Page 207 of 209 FirstFirst ... 107157197198199200201202203204205206207208209 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2086

Thread: Discussion Thread 3/2

Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3367200;
    That's certainly not accurate about Mel. She is smart, funny, very well spoken, outgoing, and generally a good, well adjusted person. I agree she is attractive. She has goals: a good job, a degree in finance, and making the DCC (one of only 36, with hundreds of others trying out. And it's based primarily on dance talent and personality, and, yes, looks). She has made some mistakes choosing men. We all do. Expecially in our 20's. She will be fine, and it's not because she is a victim or needs pubilcity. She is niether, and has never aksed to be seen as that. In fact, that's why she was so classy in all this. That's why she didn't compound the farce by showing up on the 2nd ATFR. IF she goes on Ellen, she will do the same class act.

Now as for Jason: if he took up with Molly while engaged, he's sleazy. if he didn't, and still did did what he did over "thoughts", he's crazy. if he broke
    up on TV because they "made him", he is a wimp. if it was on his own, he's a sociopathic, narcissitic jerk who every woman should run far away from.

I think this is debatable. Also, I think that Melissa's temper flared at the AFRC...did she have a right to...sure. Does that make it right? No. Regardless...I said it earlier today...and I'll say it again. A relationship is a two way street. Although I do not know the ends and outs of their relationship, I'm sure it is safe to say that Melissa was not faultless.

ETA: I don't think Molly should have ragged on Melissa if she did when she left. I have not seen the video on ABC.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on. -- Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;3367803;
    Well, she basically just goes on and on about how Melissa isn't right for Jason because she's too young, and "has had no life experiences," and has never left Texas, and isn't mature enough to be a stepmom and will run from that responsibility pretty quickly. ...

I actually didn't think it was so bad, really. She prefaced it with "I like Melissa but..." and I'm not surprised that one would whine about a rival like this.

However, I think it's hilarious (and makes her out to be kind of non-self-aware, in my opinion) that she's actually younger than Melissa. And I don't know that she should get many points on the "life experience" scale for living in Wisconsin while her parents live all the way over in Michigan! Texas is a big state! And, in fact, Melissa seems to have considerably more experience with kids than Molly had. So the "she's too young to be a stepmom" thing just sounded ridiculous to me.

24-year-old Molly calling 25-year-old Melissa too sheltered for this situation. Just a laugh to me, and mainly a sign of how young Molly actually is. Didn't really strike me as particularly evil, though, (even though I've not particularly liked Molly all along -- got a sort of phony and cold vibe from her throughout the show) although I know that's how it's striking a lot of people.
    I'e been pondering that Molly's statement about "life experiences" all day and I finally came to the following conclusion.

I think when Molly talks about life experience she is talking about sex. She said that her relationship with Jason started out physical; i.e:
    I'm a good kisser want to find out,
    the *cough* first base only *cough* tent date
    her straddling jason on the massage table.
    Molly uses sex to manipulate men.

Melissa was never shown in those types of "positions" I mean situations.

I fully agree with Kultainen, that Melissa is a Class Act.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GracieJardine;3364323;
    But that was his story all along, from the very moment he came out with the story. It isn't a new assertion on his part.
    I know that. But I still think he added to it just to build drama and to make himself feel important. Maybe he really believes it... but I don't. I think RS is ostentatious & obnoxious. He just bugs.

I'm sorry, but I still believe that ABC orchestrating some big massive stunt is hard to believe. Especially when there is another simple explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3362824;
    Didn't he actually say he fell to his knees then walked up the stairs? I asked my husband if he thought Jason walked up the stairs on his kness! Oh, and I think the cameras were all set up on "Jason's balcony melt-down "scene!
    He did fall to his knees.....

Don't know why it wasn't shown. Maybe production thought wailing at the railing was enough, and falling to the knees was a little tooooo dramatic. After all, they wanted us to believe (in retrospect) that Jason was torn and not reacting to sending his "real" F1 home.
    F3 becomes F1, but not F2.....oh well, he tried.

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3367200;
    That's certainly not accurate about Mel. She is smart, funny, very well spoken, outgoing, and generally a good, well adjusted person. I agree she is attractive. She has goals: a good job, a degree in finance, and making the DCC (one of only 36, with hundreds of others trying out. And it's based primarily on dance talent and personaliExpecially in our 20's. She will be fine, and it's not because she is a victim or needs pubilcity. She is niether, and has never aksed to be seen as that. In fact, that's why she was so classy in all this. That's why she didn't compound the farce by showing up on the 2nd ATFR. IF she goes on Ellen, she will do the same class act.

