Page 203 of 209 FirstFirst ... 103153193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2086

Thread: Discussion Thread 3/2

Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;3364582;
    There's clearly a difference between what viewers want, and what Fleiss & ABC deliver.

But ratings are a trap. High ratings mean more of the same. Low ratings mean fewer shows, shorter shows or no show at all.
    Exactly. So unless people are turning off the show, they are communicating that they don't mind seeing a trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by JordynRoses;3364643;

Maybe he does use that one to propose to Molly tonight....
    If he proposes to Molly tonight, the whole world better hate him! It was bad enough to sit there and watch them practically make out minutes after he dumped Melissa!

I'm just still kind of in shock he's done this, I can't really fathom that Jason would do this to Mel after he went on and on about how he got his heart broken on Deanna's season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles245;3364827;
    If he proposes to Molly tonight, the whole world better hate him! It was bad enough to sit there and watch them practically make out minutes after he dumped Melissa!

I'm just still kind of in shock he's done this, I can't really fathom that Jason would do this to Mel after he went on and on about how he got his heart broken on Deanna's season.
    You can read in RS's blog what happens. There's no engagement.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3364702;
    I'm thinking he was going to use that one, but changed his mind???
    I think that skinny ring is from Brad's season. There's a video of him picking out the ring which I saw the other day and remembered because in it he said he had found the one and of course he proposed to neither. Hope I'm not mis-remembering this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Roseio;3364506;
    I think the emails came from Mel-she probably cared not one whit about confidentiality after Jason told her they were through. Remember, no one is to know the outcome before the show airs and we all did, although not everyone could believe it was true. Falling in love on a show like this is no more than a dream and this one became a nightmare for those concerned. I was always a bit suspicious of the perfectJason-wasn't his divorce final just last year? I could never understand his willingness to be gone from Ty for an extended period in search of a bride on a reality TV show. He can propose seemingly at the drop of a hat and falls in and out of love rather quickly IMO. It takes a certain love of the limelight to be willing to do this show not to mention bodies that look good in bathing suits in hot tubs. I think most of the women are suspect as well with some exceptions, but we all remember Deanna's great turnaround from heroine to disliked. Expecting lasting love to form in what amounts to a few hours of time together under artificial lights and in fairy tale settings, is expecting way to much.
    I have a feeling that the leaks may have come from Melissa's camp or those sympathetic to her case.

I feel for her but she could have avoided public humiliation had she not played the 'pity card'. Instead, she used it and allowed herself to play the role of the dumpee to the hilt. I don't believe she is totally unaware of the problems but I think she chose to ignore it. I could relate to her because I was once in a similar situation (although in my case my ex admitted later to using it [saying he fell for someone else] to make me jealous) but I handled it differently. She could have stopped him by just declaring that they realized they were not right for each other thus the decision to call off the engagement. I think, inwardly, she wanted to inflict pain on him. I know a lot of people applauded her for calling him 'bastard' ... I found her language to be in very poor taste.

Regarding engagement, in my heydays, it was viewed as the time to test the 'waters' to see if indeed you are right for each other. Given the realities surrounding the proposal, I say it makes more sense to approach their betrothal with that mindset.

So far, only one bachelorette behaved with class and grace _ Stephanie. I wish Molly and Jason the best ... and to Melissa, I hope she'll find closure and the happiness she so deserve.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyou;3364870;
    I have a feeling that the leaks may have come from Melissa's camp or those sympathetic to her case.

I feel for her but she could have avoided public humiliation had she not played the 'pity card'. Instead, she used it and allowed herself to play the role of the dumpee to the hilt. I don't believe she is totally unaware of the problems but I think she chose to ignore it. I could relate to her because I was once in a similar situation (although in my case my ex admitted later to using it [saying he fell for someone else] to make me jealous) but I handled it differently. She could have stopped him by just declaring that they realized they were not right for each other thus the decision to call off the engagement. I think, inwardly, she wanted to inflict pain on him. I know a lot of people applauded her for calling him 'bastard' ... I found her language to be in very poor taste.

Regarding engagement, in my heydays, it was viewed as the time to test the 'waters' to see if indeed you are right for each other. Given the realities surrounding the proposal, I say it makes more sense to approach their betrothal with that mindset.

So far, only one bachelorette behaved with class and grace _ Stephanie. I wish Molly and Jason the best ... and to Melissa, I hope she'll find closure and the happiness she so deserve.
    Actually, I thought "Bastard" was the perfect word.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling In Ill;3364909;
    Actually, I thought "Bastard" was the perfect word.
    I thought it was kind of mild.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyou;3364870;

I'm confused here, how was she suppose to avoid public humiliation when TPTB and Jason insisted on taping the show for the public, how did the pity card play a part of them wanting to do the AFTR1 and AFTR2.

In regard to the viewers wanting a love story. I think it's just folks on the message boards that discuss and invest in the show that want a real love story and since they make up about 1% of the viewing population no one listens.

The majority of the viewing public want drama action and general buffoonery when they watch or they tune out. The proof is in the pudding if you look at the ratings as many people have said here today. I talked to a lot of people at work today that said they had never watched the show before and because of all the hoopla they decided to check it out. Several even said if it was like this all the time they would tune in each season.

No one believes it's real anyway. It was just even less real this time around.

Oh and thanks for the contract clarification sdl! I love watching Jason get tossed around about that now because I had heard so many times before that it was in his contract.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;3364940;
    I thought it was kind of mild.
    It would have been mild for me, but for a young lady I thought it was appropriate. I think her parents should be very proud of how she handled herself in a very tough situation.