Thread: Discussion Thread 3/2

Re: Discussion Thread 3/2

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3364407;
    If you want a love story, then this isn't the show to watch.
    Then the question is....why do people posting to this board say with regularity that they want to see a love story, and after being consistently disappointed, why do they tune in in record numbers to see the biggest trainwreck of them all?

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

The producers of this show have it all wrong.....they think we want drama....they think we want fights and surprises. They have it all wrong....in the end all we want is to see a couple fall in love....whether it works out down the road or not. I don't want "the most dramatic rose ceremony yet" ....I want whats REAL. Reality TV became such a huge thing because we enjoy watching real people....but all the producers have become so infatuated with one uping the next show. I think its time they look back to what made reality tv such a hit in the first place.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Newbie

If you want a love story, then this isn't the show to watch. IF one happens it will be in spite of the show, not because of it. They have seen this season that the trainwreck brings in the viewers. Expect more in the future. Next thing we know, Jilly will be preggo and we will have a "who's the daddy ATFR"

That's hysterical!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3364420;
    Then the question is....why do people posting to this board say with regularity that they want to see a love story, and after being consistently disappointed, why do they tune in in record numbers to see the biggest trainwreck of them all?
    Which is my point. Are people glutton for punishment? I don't know why people watch anymore and expect a love story after Fleiss has so blatantly said over and over that he could care less about the love story. I know I don't watch it for a love story and haven't in a while. I watch it for entertainment value and to sleuth, but that doesn't mean that I still don't get caught up when I see people like Mel and Jeremy treated so horribly by TPTB. I do see a lot of people here getting swept up in hopes of a love story and those are usually the same people who have a hard time dealing with the outcome. It would be great to see another couple from the show actually work out, and I think that Jill may be strong enough and smart enough to actually make the best of her situation, but she will have to go against TPTB and create the fairytale for herself because all TPTB are looking for is ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3364435;
    The producers of this show have it all wrong.....they think we want drama....they think we want fights and surprises. They have it all wrong....in the end all we want is to see a couple fall in love....whether it works out down the road or not. I don't want "the most dramatic rose ceremony yet" ....I want whats REAL. Reality TV became such a huge thing because we enjoy watching real people....but all the producers have become so infatuated with one uping the next show. I think its time they look back to what made reality tv such a hit in the first place.
    ITA. And I think it would be amazing and more realistic if they stretched out the season. Let The Bachelor/ette have additional weeks to get to know his F2 or F4. That would certainly up the odds of giving us a true love story.

And show us the evolution of how one becomes 'just a friend' vs. The One. For example, it was so UNreal when Jillian and Jason were getting hot 'n heavy in the hot tub, and then the next week she was 'the ultimate best friend.' Everyone was like, 'howd you come up with that one?!' They should have SHOWN us - it would have been reality. Same for the chemistry 'changing' with Mel - SHOW us that, so it doesn't feel like a big ole plot.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3363927;
    Mel has referred to herself multiple times as the "dumpee". She says in the 4 relationships she has had she is always in this role. In the limo last night she made a statement questioning what is wrong with her. Her words. She labels herself as a blacksheep. In all her years of being on the DCC her parents offered no support to her past time. All her own words.
    Her own friends at her HTD said she has a history of choosing men who "use and abuse" her. Their words. That was the joint point of view of her closest friends.
    Needing help sorting through your feelings or some objective support dealing with issues is not to be equated with being criminally insane or a sever psychiatric disorder!
    Most of us at any one point in our lives would probably agree we could have benefitted from some counseling or support. That should be viewed as a positive, helpful thing--not as a negative. JMO
    I have considered that if things didn't work out between Jason and Mel so quickly after the FRC that he may have encountered some real problems with her, something that wasn't evident to him for a few weeks. This is just an observation based on nothing more than conjecture which is no different than all other conjecture being discussed here. She went from "I am so mad at you/bastard" to, in the limo, "how can I be mad at him" and wondering what she did wrong. I also believe that Mel was told before walking onto that set..she was already angry, and Molly also must have been prepped, even though she looked totally confused though and kept looking at Chris for reassurance, constantly. What a bizarre show!! All your observations about Mel's personality are what I saw also and in no way would I ever fault her, she is simply a product of her life experiences as is Jason, and Molly, and all of us. This TV show is so interesting, although it is not real life in the sense that it is happening in a normal time frame under normal conditions, it parallels real life in so many ways. Our reactions do also, which is a whole other story.

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3364470;
    Are people glutton for punishment?
    Apparently so.

If you want a love story, then this isn't the show to watch. IF one happens it will be in spite of the show, not because of it. They have seen this season that the trainwreck brings in the viewers. Expect more in the future. Next thing we know, Jilly will be preggo and we will have a "who's the daddy ATFR"
    Hey, don't give MF any ideas!:nono

FORT Newbie

Don't give TPTB any NEW ideas!!!

FORT Fanatic

Fleiss has already conceded that he is not producing love stories. He sees this series as more of a social experiment. Boy! has he got that right, from the participants all the way down to the viewers. ( and I include myself in that).