Now as for Jason: if he took up with Molly while engaged, he's sleazy. if he didn't, and still did did what he did over "thoughts", he's crazy. if he broke
    up on TV because they "made him", he is a wimp. if it was on his own, he's a sociopathic, narcissitic jerk who every woman should run far away from.
    Just want to say how much I've enjoyed your posts this season!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3363274;
    The thing is she was never going to pick Jason either, he was supposed to leave at F4, but TIIC made her keep him to F2.....

for all we know, who she was really talking about was Jeremy being the 'safe' choice.
    I agree....further evidence that there is always a "script" for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyme;3362490;
    good post. Can you elaborate on your statement that Mel's entrance was not her original.

I have a question too..why did Mel even have the engagement ring? I thought the ring was kept under lock and key until the FRC. Why would she have it January?

Sorry for all the back to back posts, but I'm desperately trying to catch up and have no idea how to do one of those wonderful Zinnia megaposts!

I can say her reaction was different in other clips than what was televised, and that it is not uncommon for multiple entrances and exits to be taped. And with this being a "closed" set, anything could be done to manipulate the outcome.

As for the ring, contestants don't have the ring in her possession, and can't wear it until the ATFR. I'm sure it was there for Jason to either place on her finger, or for her to throw back in his face (dang, why did she have to be so classy), so when the opportune time came, she handed it back.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3368152;
    I'e been pondering that Molly's statement about "life experiences" all day and I finally came to the following conclusion.

I think when Molly talks about life experience she is talking about sex. She said that her relationship with Jason started out physical; i.e:
    I'm a good kisser want to find out,
    the *cough* first base only *cough* tent date
    her straddling jason on the massage table.
    Molly uses sex to manipulate men.

Melissa was never shown in those types of "positions" I mean situations.

I fully agree with Kultainen, that Melissa is a Class Act.
    I respectfully disagree with this post.

The most sexually explicit scene on this season of the bach was the hot tub scene with Jillian and Jason (and she is the next ette). What is wrong with letting someone know you are a good kisser. There are any number of documentations that nothing occurred in the tent, she had to be back to the house by 6am for different shooting and they were shooting the tent date until 3 am.
    As far as who sexaually manipulates men, there were any number of ladies on the show who would qualify for this title and it includes Class Act Melissa. She at any given time had herself draped over his legs, between his legs, rubbing his thighs, and usually after she had one of whimpering little gigs. If she is so innocent why didn't she complain when Jason had his hands up her thighs and on her butt.
    Examples go on and on but there are many instances of coming on to the bachelor sexually in this show. And this show is totally manipulated and scripted to show only what tptb want you to see and how they want you to see it. Selective grabbing of a particular participant in a particular incident is really unfair must look at each participant and each action shown on the show.
    I would not state any one person on this show was any better or any worse than the next, all the participants would have been a Class Act. Stephanie spelled it out well on Bach afrc2. JMO

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by FARAWAYFAN25;3367806;
    I think this is debatable. Also, I think that Melissa's temper flared at the AFRC...did she have a right to...sure. Does that make it right? No. Regardless...I said it earlier today...and I'll say it again. A relationship is a two way street. Although I do not know the ends and outs of their relationship, I'm sure it is safe to say that Melissa was not faultless.

ETA: I don't think Molly should have ragged on Melissa if she did when she left. I have not seen the video on ABC.
    If that was a "temper flare", I wish I was that good at controlling my temper. She did very well in a tough situation.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;3368358;
    Sorry for all the back to back posts, but I'm desperately trying to catch up and have no idea how to do one of those wonderful Zinnia megaposts!

I can say her reaction was different in other clips than what was televised, and that it is not uncommon for multiple entrances and exits to be taped. And with this being a "closed" set, anything could be done to manipulate the outcome.

As for the ring, contestants don't have the ring in her possession, and can't wear it until the ATFR. I'm sure it was there for Jason to either place on her finger, or for her to throw back in his face (dang, why did she have to be so classy), so when the opportune time came, she handed it back.
    As I posted earler, she had been told that ATFR he would reaffirm his committment with the ring...and she was given it when she came out. Now, I don't think at that time it was to hurt her, but the ring was to be part of whatever went down.