Page 206 of 209 FirstFirst ... 106156196197198199200201202203204205206207208209 LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2086

Thread: Discussion Thread 3/2

  1. #2051
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    37

    Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

    By the Way, everyone needs to make there way over to ABC.com, and tell your friends....and wathc the video of Molly's departure. It is much different than the edited finale. It is disgusting...Molly just slams Melissa. Big time. Please go watch it...then tell me what kind of person Molly is.

  2. #2052
    FORT Fanatic blasie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    779

    Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

    The best thing that could ever have happened to Melissa Rycroft would be to be dumped on national, network, primetime TV. She and Jason did not have a snowball's chance in he!! of becoming a couple in RL.

    Jason and Melissa have way too many similarities in their personalities to be a couple. They are both better than average looking. We were shown that they both focus on the fact that they, through no fault of their own, are always the dumpee. They are both somewhat passive. On the show they had everything planned for them. They both cry a lot. Neither one of them has much of a way with words. They each need someone who is a leader to set the agenda and map out a plan to reach a goal.....sound like anyone we know?

    Whether or not we ever find out what possessed him to propose to Melissa in the first place, and I will not list all the possible scenarios, it was simply a matter of time before it imploded. If the charade had been dragged out to the typical life span of Bachelor engagements, there would be no ground swell of outrage for the wounding of Melissa. Few of the talk shows would even mention it.......another Bachelor fiasco...big deal! The gossip mags(rags) would give it a line of coverage. This way it's HUGE. Better than getting Jason, Melissa gets the sympathy of the viewing public.


    Don't drink the KoolAid

    Commit random acts of kindness!

  3. #2053
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

    Quote Originally Posted by shark0830;3366879;
    By the Way, everyone needs to make there way over to ABC.com, and tell your friends....and wathc the video of Molly's departure. It is much different than the edited finale. It is disgusting...Molly just slams Melissa. Big time. Please go watch it...then tell me what kind of person Molly is.
    What did she say? Can't view it here.

  4. #2054
    FORT Fogey fan*addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Posts
    3,896

    Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

    Okay folks...in light of the fact that this season has pretty much most people...I thought it would be fun to reflect on the fact that tonight American Idol will choose the last of the top 12 finalists...therefore in hommage to Paula Abdul..I offer the following (with regards to Jason of course)

    He's a cold-hearted snake
    Look into his eyes
    Oh oh oh
    He's been tellin' lies
    He's a lover boy at play
    He don't play by rules
    Oh oh oh --Girl don't play the fool--no

  5. #2055
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    891

    Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

    Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3367070;
    The best thing that could ever have happened to Melissa Rycroft would be to be dumped on national, network, primetime TV. She and Jason did not have a snowball's chance in he!! of becoming a couple in RL.

    Jason and Melissa have way too many similarities in their personalities to be a couple. They are both better than average looking. We were shown that they both focus on the fact that they, through no fault of their own, are always the dumpee. They are both somewhat passive. On the show they had everything planned for them. They both cry a lot. Neither one of them has much of a way with words. They each need someone who is a leader to set the agenda and map out a plan to reach a goal.....sound like anyone we know?

    Whether or not we ever find out what possessed him to propose to Melissa in the first place, and I will not list all the possible scenarios, it was simply a matter of time before it imploded. If the charade had been dragged out to the typical life span of Bachelor engagements, there would be no ground swell of outrage for the wounding of Melissa. Few of the talk shows would even mention it.......another Bachelor fiasco...big deal! The gossip mags(rags) would give it a line of coverage. This way it's HUGE. Better than getting Jason, Melissa gets the sympathy of the viewing public.
    That's certainly not accurate about Mel. She is smart, funny, very well spoken, outgoing, and generally a good, well adjusted person. I agree she is attractive. She has goals: a good job, a degree in finance, and making the DCC (one of only 36, with hundreds of others trying out. And it's based primarily on dance talent and personality, and, yes, looks). She has made some mistakes choosing men. We all do. Expecially in our 20's. She will be fine, and it's not because she is a victim or needs pubilcity. She is niether, and has never aksed to be seen as that. In fact, that's why she was so classy in all this. That's why she didn't compound the farce by showing up on the 2nd ATFR. IF she goes on Ellen, she will do the same class act.

