Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelorette 5 Filming Schedule

Re: The Bachelorette 5 Filming Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3359781;
    Unfortunately they have to cast a guy for the stalker role, the guy that is a narcissist, the angry guy, the guy that all the other guys cannot stand, etc.... So many roles to fill!

The 2-week interview, physical, psychological testing, etc... for the finalists was already held in LA last month. They probably have the story board all completed now too.
    All I can say is poor Jillian.And how many guys does she have left to pick her would be friend/love? 5 or 6 you say?.Again,I'm saying I wish she never accepted being the bachelorette. She would have done well on her own. If I remember I think they had a good length of time advertising for bachelors for Jen's Bachette 3.And look where that ended up.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3359796;
    The compressed filming schedule doesn't really allow for many contestants to have a "real" chance to break through, as contestant after contestant tells us in their post show teleconference interviews.

The first night the cameras can only film so many interactions.

The handlers are pre-assigned to handle particular contestants. They bicker about who gets to be with whom, because everyone wants to be with the contestant who has a shot to Exciting Travel to hometown, fantasy dates, meet the parents. Especially fantasy dates.

Some are cast knowing they will be sent home early.

Others are cast "to go far." For these cast members, they get arranged time with the Lead. Think Jillian and her hot dog idea. We were meant to love her from day one. Think of the huge glowing adorable intro she got that first night. From day one, she was a keeper. Because she was at the top of the heap of girls, and selected to be that.

Producers can entice a higher quality (less fame-oriented) contestant to come on the show if it's known that they will go far, and not suffer the embarrassment of early dismissal.

It's also simply practical. They have to scout and plan hometown dates and they need more lead time than 2 days to state the obvious.

I'm not saying the Lead has no say, but it's more marginal than people think.

Another example. They will ask Jillian what kinds of dates and activities she likes, but then do as they please. Does anyone think Jason wanted to go on the set of GH to play act for a day? I don't.
    Really? That's terrible. do you think the guys who will be the losers know that in advance? like from the very first night?

Quote Originally Posted by JordynRoses;3359815;
    Really? That's terrible. do you think the guys who will be the losers know that in advance? like from the very first night?
    I don't know, but I have heard that they come in thinking they have an equal shot, but that by the end of the night it seems kind of fake and planned. The directors have made plans about what sorts of interactions they want to stage and film. The handlers pressure people to perform the stupid human tricks that they naively supplied in response to questionnaires. Some do, because they are drunk, or uninhibited, or having fun, or whatever.

This is not a fraud or a crime, IMO. It's just the process that has evolved over time, to generate the footage needed to edit the night into 2 hours of TV, that can be promoted, previewed, discussed on Ellen the next day, etc.

FORT Fanatic

I am just guessing here but maybe they are going to speed up the first couple of rose ceremonies. I think if they go down to the final four much faster it would be a much more exciting show. Face it, no one remembers the first 20 contestents. So it would be better ratings if they spent more time on the real relationships rather than the fluff first few weeks.

And then let's not forget the blog from the "too normal woman" last season that was sent home literally hours before the Meet and Greet started. She was told she was too normal and they already had their quota of those.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

It's a smart move from abc to alternate Bachelor / Bachelorette -- The rejects from both camps can meet, mix and match and give us even more potential love stories...

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3359585;
    I have now heard confirmed that Jillian's premiere airing date is scheduled for May 18th.
    Fantastic, I get back from holidays May 17th.

Thanks, Blondiegal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33;3359987;
    Fantastic, I get back from holidays May 17th.

Thanks, Blondiegal!!!
    Ha! Timed just for you peacemar33!

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3359747;
    How is that possible so soon? Did they already pick potential good matches for Jillian?
    Don't forget that Jason's season was done filming just before or on Thanksgiving weekend. Jillian was gone before that time. So for us fans while Jason's show is close to over it has been a while and they have probably done some of the auditions since January... Just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33;3360009;
    Don't forget that Jason's season was done filming just before or on Thanksgiving weekend. Jillian was gone before that time. So for us fans while Jason's show is close to over it has been a while and they have probably done some of the auditions since January... Just guessing.
    Casting could also rely on a pool of those applicants/interviewees from past seasons that didn't make those shows.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.