Page 208 of 209 FirstFirst ... 108158198199200201202203204205206207208209 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2086

Thread: Discussion Thread 3/2

Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

That's pretty low.
    They handed her the ring specifically so they could get the shot of her handing it back to him?

Really, what do people expect from this show after so many years?
    It's a horrible show that plays out just as appallingly as the premise promises to.

Charlie broke up with Krisily (sp) on screen, did anyone really think they wouldn't film Jason breaking up with Melissa?

I really think anyone would have to be a grade A moron to go on this show looking for or expecting to find love, or to take part at all to be honest.
    Jason's shown himself to be spineless, imo, but none of the women applying for the show would have known because they didn't know him.
    Generally you get to find out the good and the and bad about a prospective partner over the span of a courtship.
    When you reduce that courtship to a few weeks of non-exclusive dating, ending in a proposal you really have very little insight into the character of the man you agreed to marry.
    The meeting and the courtship was shown on tv, obviously the break-up would be too.

I don't condone what Jason did in the least, but I do think Melissa, if she hasn't already, will come to realise she really is the lucky one here.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3362832;
    Kresge: I don't know if this is what you were alluding to or not, but reading your post combined with the one right above it - something came out loud and clear to me. Your reference to Jeremy - I am a lawyer and I am basically 100% sure that any provision that forces you to break up on TV would be unenforceable as against public policy - or some other "legal" phrase like that - point being, no court would enforce it. Jeremy would know that. Jason, not necessarily so much.
    Good observation, Jeremy certainly would know how to interpret the contract properly.

That combined with the fact that there are just some lines he wouldn't cross, would make it difficult, if not impossible, for MF to present the story he wanted to present. (If not this one, than another equally salacious).
    F3 becomes F1, but not F2.....oh well, he tried.

FORT Regular

I think it is interesting that everything seemed to be fine until the show started to air. I'm sure that that brought up old feelings for Jason along with once again causing Melissa to be unsure of herself. She said she over analyzes things and her mind starts to play games. Between the two, I'm sure that caused many problems. Maybe if they had agreed to not watch the shows everything would have been different. I'm sure that caused Jason to make contact with Molly.

Still doesn't excuse what Jason did.

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3368374;
    As I posted earler, she had been told that ATFR he would reaffirm his committment with the ring...and she was given it when she came out. Now, I don't think at that time it was to hurt her, but the ring was to be part of whatever went down.
    I remember you posting something to that effect, but since posters are repeatedly questioning why she had the ring I was just trying to provide a reasonable explanation.

Obviously they knew what was coming down and wanted it in her possession to hand back, rather than in Jason's to slip on her finger.

Pooperscoops.
    F3 becomes F1, but not F2.....oh well, he tried.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3368388;
    That's pretty low.
    They handed her the ring specifically so they could get the shot of her handing it back to him?

Really, what do people expect from this show after so many years?
    It's a horrible show that plays out just as appallingly as the premise promises to.

Charlie broke up with Krisily (sp) on screen, did anyone really think they wouldn't film Jason breaking up with Melissa?

I really think anyone would have to be a grade A moron to go on this show looking for or expecting to find love, or to take part at all to be honest.
    Jason's shown himself to be spineless, imo, but none of the women applying for the show would have known because they didn't know him.
    Generally you get to find out the good and the and bad about a prospective partner over the span of a courtship.
    When you reduce that courtship to a few weeks of non-exclusive dating, ending in a proposal you really have very little insight into the character of the man you agreed to marry.
    The meeting and the courtship was shown on tv, obviously the break-up would be too.

I don't condone what Jason did in the least, but I do think Melissa, if she hasn't already, will come to realise she really is the lucky one here.
    Agreed, agreed, agreed. And she does. And promise they are keeping the I told you so's to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling In Ill;3368405;
    I think it is interesting that everything seemed to be fine until the show started to air. I'm sure that that brought up old feelings for Jason along with once again causing Melissa to be unsure of herself. She said she over analyzes things and her mind starts to play games. Between the two, I'm sure that caused many problems. Maybe if they had agreed to not watch the shows everything would have been different. I'm sure that caused Jason to make contact with Molly.

I wrote a huge post I wouldn't dare repeat about timing in the Non Spoiler thread.

I think the chronology is quite consistent with something changing over the holidays in terms of Jason's feelings for Melissa (this isn't going to work), and then just before the premiere giving hope about Molly (via producer or other intermediaries), or (as Specialized notes on that thread, intensified concerns he might lose out on Molly forever because she'd agree to be Bachelorette).

It was around the time of the Jan 5 premiere, but before that I think.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;3368411;
    I remember you posting something to that effect, but since posters are repeatedly questioning why she had the ring I was just trying to provide a reasonable explanation.

Obviously they knew what was coming down and wanted it in her possession to hand back, rather than in Jason's to slip on her finger.

Pooperscoops.
    i know. I didn't mean anything by the "as I posted."..just can't remember sometimes what topic forum I put them in!

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling In Ill;3368405;

I thought I'd read that Jason asked/told Melissa to not watch it and she didn't. Molly said she watched it. Therefore, I would think (if you're right in the timeline of things going bad once it began airing) that it points more to Molly being upset with watching: Jason lovin' up to Melissa, knowing she'd see herself come in at "second place," and knowing viewers would see that as well. If you can't stand losing, it has to be irking to see it all play out. I certainly think it's possible that airing the show did contribute to the timeline of Jason deciding to throw Melissa under the bus. That would make sense to me.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

I really hope Melissa's story will inspire other females who might apply for this show to proceed with caution.

I know many women say they applied for "the adventure" but it seems clear that once you reach the latter stages of the competition feelings do start to form.
    I've said in another thread that I blame it partly on Stockholm Syndrome.
    I'm lead to believe that TPTB take away all means of contacting the outside world, don't give them tv, radio, newspapers etc.
    They always provide two things though, plenty of alcohol and competative situations where they pit the women against each other.

I'm not accusing the women of being weak and just going along in zombified fashion, I just TPTB take great pains to create the perfect circumstances for the women to make the Bachelor the centre of their collective focus.
    The typical Bach participant will likely look back on this experince as a time they met a whole bunch of new female friends.
    Even the recipient of the final rose will probably remain friends with the females she met longer than she stays in a relationship with the guy.

I guess TPTB don't think seeing a bunch of smart, funny women sitting around bonding over talk about what a loser the Bachelor is would make good tv.
    I heartily disagree.
    That's a show I'd watch.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3368152;
    I'e been pondering that Molly's statement about "life experiences" all day and I finally came to the following conclusion.

I think when Molly talks about life experience she is talking about sex. She said that her relationship with Jason started out physical; i.e:
    I'm a good kisser want to find out,
    the *cough* first base only *cough* tent date
    her straddling jason on the massage table.
    Molly uses sex to manipulate men.Melissa was never shown in those types of "positions" I mean situations.

I fully agree with Kultainen, that Melissa is a Class Act.

Right, that's what I think and that's probably what she has always done, is use sex. I picked this up from the beginning. Here you have her in the 2nd episode pulling him away from other ladies, talking about let me show you my talent, doesn't take a rocket scientist to read between the lines nor know what she is trying to do. Then you have her on the LCD, inviting him to her place, giving him a massage and straddling him, I say she was using that to win. None of the other ladies behaved that way, not even Jillian in the hot tub, it was a hot scene but not a scene of her trying to seduce him.