    Now as for Jason: if he took up with Molly while engaged, he's sleazy. if he didn't, and still did did what he did over "thoughts", he's crazy. if he broke
    up on TV because they "made him", he is a wimp. if it was on his own, he's a sociopathic, narcissitic jerk who every woman should run far away from.

  6. #2056
    FORT Fogey 2observe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles245;3365824;
    Are you saying this season took the theme of Sleepless in Seattle?
    That's exactly what I was saying, and I think that the problem for Jason was that Melissa really did fall in love with him. Did Jason know that Melissa wasn't aware of the SIS Theme? I really don't know. I just know in the Movie the main got engaged, then broke the engagement and when chose the other person. Was it just a coincidence? I've been recently told by a trusted one that it did NOT look up a setup to them. So.....

  7. #2057
    FORT Fogey chopstickchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,639

    Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

    Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3367200;
    That's certainly not accurate about Mel. She is smart, funny, very well spoken, outgoing, and generally a good, well adjusted person. I agree she is attractive. She has goals: a good job, a degree in finance, and making the DCC (one of only 36, with hundreds of others trying out. And it's based primarily on dance talent and personality, and, yes, looks). She has made some mistakes choosing men. We all do. Expecially in our 20's. She will be fine, and it's not because she is a victim or needs pubilcity. She is niether, and has never aksed to be seen as that. In fact, that's why she was so classy in all this. That's why she didn't compound the farce by showing up on the 2nd ATFR. IF she goes on Ellen, she will do the same class act.

    Now as for Jason: if he took up with Molly while engaged, he's sleazy. if he didn't, and still did did what he did over "thoughts", he's crazy. if he broke
    up on TV because they "made him", he is a wimp. if it was on his own, he's a sociopathic, narcissitic jerk who every woman should run far away from.
    hopefully she'll be able to speak freely on Ellen and tell her side - can't wait! as painful as it must have been to go through, I 'm sure she sees now it's better to find out the guy is a loser early on then in a year from now. he fooled a lot of people, not only her

  8. #2058
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3

    Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

    Quote Originally Posted by Small;3366281;
    I agree with you about how Molly got to him...when she kept saying he was making a mistake you can see on his face that he got concerned and worried right at that point and started second guessing himself. Then he asked her WHY...um what does it matter what she thinks. She says one day Mel will wake up and not want that life anymore...his facial expression then changed. He was worried and kind of freaking out.

    I do think she planted the seed of doubt. My husband watched with me and said the same thing. I think she knows he's easily swayed...and I also have no doubts that they were in some type of contact before he broke up with Mel. Whether it was planned from the beginning I'll never be sure but I know I don't buy for a second that Molly just took sloppy seconds 6 weeks after he dumped her in NZ. If that was me 6 weeks later and I found out he dumped the other girl on national tv only to want me back since it didn't work out with her I'd have slapped him and walked off the set!
    I totally agree. He even said on the ATFR2 that while he was with Melissa he couldn't stop thinking about what Molly had said after he let her go.

  9. #2059
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

    Quote Originally Posted by ducwidow;3366873;
    HA! He sounds just like Meanna!

    sure does ... two of a kind there ...

  10. #2060
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3367076;
    What did she say? Can't view it here.
    Well, she basically just goes on and on about how Melissa isn't right for Jason because she's too young, and "has had no life experiences," and has never left Texas, and isn't mature enough to be a stepmom and will run from that responsibility pretty quickly. ...

    I actually didn't think it was so bad, really. She prefaced it with "I like Melissa but..." and I'm not surprised that one would whine about a rival like this.

    However, I think it's hilarious (and makes her out to be kind of non-self-aware, in my opinion) that she's actually younger than Melissa. And I don't know that she should get many points on the "life experience" scale for living in Wisconsin while her parents live all the way over in Michigan! Texas is a big state! And, in fact, Melissa seems to have considerably more experience with kids than Molly had. So the "she's too young to be a stepmom" thing just sounded ridiculous to me.

    24-year-old Molly calling 25-year-old Melissa too sheltered for this situation. Just a laugh to me, and mainly a sign of how young Molly actually is. Didn't really strike me as particularly evil, though, (even though I've not particularly liked Molly all along -- got a sort of phony and cold vibe from her throughout the show) although I know that's how it's striking a lot of people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.