the truth...why wouldn't this be..this is why I said I was so mad at Jason for not standing up to Fleiss and the producers and refusing to go along with this ..........I said last week I believed it and I thought the producers intended to make Melissa the bachelorette but I think she refused to "fall in line" with their plans
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3367233;
    I think they might have thought that, but I don't believe Melissa will play along. In fact, I suspect they tried to convince her to be The Bachelorette sometime after the AFTR1 was filmed and she had the good sense to say "no way" just like she did to the AFTR2, so they went on to Jillian hoping to keep viewers who were invested in this season but would not be happy with the outcome.
    It would be hard to cast Melissa as the Bachelorette *IF* her parents' never consent to appear on TV. I'm one of those parents who would tell my daughter/son "Fine! you want to go on the Bach? go! but keep us out of it!"

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

False. The Bachelor/ette's family is "contractedly obligated" to appear on the show. Melissa's parents refused to do a cameo on the Bachelor, so I don't think they'd be willing to host the F2 on the Bachelorette. I heard that's what kept Charlie (Trista's season) from being the Bachelor. Seemed his family didn't like the way they were edited on The Bachelorette, so they didn't want anything else to do with the show. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3367252;
    well it APPEARS that everything else he said about HOW things would play out was the truth...why wouldn't this be..this is why I said I was so mad at Jason for not standing up to Fleiss and the producers and refusing to go along with this ..........I said last week I believed it and I thought the producers intended to make Melissa the bachelorette but I think she refused to "fall in line" with their plans
    I never doubted the man. But you have to agree that his conspiracy theory (deal made in hell between abc and Jason to chose Mel to get Mol) was overblown and never proven.

Well Fleiss said he wanted Molly as bachette. I don't think they had time to consider Melissa and w/o her parents and her being pretty bitter about this I doubt they really thought of her. Jillian was fan favorite whether she will be good bachette or not, rather like Yuck, Jason. have to admit never thought Jason would provide so much entertainment no matter who "sick" it was.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast