Page 204 of 209 FirstFirst ... 104154194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209 LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2086

Thread: Discussion Thread 3/2

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

Quote Originally Posted by Polgara;3364952;
    In regard to the viewers wanting a love story. I think it's just folks on the message boards that discuss and invest in the show that want a real love story and since they make up about 1% of the viewing population no one listens.

The majority of the viewing public want drama action and general buffoonery when they watch or they tune out. The proof is in the pudding if you look at the ratings as many people have said here today. I talked to a lot of people at work today that said they had never watched the show before and because of all the hoopla they decided to check it out. Several even said if it was like this all the time they would tune in each season.

No one believes it's real anyway. It was just even less real this time around.

Oh and thanks for the contract clarification sdl! I love watching Jason get tossed around about that now because I had heard so many times before that it was in his contract.

I disagree. The friends/family that I have talked to who aren't "spoiled" and don't go to message boards have said they hated this ending and that really thought this time The Bachelor had found true love.....and they loved that.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling In Ill;3364909;
    Actually, I thought "Bastard" was the perfect word.
    On second thought, you are right. He is: he chose to be honest and in today's psyche, that's politically incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Polgara;3364952;
    In regard to the viewers wanting a love story. I think it's just folks on the message boards that discuss and invest in the show that want a real love story and since they make up about 1% of the viewing population no one listens.

The majority of the viewing public want drama action and general buffoonery when they watch or they tune out. The proof is in the pudding if you look at the ratings as many people have said here today. I talked to a lot of people at work today that said they had never watched the show before and because of all the hoopla they decided to check it out. Several even said if it was like this all the time they would tune in each season.

No one believes it's real anyway. It was just even less real this time around.
    Not to be mean or anything, but I think I disagree. Most viewers ARE looking for a love story. Yes, of course everybody wants to see a little drama, but publically humiliating someone is a MUCH different story.

And how can you explain all these people commenting on RS's blog, CH's blog, youtube vids, ect.? They're clearly NOT in favor with how the show ended, at least the majority aren't. So, I firmly believe that in the end, most do want to see the happy couple and not some train wreck, which is what 11 million people saw last night.

Quote Originally Posted by missthinmint;3364806;
    Ok, ok, so I lack some eloquence...
    LOL! I'm standing right next to you. I just thought that phrase was funny, because had it been anyone OTHER than Jason....
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Newbie

Hi, everybody......first time post here.

I think the big question on most people's minds today is Why?

1. Why did he propose to Melissa if he was also in love with Molly?
    2. Why did he agree to go along with this smarmy little scenario and dump Melissa in public?

Let's take number 1. One minute Jason's agonizing about being in love with both women (I wish he'd stop calling them girls) and has no idea what he's going to do. Then from somewhere comes this great moment of clarity and five minutes later he "just knows" who he wants to spend the rest of his life with. Does this make any sense to you? Not to me. Someone should enlighten Jason that if you believe you're in love with two women at the same time, you're truly not in love with either one in the way you need to be for a committed relationship. Figure it out before you propose.

As for number 2: I don't believe Jason is basically a bad guy. Confused and easily-led maybe, but not a mean-spirited person. But money talks, doesn't it? And I think what happened is that Jason sold his soul to the devil for financial security. He didn't carry out his part simply to increase the ratings for ABC out of the goodness of his heart. I think he knew this was not the way to go. But I'm sure his participation in this show was handsomely rewarded.

Jason wasn't calling the shots here, Fleiss and company were. So Jason believes he had contractual obligations to follow orders no matter what they were? Was it specifically written into his contract that if a breakup occurred it had to be done on camera? Why would that particular clause be put in there in the first place? I'd like to believe that an honorable man would have stood up and refused to humiliate someone he'd supposedly been in love with only a few short weeks before.

Melissa knew there were some bumps in the relationship, as she acknowledged that she and Jason had been talking about that earlier. But nothing will convince me she knew Jason was officially going to end it at ATFR1. Watching it a second time today was even more heartbreaking than the first.

Also did anyone else think Molly was a bit too eager to forgive Jason and didn't appear to be all that shocked by the turn of events? As Melissa kept repeating last night, things just don't make any sense. There's something that's so "off" and feels so phony to me this season that my mind automatically goes to "setup". So I'm definitely in the RS school of thought on this one.

Fleiss and producers don't care about anyone's feelings, or whether they're hurt or embarrassed or whatever. Their job is to create a show that brings in ratings for the network. Considering the public outrage over this one, their plan may have backfired bigtime.

(ABC should make sure their next bachelor has a basic knowledge of grammar. It's not "her and I", Jason, it's "she and I". Just one of my pet peeves.)

Quote Originally Posted by midnighter;3365150;
    Hi, everybody......first time post here.

I think the big question on most people's minds today is Why?

1. Why did he propose to Melissa if he was also in love with Molly?
    2. Why did he agree to go along with this smarmy little scenario and dump Melissa in public?

Let's take number 1. One minute Jason's agonizing about being in love with both women (I wish he'd stop calling them girls) and has no idea what he's going to do. Then from somewhere comes this great moment of clarity and five minutes later he "just knows" who he wants to spend the rest of his life with. Does this make any sense to you? Not to me. Someone should enlighten Jason that if you believe you're in love with two women at the same time, you're truly not in love with either one in the way you need to be for a committed relationship. Figure it out before you propose.

As for number 2: I don't believe Jason is basically a bad guy. Confused and easily-led maybe, but not a mean-spirited person. But money talks, doesn't it? And I think what happened is that Jason sold his soul to the devil for financial security. He didn't carry out his part simply to increase the ratings for ABC out of the goodness of his heart. I think he knew this was not the way to go. But I'm sure his participation in this show was handsomely rewarded.

Jason wasn't calling the shots here, Fleiss and company were. So Jason believes he had contractual obligations to follow orders no matter what they were? Was it specifically written into his contract that if a breakup occurred it had to be done on camera? Why would that particular clause be put in there in the first place? I'd like to believe that an honorable man would have stood up and refused to humiliate someone he'd supposedly been in love with only a few short weeks before.

Melissa knew there were some bumps in the relationship, as she acknowledged that she and Jason had been talking about that earlier. But nothing will convince me she knew Jason was officially going to end it at ATFR1. Watching it a second time today was even more heartbreaking than the first.

Also did anyone else think Molly was a bit too eager to forgive Jason and didn't appear to be all that shocked by the turn of events? As Melissa kept repeating last night, things just don't make any sense. There's something that's so "off" and feels so phony to me this season that my mind automatically goes to "setup". So I'm definitely in the RS school of thought on this one.

Fleiss and producers don't care about anyone's feelings, or whether they're hurt or embarrassed or whatever. Their job is to create a show that brings in ratings for the network. Considering the public outrage over this one, their plan may have backfired bigtime.

(ABC should make sure their next bachelor has a basic knowledge of grammar. It's not "her and I", Jason, it's "she and I". Just one of my pet peeves.)
    Nobody on here can really tell you why, mainly because we aren't Jason and don't understand how he rationalizes things.

Honestly, I do believe that back in November when he did propose to Melissa, he did think it would be forever, but I think he's just not confident enough in his decisions and I truly think that maybe Molly got to him by saying over and over "you're making a huge mistake".

I don't however believe that it was necessarily planned from the beginning to dump Melissa for Molly for ratings. I think he just got away from all the hype of filming and started questioning himself and all the "What ifs" about life with Molly.

Again, nobody really knows, this is all just speculation and will probably be forever.

Fair enough guys. Maybe more people do want the straight up love story, but after the ratings this train wreck garnered I think they will be over ruled from now on. Heck in the beginning I was hoping Jason would turn out to be a great guy who found a great woman, but this season was as boring as dry toast until this all started coming out. I am not trying to put anyone down at all and if I offended I apologize just posting the reactions I got today and the general comments I hear or have read in RL as opposed to the message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles245;3365006;
    Not to be mean or anything, but I think I disagree. Most viewers ARE looking for a love story. Yes, of course everybody wants to see a little drama, but publically humiliating someone is a MUCH different story.
    And how can you explain all these people commenting on RS's blog, CH's blog, youtube vids, ect.? They're clearly NOT in favor with how the show ended, at least the majority aren't. So, I firmly believe that in the end, most do want to see the happy couple and not some train wreck, which is what 11 million people saw last night.
    Imo, the only way they could have tied the ending to the Movie (Sleepless In Seattle-SIS) was to first show the engagement, then the break-up, and then the truelove. No-one paid much attention to the "Theme" of Jason's Show. Imo, the F2 women were the tie-in to the SIS Theme. Jason was playing a role, Melissa was playing a role and Molly was playing a role. Jason and Melissa had the "storyline" lovestory (fake) Did Melissa really fall for Jason??? Did Melissa know that Jason would leave her for Molly??? She did if she knew what happened in the SIS Movie. IOW, the only reason Jason proposed to Melissa and then "publicly" break-up with her for Molly, was to support the SIS Theme. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyou;3365000;
    On second thought, you are right. He is: he chose to be honest and in today's psyche, that's politically incorrect.
    I waiting for him to be honest, if he did then maybe some of the anger will leave.

My anger comes from 1) public break up..blindsided or not who wants to be sitting there listening to that and know that tv land is going to watch that and 2) why do we have to see jason and molly making out 10 minutes after showing Melissa the door..... Jason has not been honest like you said and this is just.....yuk