Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

FORT Fanatic

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;3369166;
    January 5th
    Thank you. So much for Jason's story about realizing "sometime after the holidays" that it just wasn't going to work with Melissa. By Jan 5th the decision had already been made to intentionally show her in the coming attractions. And TBTB most likely took a day or more to decide on their course of action, talk to Jason, etc.

It sounds like Jason really knew late Dec that it was over with Mel. That's 3 weeks before the ATFR 1 taping. Which was taped only 6 weeks after the proposal. Which would mean he gave the engagement..... 3 weeks?...

Either this was planned from the first OR Molly used the holidays as an excuse to call him, and then everything changed with him and Melissa.

Re: "If you want Molly you have to pick Melissa" (per RS) True or False information?

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3368589;
    ZulaMay,

If you go back and listen again, as I did yesterday, everything she says makes perfect sense and reinforces the idea that all this was staged......

The "something" that happened was that Jason made a fake proposal and it was set up for him to dump her on national TV and be with Molly. So their relationship was never real.
    IMO, you hit the nail on the hit. And, I really do believe that Jason may have been convinced that Melissa will come out of the public break-up "OK", since she will get major sympathy from the viewers. jmo

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3369141;
    I tend to agree that Molly must have had at least some advance notice at the ATFR1 either from Jason or from TPTB (and for all we know, she may have initiated the whole thing - she is competitive enough), but I do not believe that she was in on it from the start! As I already mentioned it does not look like there was a conspiracy, just heavy scripting in the ATFR, once Jason and Melissa's relationship fell apart!

Having said that, if one is to believe some of CH blog (and I am not saying I necessarily do), I could see TPTB "convincing" Jason to go with Melissa at the FRC, knowing he was lost and mixed up. This was done, not with the intent of making the switch, but to have the love story they were thinking existed. Maybe they were even giving him reassurances that if it does not work out, they will allow him an opportunity with Molly. If that was the case, you could make a very good argument that TPTB caused all this (Fleiss). Of course, it does not excuse some of Jason's behavior!

Either way, a pretty bad mess!
    You have to add Deanna into the mix here also and she just didn't fly to New Zealand on a whim and a prayer. That was arranged by TPTB when I don't know but rumour has it that she was paid for that appearance so that would have to be negotiated etc. so IMO it was all part of the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3368494;
    I have every reason to believe RS. Not that it was scripted from the beginning, but apparently from F5. They had to move up the ATFR so that Jason could break it off with Mel before she actually finalized plans to move to Seattle. Also, so he could be with Molly.

He has been such a jerk this season that I see no reason to believe the best of him.
    I think the truth will emerge.
    IMO Jason has always been a jerk, never been a fan, so isn't the magic of editing wonderful.

TPTB gave us the B4 edit of Jason so that he could be set up for B13 as a single father, cute son looking for love. Jason would never have been chosen just on his own merit (without Ty) as TB. Fleiss has said so in recent interviews that Jason is average and not their typical bachelor specimen.

So now that he is out from under the control of TPTB of The Bachelor and under the control of his own PR team or on his own, his true colours emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyTaleLove;3369201;
    I would have to say no to the "you have to choose Melissa to get Molly"
    Like Chris Harrison said to Jason (on the ATFR1)...."you must really, LOVE Molly."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;3369239;
    IMO, you hit the nail on the hit. And, I really do believe that Jason may have been convinced that Melissa will come out of the public break-up "OK", since she will get major sympathy from the viewers. jmo
    And, the next bachelorette ... but Melissa wouldn't have it. MF himself has said that they found the formula. Their eye is on the next season ...

Quote Originally Posted by krista000;3369039;
    I totally believe that Molly was in on this. It was so strange that Jason breaks off his engagement to Mellisa and five minutes later he tells Molly that he is still in love with her. Molly on the other hand says yes lets see where this will go and kisses him. Excuse me but WHY would you want to kiss someone that just broke up with his fiance five minutes ago.
    This was so fake with such poor acting it was disgusting.

Here's my take on Molly after watching the ATFR 1 again yesterday. I believe that Molly knew something. However, I am thinking that she did not specifically know that Jason was going to dump Melissa. I say that, because as I watched it again, there were one or two points where she did look genuinely surprised and puzzled. I was rewinding these shots several times to watch her reactions more closely.

I think that she only knew that they were all supposed to be there. I don't think she knew everything and CH did say that she didn't hear what transpired with Jason and Melissa. However, what I do think is that Molly and Jason were definitely in contact with each other in the period after the FRC and before the ATFR 1. I believe that she was aware that he was having second thoughts about Melissa and thinking a lot about her and regretting his decision. I believe this because I can't see Molly being so willing to be that receptive to his offer of having another chance with her.

