Thread: Discussion Thread 3/2

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3364583;
    LIke Jason could afford a $65,000 engagement ring...I doubt it
    No he couldn't. In the beginning the Bachelors use to be real catches.... great guys with great jobs and a secure amount of money. They were able to buy their own rings and have great fantasy dates that they COULD pay for.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;3364176;
    I have a question that I'm not sure as been answered yet. But, in the movie, "Sleepless in Seattle," did the "main character" choose one person and then changed their mind and chose the other person? Are there many similiarities between the Movie and the Show??? If so, it's clear that this Show was scripted from day 1.
    I finally got an answer to my question about the comparisions between Jason's Show and the movie, "Sleepless In Seattle." See below:

Originally Posted by 2observe
    TPTB knew this from the beginning. They knew that she would gain "major" sympathy which, imo, was what they wanted to secure viewers for her show as the Bachelorette. This is why I have a very hard time believing that this wasn't a set-up from the very beginning. I still didn't get an answer to my question regarding the movie "Sleepless In Seattle." Did the "main" character choose one person (for whatever reason), and then changed their mind and chose someone else? Are there many similiarities between the Movie and the Show???

Originally Posted by mommyluvsnoah
    The main character was engaged to a man (Walter) that was safe. She heard a radio program in which another character (Sam) talks about losing the love of his life when his wife died. To make a long story short at the end she calls off her engagement to Walter because she can't stop thinking of Sam and she will regret it if she doesn't see what will happen. In the end she ends up with the single dad Sam and his son Jonah. I left a lot out but that's it in a nutshell.

Originally Posted by 2observe
    Thank you for responding. Now, does the highlighted statement sound familiar???? ETA: "Jason calls off his engagement to Melissa because he can't stop thinking of Molly". Imo, the Show was scripted from the beginning.

It's pretty clear that the Show was scripted/set-up. I wondered why Jason kept starring at both Melissa and Molly, like he was waiting for them to say something. Now I believe that Jason was waiting for his "clue" line from them.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3364583;
    LIke Jason could afford a $65,000 engagement ring...I doubt it
    I saw an OTHER ring last night...

Jason was holding it and looking at it.

It was the ugly round one.
    I was wondering what it was doing in the footage since we knew he wouldn't propose to Melissa with that one.

However, it was shown BEFORE the FRC last night.

Maybe he does use that one to propose to Molly tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by Silver18;3364503;
    Someone at work said that when Melissa came out last night she was not wearing her ring... can someone confirm???? Please?????

Melissa WAS wearing the ring when she came out, you can see it if you look closely. During her conversation with Jason at some point she took it off and had it in her lap.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by annabanana2;3364591;
    So are you saying that you would be much happier with a totally fake proposal, fake relationship, real breakup? I'm not being rude, really!! But I don't understand why people want/need the love story if they already know, through experiencing the Bachelor over all these seasons, that it's not real life in any sense. Why would you want to pretend it is?? Help me here.
    No, no, no...nothing fake. If it's not there, it's not there...I just am tired of the manipulative editing to make it seem like it's there when it isn't. Yup, the hopeless romantic that would love the happy (and real) ending but realistic enough that I concede it may never happen.

Can't help but hoping that someday it would happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by JordynRoses;3364643;
    I saw an OTHER ring last night...

Jason was holding it and looking at it.

It was the ugly round one.
    I was wondering what it was doing in the footage since we knew he wouldn't propose to Melissa with that one.
    I'm thinking he was going to use that one, but changed his mind???

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3364702;
    I'm thinking he was going to use that one, but changed his mind???
    This is probably the case considering he changes his mind at the drop of a dime

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3364709;
    This is probably the case considering he changes his mind at the drop of a dime
    EXACTLY

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3363790;
    Referring to the sentence I "bolded" (my English professor brother would hang me by my toenails for that one), apparently Jason does. He told anyone who would listen (Mel, CH, Molly, Jimmy Kimmel, the American viewing public) that we didn't understand... that "this is REAL." yipes
    Ok, ok, so I lack some eloquence...

FORT Regular

Sorry I can't find it to give credit where credit is due, but someone made a post regarding the fact that a year ago Brad was the bad guy because of what he did and then along came Deanna and she vindicated Brad with her season and then Jason vindicates Deanna with this crap that he has pulled. The just of the post was a year from now someone will have come along that will have vindicated Jason.

I don't know about anyone else, I don't want to see what they could come up that would vindicate Jason.........