Molly got over her surprise easily enough. I think the surprise was that he actually did break up with Melissa. I just don't think she was in on that part. That would also show her that Jason was serious and sincere in his desire to be with her. She managed to get her hand on his knee and keep it there. It didn't take long, either. Their body language was revealing. Jason then put his hand on her hand, which was on his leg. The next thing we know, they are making out. Then Jason mutters "holy crap" in the midst of their kissing and it's pretty evident that these two need a room and quick.

To sum it all up, I think Molly did know that he wanted to be with her, but did not know that his breakup with Melissa had already taken place. I do think they were in contact while Jason was still with Melissa. So that explains her greeting Jason so warmly with a hug. That was when I thought that she was in on it to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3369396;
    Here's my take on Molly after watching the ATFR 1 again yesterday. I believe that Molly knew something. However, I am thinking that she did not specifically know that Jason was going to dump Melissa. I say that, because as I watched it again, there were one or two points where she did look genuinely surprised and puzzled. I was rewinding these shots several times to watch her reactions more closely.

I think that she only knew that they were all supposed to be there. I don't think she knew everything and CH did say that she didn't hear what transpired with Jason and Melissa. However, what I do think is that Molly and Jason were definitely in contact with each other in the period after the FRC and before the ATFR 1. I believe that she was aware that he was having second thoughts about Melissa and thinking a lot about her and regretting his decision. I believe this because I can't see Molly being so willing to be that receptive to his offer of having another chance with her.

Molly got over her surprise easily enough. I think the surprise was that he actually did break up with Melissa. I just don't think she was in on that part. That would also show her that Jason was serious and sincere in his desire to be with her. She managed to get her hand on his knee and keep it there. It didn't take long, either. Their body language was revealing. Jason then put his hand on her hand, which was on his leg. The next thing we know, they are making out. Then Jason mutters "holy crap" in the midst of their kissing and it's pretty evident that these two need a room and quick.

To sum it all up, I think Molly did know that he wanted to be with her, but did not know that his breakup with Melissa had already taken place. I do think they were in contact while Jason was still with Melissa. So that explains her greeting Jason so warmly with a hug. That was when I thought that she was in on it to some extent.
    Even if you were in love with the man who dumped you for someone else and was engaged to that person, would it be appropriate to hug so warmly? I don't remember Deanna and Jason hugging, just Deanna patting him on the knee like "ahh...isn't he so sweet. If Melissa and Jason were still engaged, and if I was Melissa I wouldn't want him hugging Molly when greeting her.
    "I actually thought our relationship was 50 times better than the other guys. I thought it was my job to come back and get her." Reid R.

Quote Originally Posted by lanikai;3369421;
    Even if you were in love with the man who dumped you for someone else and was engaged to that person, would it be appropriate to hug so warmly? I don't remember Deanna and Jason hugging, just Deanna patting him on the knee like "ahh...isn't he so sweet. If Melissa and Jason were still engaged, and if I was Melissa I wouldn't want him hugging Molly when greeting her.

I am not in any way justifying Molly hugging Jason. In fact, that was the reason why I initially believed that she had to be in on this at some point. I do not recall the rejected F2 ever greeting TB that warmly. That was what got me thinking as to what she knew and when she knew it.

We will never know the answer for sure, but we can make some assumptions and inferences. I have been going back and forth on this whole Molly thing. I initially thought that she knew everything, then when I watched it again and rewound it over and over, I started wondering why she did manage to look so surprised at one or two points. I didn't think she was a good enough actress to totally get away with faking her innocence.

I may just watch it again to recheck exactly when she had that surprised look in her eyes. If it's when she finds out that Jason has broken up with Melissa, then I will be confident that I am right about her not knowing that part of the whole thing.

FORT Fogey

The hand on thigh and the kiss solidified this wasn't their first contact since FRC. They both knew where things stood.

Reality TV doesn't exist theRealist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3369444;
    The hand on thigh and the kiss solidified this wasn't their first contact since FRC. They both knew where things stood.
    Yes exactly! Its like they never missed a beat. On Ellen, Melissa admitted to the emails being real, she also said that Jason lied to her about talking to Molly. I will always believe that they saw each other too. Notice how Ellen didn't ask Melissa if Jason and Molly ever SAW each other. Melissa had to admit to the emails being real because they were proved to be real by multiple sources.